Page 30 of 141 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Germany vs Spain 1:1

Germany will have win vs Costa Rica and hope for the best.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Hmmm.... how about last WC?

Veteran
    Post Count
    Germany looks terrible, couldn't believe the poor decision making and lack of urgency

Spain are good but i can't stand them, they should have picked up at least 3 more yellows today from dirty plays

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Germany looks terrible, couldn't believe the poor decision making and lack of urgency

Spain are good but i can't stand them, they should have picked up at least 3 more yellows today from dirty plays
    Did we watch the same game? I think not...

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Germany vs Spain 1:1

Germany will have win vs Costa Rica and hope for the best.
    If Germany beats Costa Rica they'll have 4 points, the only scenario that would really screw them is if Japan beats Spain, which would have them tie with Spain for 2nd place but much worse goal differential (Spain would be +6 if they lose by one only goal). Highly unlikely, though. They need to beat Costa Rica by 2 if Spain and Japan tie, and by any difference if Spain beats Japan. Those are the more likely outcomes.

Veteran
    Post Count
    Germany botched multiple attacks with poor decisions, they were 10 minutes away from elimination and walking into free kicks and corners..

In the first half two times Spanish players tripped Germans from the floor, and another kicked a player in a dead ball situation, those are dirty plays in any sport

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Germany botched multiple attacks with poor decisions, they were 10 minutes away from elimination and walking into free kicks and corners..

In the first half two times Spanish players tripped Germans from the floor, and another kicked a player in a dead ball situation, those are dirty plays in any sport
    Aside from a slow start, Germany played in equal terms with one of the best teams in the WC, could have been up if not by a hair of an offside, found themselves behind, didn't lose composure and outplayed Spain for stretches, equalized and maybe could have won. Saying they didn't play with a sense of urgency is completely misleading, they didn't lose their composure in a typical German way, like us Latin Americans usually do when desperation creeps in. This match was a good showing from a Germany that couldn't have started any worse. Now they just need to beat Costa Rica and allow fate to take its natural course with Japan not beating Spain, and that's it, they're through to the next round, where Croatia will be their likely rival. I'll put my money on the Germans going through, and advancing over Croatia.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Morata with a goal from the bench to put Spain 1:0, but Germany makes a goal to keep the team alive in World Cup. I don’t remember Germany going out so early.
    Mmh what? Remember the last World Cup?

Dumbass Japan. I can’t believe the Japanese had the audacity to bench two of their three most talented players in favour of MLS level quality players.

you just don’t underestimate anyone.

Tomiyasu DNP

My Team
    AC Milan
    Post Count
    It's ok Esteban, you still have the best cartels in America, tbh

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Danilo's injured and out for at least the remainder of the group stage. 40 year old Pepe's getting the start

Personally, i would have gone with 19 year old Benfica CB Antonio Silva but anything that keeps Danilo on the bench is a win in my book

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Danilo should never play CB anyway

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Serbia was in a group with Brazil, Switzerland and Costa Rica in 2018. Only change 4 years later is Cameroon for Costa Rica. Brazil also won 2:0.

It was strange to see Piksi’s team park the bus, against Brazil, but I guess the smart thing was to avoid a possible goleada. It will be interesting to see if things go better this time and the team qualifies for the knockout stage.

Last time Brazil and Switzerland passed trough.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    I'm expecting Brazil let down
    Uruguay is due can Portugal pull off the draw
    Draw & Ghana

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    If Germany beats Costa Rica they'll have 4 points, the only scenario that would really screw them is if Japan beats Spain, which would have them tie with Spain for 2nd place but much worse goal differential (Spain would be +6 if they lose by one only goal). Highly unlikely, though. They need to beat Costa Rica by 2 if Spain and Japan tie, and by any difference if Spain beats Japan. Those are the more likely outcomes.
    A part from Luis Enrique, Spain doesn’t have a strong leader on the field. The team plays well, but maybe misses someone like Íker or Sergio. Then one isn’t sure what the final result will be. There’s ball dominance, but . . . well true to be said there wasn’t sense of urgency, winning against Japan, Spain will be first in group anyways.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Polska went to Middle East and Won

Crusaders Unite!

DUES VULT

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    SLAVICS strike again

Serbia entered chat

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    They still have creative players tho, Vini, Paqueta, Antony
    Yes exactly... Brazil is less dependent of Neymar for a while now

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Argentina vs Polska

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    So far, Cameroon vs Serbia 3:3

Not a great result for either team.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    3-3

Game of the day

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Cameroon vs Serbia 3:3

Unfortunately Serbian side has no laterals, trying to play with 3 center backs didn’t work well in a 3:4:2:1 formation. Also the best forwards are center forwards only, and Mitrovic seems to be in best form. Enough talent to qualify, but maybe not good enough to pass the group phase. Only a win against Switzerland, that left Italy out, is good and still hoping for the best.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Serbia a dark horse my ass

Thread Information