View Poll Results: Was Turners sack crunch on Ewers a cheap shot?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 75.00%
  • No

1 25.00%

I say yes.

Ewers did exactly what he should have in the situation, that being chuck it away with plenty of time prior to contact.

Dallas Turner got a penalty on the play. While Ewers gets 3 months and possibly will never be the same.

Has a reporter stuck a mic in Sabans face about his play?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I say yes.

Ewers did exactly what he should have in the situation, that being chuck it away with plenty of time prior to contact.

Dallas Turner got a penalty on the play. While Ewers gets 3 months and possibly will never be the same.

Has a reporter stuck a mic in Sabans face about his play?
    by the fact that he clearly had released the ball well before the hit, yes it was incredibly dirty and stupid.

but 3 months? what reports are you reading? the longest report ive seen is 4-6 weeks, with most close to the situation saying its more like 2-3 weeks.

and i doubt theres much or any risk of him never being the same, as it thankfully wasnt on his throwing shoulder.

Ewers left his feet and that put him in a much more vulnerable position

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    literally has nothing to do with defenders obvious intentional decision to drive a defenseless player without the ball to the ground with all his weight

literally has nothing to do with defenders obvious intentional decision to drive a defenseless player without the ball to the ground with all his weight
    Diplomatic here. Neo is correct, of course it was a super cheap shot.

However as Ewers was retreating and Turner bullrushing, i said to myself exactly what rogcl1 saw, don't leave your feet Ewers and dive backwards after the throw.

Sad but true fact in todays NCAA and NFL football you have to protect against the illegal cheap shot.

I wasn't defending the hit just saying Ewers got caught in vulnerable position which magnified the results of the hit.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I wasn't defending the hit just saying Ewers got caught in vulnerable position which magnified the results of the hit.
    the question wasnt whether ewers was vulnerable. the question was if the hit was a cheap shot.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    yes duh bama duh

anything to win that's why they win

the question wasnt whether ewers was vulnerable. the question was if the hit was a cheap shot.
    But it's morphed into a dicussion of how to avoid.
    Sad but true, a QB in similar situation should run out of bounds or run in such a way that the cheap shotter can not injure.

Turner gets 15 yards.
    Ewers gets screwed out of a chance to complete a win over Bama, 6 games and possibly multiple millions of dollars.

yes duh bama duh

anything to win that's why they win
    Nope.
    Burned out of another Nat Championship by super bogus end of game non call after obvious illegal block / offensive pass interference on Clemson.

Wow, watch the prick move this Turner guy does again.
    Takes the Ole Miss QB Darts helmet off with a 180 twister facemask grap and rip. Not just a grab and off it came, but a grab then elongated twist.
    WTF!? Is this dude on roids or wth?

Super dangerous.
    Far as i can see Saban is not pulling him out of the game.

Thread Information