Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are literally the worse roster in the league no doubt about it .

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you break it down, the ddr and lma team could have been good. Murray does his acl. Morris back stabs. Carroll never plays a meaningful minute the moment he signs. Gasol breaks a foot and essentially retires. LMA just quit on his last year of his contract to chase a ring, retires due to heart condition then comes back anyway.

A lot went wrong for the spurs that directly followed the Leonard saga.

That team’s ceiling was a 6 seed, at best. It was obvious the spurs were going nowhere after how they lost that nuggets series. Should’ve blown the team up at that point rather than doubling down on the horrible DDR trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That team’s ceiling was a 6 seed, at best. It was obvious the spurs were going nowhere after how they lost that nuggets series. Should’ve blown the team up at that point rather than doubling down on the horrible DDR trade.
    to be fair, they lost that nuggets series in a year that dejounte missed with a torn acl, so they might have expected his return/improvement to lift the team further. but with an aging aldridge and a clearly questionable fit between murray/derozan... that wasnt a wise choice. they were too slow to move off of aldridge to the point where we had to waive him. and we almost were too slow on moving derozan but lucked out with a strong S&T opportunity that we did capitalize on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lotta talk about tank, no tank, ITT. No talk about the injury itself?

I'm slightly concerned tbh. Dislocations can be nasty and bothersome, especially on an articulation as important to basketball as the shoulder (I read online that it's his shooting shoulder, at that, but IDK if it's true). What are other previous cases of shoulder dislocation in NBA players? Did the injury linger on those players, or was it not re-occurring? Obviously a lot depends on how each body type heals and stuff, but I was hoping for a more analytical breakdown with past examples, just to know what we can expect moving forward.

I'm calling upon the analytics mastermind Dejounte on this beautiful day....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ it was his right shoulder so yes his shooting arm.

Kevin Love is an example of someone who had that linger and eventually had to have surgery.

Kanter played through one in the playoffs a few years ago. They vary in terms of severity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ it was his right shoulder so yes his shooting arm.

Kevin Love is an example of someone who had that linger and eventually had to have surgery.

Kanter played through one in the playoffs a few years ago. They vary in terms of severity.
    Sucks to hear and pretty much what I imagined. We'll have to wait and see if and how much it impacts his game during the season.

If nothing else, I'm less excited about seeing him dunk vigorously as he loves to do. Stick to layups, Biggie!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sucks to hear and pretty much what I imagined. We'll have to wait and see if and how much it impacts his game during the season.

If nothing else, I'm less excited about seeing him dunk vigorously as he loves to do. Stick to layups, Biggie!
    I trust our medical staff. No brainer to be overly cautious with your best player this year. Everyone wins.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Z. Collins had a bad shoulder injury had to have surgery and was out 5 months that happened in 2019. So the thing with shoulder injuries they can happen again as far as the shoulder popping out. Also Keldon is very physical so he definitely needs all the time to heal up or it’s going to pop out again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there go our championship hopes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speculation on my part because of my own experience with a shoulder injury, but without surgery the muscles and ligaments can heal to a point--but the propensity for additonal later repeat injuries is always there. Put him into a scrum over a rebound in a game with someone like a Shaq who has enormous advantages in weight and strength and the possibility of a repeat is obvious. It would be interesting to learn exactly how it happened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Keldon can’t add a few more elements to his game these next two years such as being a solid defender or true goto scorer he hopefully gets moved for a haul that is probably less than DJ but more than D White.

train em up and ship em out till we have a few legit possible cornerstones.
    Great point. I suggest the three elements he needs to add are: 1. Height (minimum of 3 inches) 2. Speed (enough added reaction time and physical lateral speed to become an adequate defender) and 3. BB IQ. (He has improved his inclination to drive into defended space somewhat but still doesn't see the court and teammates well enough)

That should do it. He can work on those while he rehabs, eh?

Thread Information