Page 10 of 90 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Intersting scott - it's a complete tear out as opposed to envisioning the new piece slotting into existing personnel.

The roster may be an unforeseeable build based off of what trade upgrades can be had with our collection of valuable assets.

Spurs control their destiny and it's just down to good decision making at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I've kind of shifted the way I think about the collection of young players and picks that we have. Instead of viewing it as a slow ac ulation of the players needed to build a contender, it is just an ac ulation of assets that you can move to build around the centerpiece if you should be so fortunate to land one (and all the picks give us more chances of hitting). If we think of the 5 young guys I mentioned above... I think maybe 2 of them would be part of an eventual contender if we could build one - the rest get moved for the right pieces to complement our yet-to-be-determined star.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've got him in the 8-15 range right now
    I can understand 8 because he’s not a volume scorer, big time shooter or super athletic rim runner but anything outside of top 10 is a stretch at this point. The way he moves with the ball and flow of game he brings is upper level and bordering on elite.

We got a long way to go though. I’ll admit that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed scott.

I love our pieces but have no allegiance to any outside maybe Dev and Sochan. It's a business at the end of the day and if say KJ can net some no-brainer return you pull that trigger every time.

Will be interesting to see as the Spurs have amassed a horde of value to deal out with.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can understand 8 because he’s not a volume scorer, big time shooter or super athletic rim runner but anything outside of top 10 is a stretch at this point. The way he moves with the ball and flow of game he brings is upper level and bordering on elite.

We got a long way to go though. I’ll admit that.
    Maybe...but I think any tiers at this point (mine included) aren't reliable yet... we've got some film and I see some deficiencies there but we need athletic numbers and measurements to add to the equation....then the picture will clear up a bit..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they are truly the best prospects - we can't afford to pass on players because they are redundant to Keldon Johnson. Keldon is a transitory/support piece, not a centerpiece building block, IMO.
    Portland passed on Michael Jordan, because they felt he was redundant to Drexler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well my whole point was that Wemby doesn't really fit into the roster composition as is if you bring back Poeltl because Poeltl/Zollins would be pretty strong but I suppose you could slot Wemby at PF which a lot of discussion has focused on the possibility of. Solves the PF rotation problem though you'd have to tell a #9 FRP to come off the bench, suppose Sochan is a chill enough personality to comply with that.

Jones/Wesley/2023 SRP
    Vassell/Langford/Branham
    Keldon/Doug
    Wemby/Sochan
    Poeltl/Zollins
    Wemby absolutely plays the 4, and is a beast weakside shotblocker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Cason Wallace. A lot. But, like in 5+ range.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe...but I think any tiers at this point (mine included) aren't reliable yet... we've got some film and I see some deficiencies there but we need athletic numbers and measurements to add to the equation....then the picture will clear up a bit..
    Great point its like Jackson i really like him even if he is a PF but i read something that his is 6’9 but his wingspan is also only 6’9 but who knows he is really young so you know those growth plates. Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scoot and the Thompson twins give me the biggest concern from an "Uncle Dennis" perspective. On the surface, they don't seem like the kind of kids who want to be the face of a smaller market team, and will eventually force themselves out to the brighter lights of a bigger city.
    Scoot for sure. Be a wasted pick. Don't have a sense for the Thompsons yet

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they don’t get Wemby, I can easily see them prioritizing BBIQ and character and getting Black or someone else that fits that criteria.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Cason Wallace. A lot. But, like in 5+ range.
    Wallace is a beast on D but i have my concerns on Offense. He is not so athletic, yes he can shoot but he does not have some shot creation or good finishing at the rim.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something to watch- Darius Miles a basketball player at Alabama was arrested on a murder charge... several SEC message boards are saying other players may have been present at the shooting..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something to watch- Darius Miles a basketball player at Alabama was arrested on a murder charge... several SEC message boards are saying other players may have been present at the shooting..
    Between this and Primo, no more Bama players for a while lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy f*ck. Just when I was starting to like Brandon Miller
    Primo also was drafted out of Alabama...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think anyone at 2 just drafts Scoot and figures it out later. If any team were to trade him it'd be Detroit though (even though I'd bet against it)... trading down to get Cam and extra draft capital could make sense for them...
    Yeah, he's the virtual an hesis of a Spur so he probably wouldn't last long but would obviously have to be selected nonetheless.

Spurs should absolutely be targeting Black. He would be a great fit if we land outside the top 3-4
    I was on to him early as the likely Spurs stereotype, which is exactly why I don't want him.

They desperately need a dynamic talent, if not skill wise, then at least athletically and preferably a non boy scout/choir boy type.
    Last edited by TD 21; 01-15-2023 at 07:32 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was on to him early as the likely Spurs stereotype, which is exactly why I don't want him.

They desperately need a dynamic talent, if not skill wise, then at least athletically and preferably a non boy scout/choir boy type.
    A non biracial, urban type from the ghetto. The darkest M&M possible

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, he's the virtual an hesis of a Spur so he probably wouldn't last long but would obviously have to be selected nonetheless.

I don’t really disagree but who outside of the top 2 locked in picks would fit that mold in the top 6.

I can only think of Amen in that regard.

Black is the Doncic to the argument we need a Trae Young.

I know that analogy is a stretch skill wise but the core of the argument is applicable. Black being the an hesis to what you suggest we badly need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ black, white, yellow, purple, gay, jailbird blah blah blah it doesn’t matter. We need a few talented players with chips on their shoulder who aren’t afraid to mix it up. Zollins is the closest we have to that but the problem is he is a bench player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t really disagree but who outside of the top 2 locked in picks would fit that mold in the top 6.

I can only think of Amen in that regard.

Black is the Doncic to the argument we need a Trae Young.

I know that analogy is a stretch skill wise but the core of the argument is applicable. Black being the an hesis to what you suggest we badly need.
    Skill wise, Smith Jr. and possibly Miller look the part and athletically, the Thompson twins definitely do and Whitmore probably does too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am happy that this draft seems deep, we all want Victor but Scoot, Miller, Whitmore, Thompson twins would all be great gets as well.

im actually starting to really get typed about Scoot or Miller tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still haven't seen entire games from most prospects (no one other than top 2, actually), only clips from YouTube. With that said, and omitting the obvious top 2 picks, if we land from 3 onwards I'm leaning towards Brandon Miller. He's long, has all around potential and CAN REALLY SHOOT. That to me is a huge concern, you can get by a couple non shooters at most, and looking forward we have too many starters who really struggle from deep (below 30%). Doesn't mean I'm ruling out an Amen Thompson, for instance, but I'd be very careful to weight all options. Nick Smith Jr's all around skillset, youth and length are also tempting, but knee injuries that early scare me the heck away. Other players that intrigue me if we can get a second pick in the mid first or about there, are Anthony Black (probably goes earlier) and Jett Howard. But all of this is simply by watching clips of the top 20 projected players or so, so come February/March (when I'll watch full games) I might change my mind.
    Last edited by Ariel; 01-16-2023 at 10:50 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need a go-to scorer that can get buckets in a variety of ways. I say they go back to the Baylor well and grab Keyonte George. Pure stroke, unlimited range, and underrated as a playmaker.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anthony reminds me of a taller version of White

Thread Information