View Poll Results: Bama at Texas. Who wins and by how much?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bama by 10

0 0%
  • Bama by 15

2 66.67%
  • Bama by 20

1 33.33%
  • Bama by 20+

0 0%
  • Texas wins

0 0%
  • Texas by 5+

0 0%
  • Texas by 10+

0 0%
  • I smoke crack, Texas by 20+

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    lol

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    Oh ok. I guess you take the two bad punts with the two stellar punts and you get an average punter huh
    his first two punts sucked....under 40 yds each. After that, he was strong the rest of the game. I guess he needed a few reps to get going.

Or the safety that should have been called.
    on the play that should have been a safety, why was it not? He never got the ball out of the end zone.
    Incomplete pass batted down.

No rule that says the pass attempt must clear the end zone.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Incomplete pass batted down.

No rule that says the pass attempt must clear the end zone.
    The rule is that you have to be out from between the tackles. I think he was clearly grabbed before he got rolled out from between the tackles and was desperate to avoid the sack.

Should have been intentional grounding, should have been a safety.

Very bad call, imo.
    Last edited by Blake; 09-10-2022 at 10:42 PM.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Post Count
    The rule is that you have to be out from between the tackles. I think he was clearly grabbed before he got rolled out from between the tackles and was desperate to avoid the sack.

Very bad call, imo.
    The officiating the whole game was god awful. I rarely complain about officiating because it's never perfect and bad calls usually balance out at least to an acceptable degree but this game was bull .

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I believe that i saw young's shin was down before he coughed up intentional grounding

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count

Should have been intentional grounding, should have been a safety.

Very bad call, imo.
    That play pisses me off. However, there was a bit of explanation this morning. Apparently when he through the ball, two things happened. One, it hit a Texas defender's helmet, thus making it a batted pass. Two, there was a RB in the vicinity of the goal line, negating intentional grounding. Now, if these two points are the case, I am ok with the call. However, the refs first messed up with the flag and initial call. Then, when they reviewed it and corrected the call, they botched that explanation too.

I felt he was in the grasp, since they are trying to protect QBs from unnecessary hits. Inconsistencies like this are what confuse DCs and their players. In this case, they let the play go and then tried to call Texas for a BS targeting call.

Still aside from that jacked up play.....the refs still missed a PI in the end zone on 3rd down that would have given Texas 1st and goal at the 2 yd line with Ewers in and not having to settle for that first fg. They missed another PI that would have put Texas around the Bama 40 and 1st and 10. On the last FG drive, they missed a facemask. Texas would have had 1st and goal around the 3 or 4. These no calls directly impacted the game and the scoring. Texas did get away with either a PI or a hold that cost Alabama.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ewers out 4-6 weeks

fml

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Well, that sucked.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ewers out 4-6 weeks

fml
    . I was hoping it wouldn't be that bad and he'd be back by the RRS. Not looking likely

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    thankfully no d-line the rest of the season will be anything close to bamas, so this is bijans opportunity to show what hes made of.

also none of these next 3 opponents have good defenses, so even with card, it would be pretty disappointing to lose any of them.

but id be completely shocked if ewers isnt back by rrs. im betting they gave an overestimate to keep OU in the dark

Post Count
    thankfully no d-line the rest of the season will be anything close to bamas, so this is bijans opportunity to show what hes made of.

also none of these next 3 opponents have good defenses, so even with card, it would be pretty disappointing to lose any of them.

but id be completely shocked if ewers isnt back by rrs. im betting they gave an overestimate to keep OU in the dark
    If Texas doesn’t have a serviceable QB (Card hasn’t proven to be one) then defenses are going to load the box and make life tough for any Texas RB.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    If Texas doesn’t have a serviceable QB (Card hasn’t proven to be one) then defenses are going to load the box and make life tough for any Texas RB.
    The plus is that Texas has really good WRs that should be able to get open on easy outs and slants for any QB, even if it's 3rd string

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    i saw a lot from texas and they would have won the game going away if ewers had stayed in the game. , texas would have probably won with a healthy hurd. what was most surprising was how texas won the battle of the trenches on both sides of the ball. saben can use penalties and mistakes as an excuse all day long but he knows that his team was outplayed up front and had no answer for worthy. texas looked more than SEC ready to me. too bad about ewers.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The plus is that Texas has really good WRs that should be able to get open on easy outs and slants for any QB, even if it's 3rd string
    pretty much what blake said. they dont need some high powered offense. just good enough to sustain some long drives and dominate TOP. if you're loading the box that heavily against this receiving core, any D1 QB should be able to hit some open passes here.

sheesh imagine if they were able to have neyors speed out there as well. freaking injuries.

Texas generally plays up to the big opponents and down to the Kansas' of the world.

In all the years I've seen UT football I'm not sure I've ever seen them as double digit home dogs. There's no way bama covers 17.5
    Blake called it.

You didn't vote tho.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    You don't have Bama by 5

Thread Information