Page 32 of 141 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Switzerland
    Post Count
    Horseface needs to put his chompers to work again

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Does somebody explain me why Uruguay started a lineup to hold the tie? Getting a draw and losing by 20 was exactly the same for them. They need to beat Ghana either way.

My Team
    Switzerland
    Post Count
    Penaldo so pissed rn. first he unsuccessfully tries to steal a goal and then he got subbed with the penaldo kick incoming

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Pretty sure that isn't a handball per FIFA new definition...

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    As expected, Portugal making light work of the 3rd ranked team in South America. No surprises there

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Portugal va Uruguay 2:0

It’s getting complicated for Uruguay, they must win Ghana

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    VAR folks forgot Sidenaldo is on the bench.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    As expected, Portugal making light work of the 3rd ranked team in South America. No surprises there
    Sure, like in the last World Cup.

Actually, this is the first time Sidenaldo beats a Cobmebol team officially, tbh.

Also, Uruguay wasn't 3rd in SA, tbh.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Does somebody explain me why Uruguay started a lineup to hold the tie? Getting a draw and losing by 20 was exactly the same for them. They need to beat Ghana either way.
    Many players past their prime, Portugal seems good and would win doesn’t matter what Uruguay does. After a goleada, it would be difficult to motivate the team.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Because they've been doing the same for 30 years, if not more? Uruguay is a small country, but plays smaller than it is football wise. They've become accustomed to playing a petty brand of football, sometimes it works (mainly because when you have as much talent as they do, it's bound to), but more often than not it doesn't. I'd like them to try and play a more audacious style, I think they could do better.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Sure, like in the last World Cup.

Actually, this is the first time Sidenaldo beats a Cobmebol team officially, tbh.

Also, Uruguay wasn't 3rd in SA, tbh.
    That's 20 years without a World Cup for South America talking

Just try to act like somebody for a change.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    https://youtu.be/zwV3h1vqU0A

When you watch Real stars win a decade later

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Many players past their prime, Portugal seems good and would win doesn’t matter what Uruguay does. After a goleada, it would be difficult to motivate the team.
    Only players past their prime, that started today, are Godin and Cavani (both guys that shouldn't even be starting). They actually have a very nice core of young players, specially in midfield, but they need to stop their historically obsession of being so negative all the time. They have players to be more offensive minded.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    That's 20 years without a World Cup for South America talking

Just try to act like somebody for a change.
    So what's your point? Uruguay has less population that many European cities and don't steal talent from other continents to artificially boost their performance (immigration is welcome when they suit you, isn't it?). Given the number of times each continent won the cup, and the fact that a lot of European teams depended heavily on many South American players (Italy '34 had 4 Argentinian stars and one Brazilian in it, Trezeguet won the '98 WC with France, Camoranesi did the same with Italy in '06), and the fact that the best players ever are almost universally from South America (Maradona, Pele, Messi, Distéfano, Garrincha, etc) I'd say Europeans have quite some nerve to talk about South American football...

Match day three is quick to be fun.

Netherlands
    Ecuador

England
    Iran

Argentina
    Saudi Arabia

France
    Denmark

Spain
    Germany

Brazil
    Swizz

Portugal
    Ghana

Morocco
    Croatia

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    So what's your point? Uruguay has less population that many European cities and don't steal talent from other continents to artificially boost their performance (immigration is welcome when they suit you, isn't it?). Given the number of times each continent won the cup, and the fact that a lot of European teams depended heavily on many South American players (Italy '34 had 4 Argentinian stars and one Brazilian in it, Trezeguet won the '98 WC with France, Camoranesi did the same with Italy in '06), and the fact that the best players ever are almost universally from South America (Maradona, Pele, Messi, Distéfano, Garrincha, etc) I'd say Europeans have quite some nerve to talk about South American football...
    To be fair 50% of Argentina players would be black today if Argentina givernment had not run all black people to Brazil border in the past

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    To be fair 50% of Argentina players would be black today if Argentina givernment had not run all black people to Brazil border in the past

Not sure what you mean but don't worry, the current administration is making sure anyone with European ancestry is booking a flight back to Europe or elsewhere, so in 30 years we'll look a lot different and maybe we'll be playing under a Mapuche flag.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Brazil's population is larger than Germany, France and Italy combined. What's their excuse?

Portugal's population is barely over 10 million and they won 2 trophies in the last 6 years.

Cry more or git gud, scrub.

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    Not sure what you mean but don't worry, the current administration is making sure anyone with European ancestry is booking a flight back to Europe or elsewhere, so in 30 years we'll look a lot different and maybe we'll be playing under a Mapuche flag.

Thanks God

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Brazil's population is larger than Germany, France and Italy combined. What's their excuse?

Portugal's population is barely over 10 million and they won 2 trophies in the last 6 years.

Cry more or git gud, scrub.
    Not really when they're stealing half the talents from Africa, essentially filtering over a population tenfold their size. Kind of embarrasing, TBH, that the NT from many European powers are a reflection of the talent on the fields of Africa rather than Europe.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    You sure didn't chose your name at random

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Not really when they're stealing half the talents from Africa, essentially filtering over a population tenfold their size. Kind of embarrasing, TBH, that the NT from many European powers are a reflection of the talent on the fields of Africa rather than Europe.
    How about them african-croatians when they made the WC final in 2018?

Or

them african-italians when they won Euro 2020?

All i see is sour grapes and a whole lot of excuses coming from the South America crowd

Veteran
    Post Count
    How about them african-croatians when they made the WC final in 2018?

Or

them african-italians when they won Euro 2020?

All i see is sour grapes and a whole lot of excuses coming from the South America crowd

Using 2020 Italy as an example of a pure euro squad, tell me more!!

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Usa vs Iran

Beat them on the field. Show them the West is superior. Done hearing about it.

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    You sure didn't chose your name at random
    Not sure what this means but its a great thing Argentina is finally shedding its racist past

Thread Information