Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The big cancer is progressivism and progressivist ideology.
    Is it tho?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has to be related to Avante simply due to being wrong so often aka football.
    Mason's little bro

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You thought you had a child with a black woman.
    Abortion and interracial procreation have been around for centuries. I wouldn't call it progressivism.

Just because you don't believe in a sky guy creator thing or whatever doesn't mean you have to be a progressive or a progressivist.

I'm talking about the dystopian stuff the New Left ships, the stuff that is often reflected in dystopian sci-fi and horror movies. The New Left champions that stuff.

BigTech needs to be stopped. BigPharma needs to be broken up and regulated the way Standard Oil was in the 1910s.

20-30%+ of the civilized world's population cannot be androgynous, trans, gay, bi, , whatever. That's just not realistically in line with biology. Also, one must be 18 and out of high school to get any sex change surgery or other sex change medical treatment such as hormones. That should be common sense federal law. Gays and hermaphrodites were OK when they were a teeny tiny minority, but these days it's gotten way out of hand. That said, I do believe that legally, any two consenting adults, regardless of gender or even if they're related should be allowed to get married, but there should be a required 7 year moratorium between legal marriages in order to prevent people from scamming the system.

Vegans.... people eating bugs for animal protein instead of actual animal meat? Definitely a champion ideology of the Radical Left. If a world exists when the only choices in a dinner entree are "impossible" meat and insect-based meat, I don't want to live in it.

It's one thing to be avid in recycling, reducing deforestation and reforesting, minimalizing pollution as much as possible and avoiding water pollution, which are all good practices. It's another thing to be climate jihadists and force middle-class people to greatly reduce their quality of life and literally be uncomfortable all for the sake of muh global warming. The eco-fascism, Green New Deal bullcrap needs to go the way of the dodo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abortion and interracial procreation have been around for centuries. I wouldn't call it progressivism.

Just because you don't believe in a sky guy creator thing or whatever doesn't mean you have to be a progressive or a progressivist.

I'm talking about the dystopian stuff the New Left ships, the stuff that is often reflected in dystopian sci-fi and horror movies. The New Left champions that stuff.

BigTech needs to be stopped. BigPharma needs to be broken up and regulated the way Standard Oil was in the 1910s.

20-30%+ of the civilized world's population cannot be androgynous, trans, gay, bi, , whatever. That's just not realistically in line with biology. Also, one must be 18 and out of high school to get any sex change surgery or other sex change medical treatment such as hormones. That should be common sense federal law. Gays and hermaphrodites were OK when they were a teeny tiny minority, but these days it's gotten way out of hand. That said, I do believe that legally, any two consenting adults, regardless of gender or even if they're related should be allowed to get married, but there should be a required 7 year moratorium between legal marriages in order to prevent people from scamming the system.

Vegans.... people eating bugs for animal protein instead of actual animal meat? Definitely a champion ideology of the Radical Left. If a world exists when the only choices in a dinner entree are "impossible" meat and insect-based meat, I don't want to live in it.

It's one thing to be avid in recycling, reducing deforestation and reforesting, minimalizing pollution as much as possible and avoiding water pollution, which are all good practices. It's another thing to be climate jihadists and force middle-class people to greatly reduce their quality of life and literally be uncomfortable all for the sake of muh global warming. The eco-fascism, Green New Deal bullcrap needs to go the way of the dodo.
    But this is the problem: not one of the things you listed that are actually personal choices affect you in any conceivable way. They're options available to every individual, and you're not forced or coerced into doing any of them.
    Yet you will still put your moral thumb on other people telling them how they have to live, what's right or wrong and forcing that into them via big bad government mandate if needed.

IMHO, this is the central disconnect of conservatives. At least the church has learned over time to, very slowly, try to tune the message to more modern times, and yet they're as irrelevant as they've ever been.
    If you're not willing to change some stances, you're headed the same way. Like it or not, a lot of society has moved on.
    As I mentioned in another post, almost every fortune company has a DEI department now, and when you walk in mocking diversity or inclusion, you just look like a racist, idiot and/or dinosaur.

FYI, don't get mad at me, I'm just the messenger...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll just blame Biden and GOP voters will buy it.
    I'm not talking about the poorly educated GOP voters, I'm talking about the GOP's billionaire sugar daddies who would lose a ton of money and thus stop funding the GOP.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

I think you're calling anything progressive "progressivism" and throwing the baby out with the bathwater. The world needs to progress. I think tolerance of "none of your business" stuff is a good path to take. You know, some drugs, abortion, teaching kids how really happened instead of how the winners wanted to write it. If that offends you then you're holding on to something you don't even own.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the US were to default on its debt it would be the Great Depression on steroids, it wouldn't just be a fall in stock prices and home values.
    I'd love to see it

The USA needs a nice big kick in the ass. This would solve more problems and be less problematic long term than a nuke imo. Financial fallout could take years to recover from; radioactive fallout, centuries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But this is the problem: not one of the things you listed that are actually personal choices affect you in any conceivable way. They're options available to every individual, and you're not forced or coerced into doing any of them.
    Yet you will still put your moral thumb on other people telling them how they have to live, what's right or wrong and forcing that into them via big bad government mandate if needed.

IMHO, this is the central disconnect of conservatives. At least the church has learned over time to, very slowly, try to tune the message to more modern times, and yet they're as irrelevant as they've ever been.
    If you're not willing to change some stances, you're headed the same way. Like it or not, a lot of society has moved on.
    As I mentioned in another post, almost every fortune company has a DEI department now, and when you walk in mocking diversity or inclusion, you just look like a racist, idiot and/or dinosaur.

FYI, don't get mad at me, I'm just the messenger...
    what about getting kicked out of basic grocery stores like HEB and Walmart in 2020 for refusal to wear a mask, and getting told they'll have you arrested if you try and come back? What about getting blacklisted from certain careers over a personal choice not to get your body violated with a questionable "vaccine"?

The Democrats are absolutely the party of authoritarianism, not personal freedom. Abortion is one minor personal freedom compared to all the rest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what about getting kicked out of basic grocery stores like HEB and Walmart in 2020 for refusal to wear a mask, and getting told they'll have you arrested if you try and come back? What about getting blacklisted from certain careers over a personal choice not to get your body violated with a questionable "vaccine"?
    Your ire seems to be misplaced. Sorry you don't like the policies of private employers to keep their workers and customers safe during an epochal pandemic.

Describing capitalism and calling it communism seems to be a common theme in the herd of libertarian freethinkers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your ire seems to be misplaced. Sorry you don't like the policies of private employers to keep their workers and customers safe during an epochal pandemic.

Describing capitalism and calling it communism seems to be a common theme in the herd of libertarian freethinkers.
    Crony corporate capitalism vs. protected compe ion, that's the difference.

The most important thing is protecting the ordinary man, the average consumer. There should be a Consumer Protection Act against big business. If there's no reasonable alternatives to big business, they should be forcibly broken up like Standard Oil a century ago. Because monopoly / oligopoly big business is equally as horrid as monopoly big government.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately, this ^^^ whole anti-science position in the GOP is also part of becoming irrelevant and seen as dinosaurs. It's an unforced error.

Echoing what Wino mentioned, you always had the "personal freedom" not to go to these stores (which, BTW, are private companies following CDC guidance, not mandates, in order to protect the non-dumb portion of their employees and customers), and let them know with your wallet how you felt.
    The problem is that you weirdos are such a small minority, it doesn't matter.

As far as vaccination requirements, not new at all, and that includes GOP administrations requiring the same. You'll have to back up there was anything "questionable" about the vaccines, but you won't, because there isn't. They underwent the same human trials as any other vaccines, the only fast tracking had to do with bringing them to market quicker. And they worked and continue to work ing great.

The Democrats are absolutely the party of authoritarianism, not personal freedom. Abortion is one minor personal freedom compared to all the rest.
    You couldn't be more wrong. Heck, there was an election right smack in the middle of the pandemic and the US population clearly thought Democrats were the adults in the room.
    Said election went on to show that the GOP doesn't think Democracy is working for them anymore and literal Authoritarianism is the way forward. Really troubling and another unforced error.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The most important thing is protecting the ordinary man, the average consumer. There should be a Consumer Protection Act against big business. If there's no reasonable alternatives to big business, they should be forcibly broken up like Standard Oil a century ago. Because monopoly / oligopoly big business is equally as horrid as monopoly big government.
    Both parties love crony corporate capitalism. It pays the political bills. Hardly an exclusive of the Democratic party. Heck, one would argue it's at the root of the GOP and one of the few reasons they can still win an election here and there.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

Capitalism's foundation is the ability to own and control your market. You go into a private market, you abide by their rules. Take it up with them by not spending money there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Valid an rust laws already exist, all that has been lacking is the political will to use them to rein in the big bullies -- but don't guess that's what you have in mind.

Face it, US states and cities did the political heavy lifting on public health policy during the SARS2 outbreak, following the advice of Trump's CDC. Describing masking as a policy conceived and executed by Democrats is flat wrong. Same goes for the circuit breaker remain in place orders and social distancing, Republican and Dem states issued them on the advice of the CDC. All that was based on the pandemic playbook that GWB wrote in 2005.

https://georgewbush-whitehouse.archi...mentation.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Face it, US states and cities did the political heavy lifting on public health policy during the SARS2 outbreak, following the advice of Trump's CDC. Describing masking as a policy conceived and executed by Democrats is flat wrong. Same goes for the circuit breaker remain in place orders and social distancing, Republican and Dem states issued them on the advice of the CDC. All that was based on the pandemic playbook that GWB wrote in 2005.

https://georgewbush-whitehouse.archi...mentation.html
    To tie this back somewhat to the topic, DeSantis's repudiation of vaccines and public health policy in Florida make him and Florida distinctive. Not least as a deadlier place to live since vaccines became available.

“Registered Republicans in Florida and Ohio had higher excess death rates than registered Democrats, driven by a large mortality gap in the period after all adults were eligible for vaccines,” according to a paper published last month by the National Bureau of Economic Research. The excess death rate was 76 percent higher among Republicans than Democrats. "The gap in excess death rates between Republicans and Democrats is concentrated in counties with low vaccination rates and only materializes after vaccines became widely available."

The mortality gap actually grew after vaccines became available. That’s in contrast to past outbreaks.
    https://www.governing.com/now/vaccin...other-diseases

https://www.nber.org/papers/w30512

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To tie this back somewhat to the topic, DeSantis's repudiation of vaccines and public health policy in Florida make him and Florida distinctive. Not least as a deadlier place to live since vaccines became available.

https://www.governing.com/now/vaccin...other-diseases

https://www.nber.org/papers/w30512
    It makes Florida the greatest state left by far in the USA despite its horrid weather. Also, it makes DeSantis WAY superior to Trump, since Trump in 2020 consistently supported the CDC crap mask guidance, passed the covid stimulus crap, and pushed operation warp speed and told sheeple to get vaccinated.

DeSantis would have enlisted the national guard to squelch the antifa riots of summer 2020. Trump didn't. He showed weakness. Ergo he got defeated by a mummified zombie and, embarrassingly, became a one-term president.

Trump is a golden turd. DeSantis is the shining city on the hill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It makes Florida the greatest state left by far in the USA despite its horrid weather. Also, it makes DeSantis WAY superior to Trump, since Trump in 2020 consistently supported the CDC crap mask guidance, passed the covid stimulus crap, and pushed operation warp speed and told sheeple to get vaccinated.

DeSantis would have enlisted the national guard to squelch the antifa riots of summer 2020. Trump didn't. He showed weakness. Ergo he got defeated by a mummified zombie and, embarrassingly, became a one-term president.

Trump is a golden turd. DeSantis is the shining city on the hill.
    Thanks for underscoring my point that DeSantis is more dangerous than Trump and a worse fascist. Little to love there besides spite for Floridians who don't vote for him and using state power to stifle critics and punish political opponents. Also, relentless ooga booga and scapegoating of lgtb.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for underscoring my point that DeSantis is more dangerous than Trump and a worse fascist. Little to love there besides spite for Floridians who don't vote for him and using state power to stifle critics and punish political opponents. Also, relentless ooga booga and scapegoating of lgtb.
    If it weren't for the putrid climate that my body can't tolerate (plus hurricanes!), I would have 3 houses in Florida already. I just can't tolerate that kind of climate. It stuffs up my nose, wrecks my appe e, leaves me with ugly orange skin that lasts 2+ weeks, ruins my sleep cycle, and makes me feel generally sick and malaise ridden. Which is why I spend my summer and most of the fall fighting losing battles for Tim Michels, Tudor Dixon and JR Majewski instead of hanging out with the great one Ron DeSantis.

DeSantis will be the GOAT leader ever. Trump was just the gateway drug.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The party of health codes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my mother never drank and quit smoking when she got pregnant with me. Unless you think campbell's chicken soup is poison... dumb meme.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it weren't for the putrid climate that my body can't tolerate (plus hurricanes!), I would have 3 houses in Florida already. I just can't tolerate that kind of climate. It stuffs up my nose, wrecks my appe e, leaves me with ugly orange skin that lasts 2+ weeks, ruins my sleep cycle, and makes me feel generally sick and malaise ridden. Which is why I spend my summer and most of the fall fighting losing battles for Tim Michels, Tudor Dixon and JR Majewski instead of hanging out with the great one Ron DeSantis.

DeSantis will be the GOAT leader ever. Trump was just the gateway drug.
    Unfortunately for his national prospects DeSantis is approximately as charismatic as a bag of wet hair. He's probably also too short to be elected president. More negatives than Trump and fewer positives, I'd say.

Thread Information