Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nevermind the suspension. Imagine cheating on Nia Long. Like… huh??
    They’ve reportedly been separated for a few months.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring him In

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs list of potential candidates grows

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get him now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn, he got ed, then he got ed for getting ed...

I don't mind him taking over on the Spurs, tbh, but he's going to have a 'hide yo wife' sign on his back anywhere he goes...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ime and Brown.... do it

then bring Snyder in after he takes a year off

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nevermind the suspension. Imagine cheating on Nia Long. Like… huh??
    I would agree with that comment if this was 1991. But it's not, and she's on the wrong side of 50 now. Not saying what he did was right, but she's a bit past her prime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im sure they are…my guess is he resigns?
    If he resigns or quits, he gets . He has to make it uncomfortable for Boston by saying he’s coming back next year 100%. That’ll get them to the buyout negotiations table. If you suspend a coach for a year, that relationship is dead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's bad taste. Does he get paid on suspension? This is the same suspension length as Saver

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he resigns or quits, he gets . He has to make it uncomfortable for Boston by saying he’s coming back next year 100%. That’ll get them to the buyout negotiations table. If you suspend a coach for a year, that relationship is dead.
    This is what Ime said:
    https://www.si.com/nba/2022/09/23/im...nce-suspension
    "I want to apologize to our players, fans, the entire Celtics organization, and my family for letting them down"
    "I am sorry for putting the team in this difficult situation, and I accept the team’s decision. Out of respect for everyone involved, I will have no further comment"
    I don't think Ime wants to make it a contentious issue, he knows he was at fault and he's a young coach with a long career ahead. A suspension this long is inviting him to leave avoiding further costs. and chances are after sitting on it for a while he'll take the hint and leave. If the rumors end up being true (that it was the spouse of some executive he messed with) then it was really stupid of him but he's not a criminal, and he'll bounce back.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That apology from Ime to me seems like it was 100% from the agent and probably the thing he has to say to look humble and apologetic. If he really did get it on with an owner‘s wife or whatever, then who knows, I could see him having problems finding work again; I don’t really know the inner workings of how owners deal with things, but I imagine it’s pretty petty. I agree with Ex that he needs to try to get his money, and then in a perfect world he comes to the spurs and we rehabilitate him, so to speak.

Also: I read somewhere else this morning that the rumors coming out are changing and that supposedly he made unwanted comments to a staffer. It seems insane to me that they would release this stuff a few days ago without having their story straight, unless they’re just kind of making it up as they go, with the goal of making him look bad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From Bleacher Report:

Ime Udoka allegedly made unwanted comments toward a female staffer which prompted an internal investigation.

Some Celtics staffers became aware of Udoka's relationship with the woman in July but thought it was consensual, per ShamsCharania.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So was it not consensual? I’m confused. You think Boston would have all their ducks in a row for the story if they are the one leaking it. If it was consensual then hey that’s the thrill of an office romance. It’s hot thinking about getting caught. Of course once you are caught reality slaps you in the face

If it wasn’t consensual then why tf wasn’t he fired? isn’t making sense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Udoka took the heat off of ol’ Doc I love lady boys Rivers

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    nets fire nash and bring ime in ?

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So was it not consensual? I’m confused. You think Boston would have all their ducks in a row for the story if they are the one leaking it. If it was consensual then hey that’s the thrill of an office romance. It’s hot thinking about getting caught. Of course once you are caught reality slaps you in the face

Yeah its bull . If he made unwanted advances then I support firing him. That's pretty much the standard today. Now they're trying to spin a "relationship" into "advances".

I'm not buying that .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Could be multiple women, or harramsment after relationship ended. They should definitely have fired him. 1 yr is a penny saving move. coaches dont get union protection but playing hardball with a coach is bad. They'll probably release him citing some BS “final report“ in a month

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If one was simply playing Celtics Advocate, pure speculation which is all any of us have for now....

He did try to force himself on a women. Rather then do the whole rape attempt he said she said attorneys court song n dance and 6 years if ever til a verdict is rendered.....
    It was agreed he goes away and the Ime Celtics effectively ends? That would explain his seeming sincere 'I did it and I'm sorry.'?

Pure speculation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Athletic is reporting that Ime made unwanted comments towards her:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s gotta come down here and be the coach next season. He’ll be wildly successful in San Antonio and the job will be “keeping it in the family”

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that this came out the way it did and the story is now changing shows to me I guess a lot of things, potentially: that Boston is just kind of making up as they go possibly; that Ime refused to quit and do it all behind the scenes, possibly.

I feel like this has to be ownership pushing all of this, because with every other scandal like this, the front office has every motivation to bury it to avoid media exposure and screwing up the chances for the team winning, especially since they came so close. This doesn’t feel like Adam Silvers hand at all, because if it was I think they would’ve had their lawyers all prepared with statements and something to that effect.

In a week from now I would think they will be more information and less vague leaking to the press. This has been a super boring off-season, so honestly I’m kind of intrigued by the story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s gotta come down here and be the coach next season. He’ll be wildly successful in San Antonio and the job will be “keeping it in the family”
    He’ll get better offers I bet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that this came out the way it did and the story is now changing shows to me I guess a lot of things, potentially: that Boston is just kind of making up as they go possibly; that Ime refused to quit and do it all behind the scenes, possibly.

I feel like this has to be ownership pushing all of this, because with every other scandal like this, the front office has every motivation to bury it to avoid media exposure and screwing up the chances for the team winning, especially since they came so close. This doesn’t feel like Adam Silvers hand at all, because if it was I think they would’ve had their lawyers all prepared with statements and something to that effect.

In a week from now I would think they will be more information and less vague leaking to the press. This has been a super boring off-season, so honestly I’m kind of intrigued by the story.
    Yes, something definitely doesn't add up... may be many things, among them those you mentioned, eventually more information will come out and we'll get the whole picture to make better sense of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, something definitely doesn't add up... may be many things, among them those you mentioned, eventually more information will come out and we'll get the whole picture to make better sense of it.
    https://bleacherreport.com/post/nba/...9-5084c0307754

They seem to be going to bat for the women.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ask yourself if it was a white coach and a black woman would the outcome be the same?

Thread Information