Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://theathletic.com/3617945/2022...ka-discipline/
    The second-year coach’s punishment is a result of an intimate relationship with a female member of the organization, as The Athletic first reported Thursday morning. Some members of the Celtics organization first became aware of the relationship in July, sources said. At that time, team leadership was led to believe by both parties that the relationship was consensual. But sources said that the woman recently accused Udoka of making unwanted comments toward her — leading the team to launch a set of internal interviews. The team’s decision and announcement came after a closed-door meeting Thursday that involved team owners and president Brad Stevens and lasted several hours, sources said.
    https://twitter.com/CBSSportsHQ/stat...36308457537536
    "To think that guys on the team or coaches can just walk back on the court and everything is fine is not the way it is."

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m cynical. The fact that they didn’t just fire him because I guess they want to save money unfortunately makes me cast doubt on what the really happened. Just totally speculating once again, I wonder if it started as a consensual relationship and then something happened where they no longer got along and then things got nasty…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he ended the fling and she renagged….

He was rumoured to be on break with long term fiancé Nia Long who was on record saying they were never going to marry. A few weeks ago she decided to move to Boston long term.

I’m not ready to crucify the dude just yet/

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Gotta be more to this story as many have said. If it’s that bad fire him based off violation of team rules but don’t disclose why. For the woman he interacted with his firing is more than enough plus you put out corporate wide training on sexual harassment and resend the code of conduct.
    Yes the press and internet would speculate but that press or today was a farce.
    The owner was acting as though it wasn’t that big a deal but Steven’s face looked like he had listened to multiple women describe Udoka as a sexual predator. Unless Udoka wouldn’t play ball a resignation/settlement with no press conference just introducing the new head coach would have been better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci20GCgJtYR/
    “after finding out the details” (regarding the situation involving Ime Udoka in Boston), it’s “deep, it’s messy and it’s 100 times uglier than any of us thought”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not ready to crucify the dude just yet
    Me neither, but I'm holding judgment until we know enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matt Barnes is damn connected and not a your typical media . He thinks before he speaks and understands what sources mean.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Listened to that.
    Wow.
    This does not sound good. Surely more will be coming out at some point.
    This is not going to remain a secret, IMO.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Matt Barnes is damn connected and not a your typical media . He thinks before he speaks and understands what sources mean.
    Yup and he has no reason to trash Udoka and defended him initially…
    But if it was Derek Fisher …

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup and he has no reason to trash Udoka and defended him initially…
    But if it was Derek Fisher …
    haha 0.04 STILLLL HURTS so maybe the reason I rock with Barnes heavy is subconscious but I do trust his journalistic approach.

Playing devil’s advocate he may just be trynna slide into Nia Long’s DMs cause he has a list of baddies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And to think if Will Hardy stuck around he may be the head coach of the next NBA Champions right now.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And to think if Will Hardy stuck around he may be the head coach of the next NBA Champions right now.
    Celtics not winning the le especially after all this?!
    And the Jaylen Brown rumors?!
    They will be hood in regular season but fizzle out com playoffs bet on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Celts were overrated to begin with. Tatum/Brown is a nice combo but they are simply a solid team in a strong conference.

Warriors played with them when it counted like a cat with a mouse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’ve reportedly been separated for a few months.

Well this makes even less sense then. Suspended for a year for dating a co-worker? Give me a break.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well this makes even less sense then. Suspended for a year for dating a co-worker? Give me a break.
    There are more, albeit unconfirmed, rumors flying around. He might've been hooking up with more than one employee. One of them may be pregnant. And the latest rumors are even question the consensual part of the original report.

There seems to be a little more to this than Ime just dating a co-worker.

The Celtics hired an independent law firm to sort this mess out. Suffice to say that their final report would make for an interesting read.
    Last edited by lefty20; 09-23-2022 at 04:34 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys, how will this effect Coach Pop’s legacy? Last June, part of Ime’s success in making it to the finals was attributed to PATFO… atleast on this board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barnes IG post, if his inside info is to be believed, further muddies the punishment that was meted. If it’s that “messy” why stop at suspending Udoka as opposed to outright termination. The other person must’ve had committed violations at some point in the sequence. The balance of offense was still tilted towards coach, but the other party had no clean hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ask yourself if it was a white coach and a black woman would the outcome be the same?
    White coach would get it worse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he ended the fling and she renagged….

He was rumoured to be on break with long term fiancé Nia Long who was on record saying they were never going to marry. A few weeks ago she decided to move to Boston long term.

I’m not ready to crucify the dude just yet/
    Where was she living before? Why did she move to Boston if they were never going to marry (I am guessing it was for the kids if they weren't together anymore)? Makes no sense to me. I am going to hold of saying anything bad about him. Need a lot more details. When I first read this, didn't want him back in SA, but if it isn't as bad as they're making it out to be, definitely would like him back with the Spurs as HC.

Celtics not winning the le especially after all this?!
    And the Jaylen Brown rumors?!
    They will be hood in regular season but fizzle out com playoffs bet on it.
    What are the Jaylen Brown rumors?
    Last edited by Ice009; 09-23-2022 at 09:21 PM.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My issue is how the Celtics are handling this. (Ime most definitely did screw up, but to what extent is hard to say yet.) Brad Stevens seemed very sincere in the press conference, and I don’t know all the twitter trolling about female staffers, but what do you expect when there is a supposed consensual relationship and Ime is the one getting unilaterally dragged by the organization? And they keep mentioning “unwanted comments” by Ime. Pretty vague.

Wanted comments: “Yeah, I’ll marry you!”
    Unwanted comments: “Nah, maybe let’s just move on”?
    Some people will think that. And I might be one of them.

I get it that Boston has a very problematic situation here, but they still seem to be dancing around the situation.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    matt barnes: "i'm part of the media but i'm not trying to be like everyone else. i heard from someone who knew all the details ... but lemme not tell any of you any of it [like the rest of the 'media']."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://blacksportsonline.com/2022/0...ssibly-coming/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KOmCOE72AQ

Summary:
    During the summer Ime had an affair with a married team employee, married to a Celtics VP. Both said it was consensual, the Celtics let warned them to cut it out and they did.
    Some time afterwards, some actions on the part of Ime caused said woman to report it and an investigation was called. Supposedly results came that Ime was having MULTIPLE affairs with married women that worked for the Celtics, one of which is POTENTIALLY with child.
    The Celtics tried to keep it in house but the VP threatened to sue the Celtics and go public with all the evidence. They're trying to reach settlements.

https://twitter.com/PerSources/statu...87922248335364
    Source: I have been told it is Kathleen Lynch. Can't 100% confirm it yet but she has disabled her LinkedIn profile. Her husband reported it to the Celtics organization
    https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/...15284772147203
    Ime Udoka greeting Kathleen Lynch after winning eastern conference championship (video)
    https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/...68795940995079
    Celtics told him to stop on at least one occasion, Ime Udoka did not take the organizations advice
    VP's wife:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is getting juicy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol. This is great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FWIW and consider the source is stain Matt Barnes:

"Last night, without knowing all the facts, I spoke in Ime Udoka's defense," Barnes said in the video. "After finding out the facts, I erased what I posted. This situation in Boston is deep. It's messy. It's 100 times uglier than any of us thought...Some things happened that I can't condone, and I can't back."

Thread Information