Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he ain't wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. But he clearly has an inflated sense of self if he thinks he became irrelevant here. He was traded here precisely because he was irrelevant in Toronto.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy that confirmed DDR was a playoff cancer/fraud and destroyed the Spurs all in one calender year.
    yeah doesn’t ring a bell maybe because it doesn’t matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah doesn’t ring a bell maybe because it doesn’t matter.
    True... true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JJ Red lives in Austin? Gross. It kind of makes sense given this blatherings about various subjects.
    He used to. He lives in Brooklyn now with family.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He used to. He lives in Brooklyn now with family.
    Good. Better place for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i am a spurstalk legend i have been here since 2003.....i dont read long threads.......op creates hot topics
    Sounds like you should be able to afford a Bally's subscription then

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like you should be able to afford a Bally's subscription then
    nah, sinclair media

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's because you are irrelant, brah . Pop, Tim and Manu never had problems staying relevant, tbh.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s true, he got very little attention here while in San Antonio, just like most players in San Antonio fall under the radar, that’s not anything shocking, but it is weird that he sort of threw it out there, even though he was trying not to disrespect San Antonio, it still sort of happened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Granted, I had great games. I developed in a lot of great ways as a basketball player, but in the same token, I just felt nonexistent for those years. It wasn't like we was on TV,. There was so much to it that was a struggle. ... I just felt like I was irrelevant."
    Firstly I really hope this wasn't a verbatim quote from Derozan. Smacks of myopia. In 150 games in San Antonio, what did he have.. like 10 'great' games, and I'd bet the Spurs lost half of them.
    Hopefully this press (if it's legit) will open the eyes a bit of his die-hard adherents in the Spurs online fanbase

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was never relevant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is the mindset of every nba player yet all of u ego san antonions wont admit how boring + deterrent the city is hindering the spurs..........austin is literally 1 hour away yet u all are against the relocation to austin...........
    Only a South Texas idiot would think moving the Spurs an hour up the road to Austin will make them more relevant on the national stage.

A move to Vegas on the other hand….

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real stars make the town they don't wait for the town to make them.

if you aren't on TV then put yourself on TV. You got the ball do something with it.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But part of relevance, as I understood him, is winning. And we weren’t winning. He played a part in that obviously. But the roster construction was a disaster. Just a horrible time for Spurs fans. I didn’t feel relevant!! Lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He put up crazy stats that last year and couldn’t get into the AllStar game. I could tell that pissed him off. I think he makes a lot of sense. You could say the same thing when he was with the Raptors. Bulls are the first team in a big stateside market. It probably feels night and day compared to San Antonio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only a South Texas idiot would think moving the Spurs an hour up the road to Austin will make them more relevant on the national stage.

A move to Vegas on the other hand….
    Vegas is a facade. Fake as they come. Zero substance. Zero history. Zero loyalty. I don't get the fascination with moving the team to Vegas in the least. OTOH, a real city, with a real passionate fan base like Seattle is very intriguing.

BTW, if the West's megadrought continues as climatology predicts, Vegas will be the first place that gets abandoned. And deservedly so. It has no business existing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought he was living in Brooklyn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His podcast is not bad tbh

Except for that forehead who is with him on the show, I don’t know who the F he is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Out of context by Spurs hating media. What’s new?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vegas is a facade. Fake as they come. Zero substance. Zero history. Zero loyalty. I don't get the fascination with moving the team to Vegas in the least. OTOH, a real city, with a real passionate fan base like Seattle is very intriguing.

BTW, if the West's megadrought continues as climatology predicts, Vegas will be the first place that gets abandoned. And deservedly so. It has no business existing.
    Players don’t really care about a passionate fan base. Today it’s about being seen and that image.

I’m with you on Vegas, but there’s a reason why the NFL and NHL have set up shop there. When Vegas and Phoenix simultaneously dry up they can figure out where to relocate all those teams I suppose. An NBA team will move there within 5 years and all the Instagram players will flock to play there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players don’t really care about a passionate fan base. Today it’s about being seen and that image.

I’m with you on Vegas, but there’s a reason why the NFL and NHL have set up shop there. When Vegas and Phoenix simultaneously dry up they can figure out where to relocate all those teams I suppose. An NBA team will move there within 5 years and all the Instagram players will flock to play there.
    Agreed it's all about the night life for players. Vegas has that in spades which will make it a hot destination until climate change destroys it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

anyone that i have ever met who has lived in vegas couldn't wait to get out of vegas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never been to Vegas but it seems to be 100% fake, I wouldn't call it a city tbh

Never been to SA either, but it looks boring and fattening AF

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anyone that i have ever met who has lived in vegas couldn't wait to get out of vegas.
    Were the people who you met single or married? That makes a huge difference. If they were married, then it would make sense on why they would want to leave.

Thread Information