Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't come back to lead a group after a 1 year suspension. Incredible turn of events... I understand the concerns, the legal implications and the times, but if this was a consensual relationship between two adults with nothing else going on, it may be a bit too harsh on Ime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harsh but he already knew what time is was when he signed his deal. Hopefully the chick(s) were hot.

We need a coach… Hmmmmm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't come back to lead a group after a 1 year suspension. Incredible turn of events... I understand the concerns, the legal implications and the times, but if this was a consensual relationship between two adults with nothing else going on, it may be a bit too harsh on Ime.
    This is pretty standard in most business though. Upper management or people in positions of power should not be ing their subordinates. This doesn't just apply to the NBA but really any professional setting imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jefferson dropping truth bombs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the world we live in. Give him 10 games and get back to work but at this point its money and big business and you need to extinguish this quickly and severely to manage future repercussions. celts are just hedging a future possible liability but that insurance was damn pricey.

He is going to rebound no problem.

Righteous PATFO should reach out and preach anout atonement and forgiveness and make him a good ol boy again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard speculation that he was ing an executive VPs wife if true I can see why they suspended him for a year. definitely seems heavy handed but that's why you don't where you eat tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WOW! This was shocking news yesterday, but to hear that this involves an "improper relation with a female staffer," is a BIG shock! Oh WOW! Will Nia Long stand by her man, or is it so long, Ime? Maybe he can clear his name? I think Boston may let him go, if true, and his coaching career could be in jeopardy, unless PATFO takes him back later as an assistant again to give him a hand up. But this is not good for the Pop coaching tree right now. Sad to hear.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be pretty empty in the office if it would be handled like that in our company. Ok, if he ed the wife of another executive, than it‘s understandable, otherwise…

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, there had to be some sort of political game going on here. As it was consensual but he was having an affair and she was about to sue maybe, or yeah, he was ing someone up the ladder, so to speak. Crazy. It had to be a problem with ownership because why would they up their chance to ring? A GM would definitely bury that to try and win a le. Weird.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WOW! This was shocking news yesterday, but to hear that this involves an "improper relation with a female staffer," is a BIG shock! Oh WOW! Will Nia Long stand by her man, or is it so long, Ime? Maybe he can clear his name? I think Boston may let him go, if true, and his coaching career could be in jeopardy, unless PATFO takes him back later as an assistant again to give him a hand up. But this is not good for the Pop coaching tree right now. Sad to hear.
    hahahah oh man. PATFO to the rescue!!!! I hope this is sarcasm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, there had to be some sort of political game going on here. As it was consensual but he was having an affair and she was about to sue maybe, or yeah, he was ing someone up the ladder, so to speak. Crazy. It had to be a problem with ownership because why would they up their chance to ring? A GM would definitely bury that to try and win a le. Weird.
    Per Stephen A Smith’s rant this afternoon on ESPN it’s because he is a brother.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happens all the time........rarely called out

My takeaway: Don't stick your in the cash register

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess they got rid of Becky so he could not her !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SAS with the reasoned take as usual. Having said that, Boston is usually known as the most racist city in the country historically, and yeah, if he slept with a white woman who is married to an owner or something like that, then yeah I could see that causing this, and the one year suspension would be a way to fire him without firing him.

But I have no idea about the details and I’m just totally throwing out random speculations because that’s what we do online.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yes his skin color because his blood is red like everyone

Blacks everything is about color of skin
    Did Stephen ever think he was hired only because he was a brother

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SAS with the reasoned take as usual. Having said that, Boston is usually known as the most racist city in the country historically, and yeah, if he slept with a white woman who is married to an owner or something like that, then yeah I could see that causing this, and the one year suspension would be a way to fire him without firing him.

But I have no idea about the details and I’m just totally throwing out random speculations because that’s what we do online.
    Didn't want to say that as I am not an American, but that's about the first thing that crossed my mind (that either such was the case, or that it could be presented as such even if it wasn't)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be great to bring him in after the year when hopefully the old man is gone tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taking advice From TP might not have been the most wisest of choices.

I'm sorry! I had to yall !!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is definitely a weird situation the more you think about it. Should the woman get suspended also? If she was his subordinate then perhaps not. But it’s open to debate, such as why her iden y is shielded. It really paints him as a perpetrator, and I guess if he was her boss then it is to some degree for sure but not completely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should quit. One year? For a consensual affair? Good luck finding another coach.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yes his skin color because his blood is red like everyone

Blacks everything is about color of skin
    Did Stephen ever think he was hired only because he was a brother
    Shut the up you racist piece of .
    Last edited by BacktoBasics; 09-22-2022 at 02:45 PM.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is definitely a weird situation the more you think about it. Should the woman get suspended also? If she was his subordinate then perhaps not. But it’s open to debate, such as why her iden y is shielded. It really paints him as a perpetrator, and I guess if he was her boss then it is to some degree for sure but not completely.
    That’s exactly what it does. Deliberately leaving her name out suggests she’s a victim. The talk of suspension basically implies that he coerced or leveraged her in some way and to a degree criminalizes the act.

The only thing the two did wrong was possibly not informing the team of the relationship. Not like it’s any of their business anyway. The whole idea that a business can ban consensual relationships is absurdity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s exactly what it does. Deliberately leaving her name out suggests she’s a victim. The talk of suspension basically implies that he coerced or leveraged her in some way and to a degree criminalizes the act.

The only thing the two did wrong was possibly not informing the team of the relationship. Not like it’s any of their business anyway. The whole idea that a business can ban consensual relationships is absurdity.
    Cheerleaders have been barred from fking the players for years. I don’t care for this likely decision to suspend him for a year but there is precedence both explicit in contractual agreements and implicit in corporate culture not to play this way because it might get back to you. Ime took a chance and is paying the price.

Celts are getting ahead of the risk of future backlash and probably more importantly, financial liability.

Ime will rebound fine so long as it was consensual.

The Spurs should be gearing up to do their due diligence on the situation and make him an offer if it check out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn’t matter if it’s consensual. I mean it does, because it’s way worse if it’s not, but just it being consensual is not enough to make it harmless. Especially with all the emphasis on nba workplace environments with Rosas, Sarver and Mavs.

Imagine being a Celtics employee and thinking you didn’t get a job over who he slept with because she was sleeping with him? Or that you know of the inappropriate relationship but can’t say anything out of fear of retaliation. Or thinking that’s the culture if you want to get in good/move up.

Lots of issues and sucks because Ime obviously isn’t Sarver; just a really poor decision in an environment that no longer tolerates that.

Thread Information