Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scoot can't shoot from range how is this not a deterrent in todays NBA?
    He’s 18. He’ll improve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So freaking glad for this thread. I suspect we'll get ed in the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll be paying attention to Kal'el Ware.
    What's with these freaking crazy names? I guess I no one has an issue with a kid named North then anything is ok. Crazy times.

Just went to my kids play and on the program there was a kid named Wolfgang Lopez... wtf?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's with these freaking crazy names? I guess I no one has an issue with a kid named North then anything is ok. Crazy times.

Just went to my kids play and on the program there was a kid named Wolfgang Lopez... wtf?
    His parents read a lot of Superman comics

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is definitely a top 10 draft prospect

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Isn't this Superman's name??

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ACE - I really like Amen Thompson he is just a freak of nature so athletic and a PG with those moves at 6'7 is crazy - The only thing he needs to show is that he can hit the 3 ball - but I think if he plays to his potential he will fall no latter then the 5th pick.

Some other players that I really like in this draft are:
    Jordan Walsh - 6'7 G - Kid is also super athletic and all ready shows he can easily score inside and outside he has the complete game.

Nick Smith - 6'4 PG/SG - It will be interesting if he plays at PG or SG his first season if he plays PG and still looks good I would take him

Came Whitmore - 6'6 G - Kinda like Walsh can score on all level and a very good defender

Dillon Mitc - 6'7 - Kinda reminds me a taller slightly better Blake he definitely has the athleticism just needs to put it all together

Brandon Miller - 6'9 SF - I really want some more length and the kid is tall and built he plays great defense and his outside shot not bad

Carson Wallace - 6'4 PG - I like the kid he is built like a truck and is tough as one definitely plays great defense and can score inside and out

Gregory Jackson - 6'9 SF/PF - The kid might be starting on his team at on 17 years old he definitely has a ton of upsize might take a little longer but probably worth the wait

Dereck Lively - 7'1 with a 7'7 wingspan - A great rim runner, very athletic, good hands, good defender, not much of a shot creator or outside shooting as of yet

Kel'el Ware - 7'0 - Similar to Lively may have a better offensive game in the long run

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ACE - I really like Amen Thompson he is just a freak of nature so athletic and a PG with those moves at 6'7 is crazy - The only thing he needs to show is that he can hit the 3 ball - but I think if he plays to his potential he will fall no latter then the 5th pick.

Jordan Walsh - 6'7 G - Kid is also super athletic and all ready shows he can easily score inside and outside he has the complete game.

Nick Smith - 6'4 PG/SG - It will be interesting if he plays at PG or SG his first season if he plays PG and still looks good I would take him

Came Whitmore - 6'6 G - Kinda like Walsh can score on all level and a very good defender

Dillon Mitc - 6'7 - Kinda reminds me a taller slightly better Blake he definitely has the athleticism just needs to put it all together

Brandon Miller - 6'9 SF - I really want some more length and the kid is tall and built he plays great defense and his outside shot not bad

Carson Wallace - 6'4 PG - I like the kid he is built like a truck and is tough as one definitely plays great defense and can score inside and out

Gregory Jackson - 6'9 SF/PF - The kid might be starting on his team at on 17 years old he definitely has a ton of upsize might take a little longer but probably worth the wait

Dereck Lively - 7'1 with a 7'7 wingspan - A great rim runner, very athletic, good hands, good defender, not much of a shot creator or outside shooting as of yet

Kel'el Ware - 7'0 - Similar to Lively may have a better offensive game in the long run
    In the context of a discussion in the Jak thread… do we feel like Lively and Ware are good enough C prospects to feel comfortable with moving Jak during the season?

Obviously if you land Wemby, Jak becomes expendable, but it seems like the rest of the top prospects are G/W in which case you might be really keen on a nice Jak extension this offseason.
    BackHome - you gave a great write-up here… assuming the Spurs aren’t picking 1 or 2, which prospects do you feel fit in best with the Spurs current core?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the context of a discussion in the Jak thread… do we feel like Lively and Ware are good enough C prospects to feel comfortable with moving Jak during the season?

Obviously if you land Wemby, Jak becomes expendable, but it seems like the rest of the top prospects are G/W in which case you might be really keen on a nice Jak extension this offseason.
    BackHome - you gave a great write-up here… assuming the Spurs aren’t picking 1 or 2, which prospects do you feel fit in best with the Spurs current core?
    They didn't even play a single game in the NCAA. What is the point of discussing them now?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Umm because the thread is about discussing Draft Prospects so if your not interested in discussing players then just don’t click on the thread. And as far as not playing in the NCAA well that might be a point if we drafting mid to late but we going to be in the top 10 and so far the best 2 players that will be drafted will never play in the NCAA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Umm because the thread is about discussing Draft Prospects so if your not interested in discussing players then just don’t click on the thread. And as far as not playing in the NCAA well that might be a point if we drafting mid to late but we going to be in the top 10 and so far the best 2 players that will be drafted will never play in the NCAA.
    Lively and Ware are "the best 2 players that will be drafted" and won't play in the NCAA?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Umm No the two best players in this draft are Wem. and Henderson and Amen Thompson might just be the 3rd pick in the draft and all 3 will not be playing in the NCAA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Umm No the two best players in this draft are Wem. and Henderson and Amen Thompson might just be the 3rd pick in the draft and all 3 will not be playing in the NCAA
    So why did you post your when it was about Lively and Ware?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again read the le of this Thread “Draft Projects to Watch” which words are you having difficulty understanding?
    Last edited by BackHome; 11-06-2022 at 11:38 AM.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Seems to me that if we land Wemby keeping Jak would be huge. They can easily play alongside each other.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems to me that if we land Wemby keeping Jak would be huge. They can easily play alongside each other.
    that part. I said the same thing. Yak would just get all the boards down low while Wemby is launching from the 3-point line

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Much appreciated BH. A springboard to some other players' games which as of now, I've completely ignorant about.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on current projections, anything lower than 4 would be a disaster, which is another reason why finishing last is important.

Smith and (Amen) Thompson, though probably a combo guard and point forward more so than genuine lead creators, at least have the potential to fill the biggest positional need.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on current projections, anything lower than 4 would be a disaster, which is another reason why finishing last is important.

Smith and (Amen) Thompson, though probably a combo guard and point forward more so than genuine lead creators, at least have the potential to fill the biggest positional need.
    Yep...the second tier consist of those two right now (I like Smith slightly better)... hopefully a few more guys show they belong in that tier between now and the draft..

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    keyonte george or gtfo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wouldn't be completely shocked if amen thompson passed up scoot in the mocks. regardless, i think he'll solidify himself as the # 3 pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I think there is different tiers;

All Star/Generational talent:
    1. Wemb

All Star:
    1. Scoot Henderson
    2. Amen Thompson

Potential All Star:
    1. Nick Smith
    2. Cam Whitmore
    3. Brandon Miller
    4. Dariq Whitehead - If he recovers from foot injury
    5. GG Jackson
    6. Jordan Walsh

I think this draft is super talented staying in the top 8 will give you access to top tier talent and yeah obviously staying in the top 3 is what we are all hoping for.

RJV - man if Amen can show he can shoot the long ball an improve his shooting mechanics then yeah it would be a tough choice between him and Scoot.
    Last edited by BackHome; 11-07-2022 at 04:31 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I like both Lively and Kel,el, I think both have the opportunity to go 10 to 18 range as with all these guys we are talking about the more that they can show they can shoot the 3 ball the higher they will definitely be drafted. If I had to make the decision I would probably go with Kel,el because I think he is better shooter and will help the spacing - If Sochan was deadly from the 3 Range would take Lively. But both these guys will have the same problem Poetl has with big aggressive center well to be honest they are both skinny so it would probably be worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I think there is different tiers;

All Star/Generational talent:
    1. Wemb

All Star:
    1. Scoot Henderson
    2. Amen Thompson

Potential All Star:
    1. Nick Smith
    2. Cam Whitmore
    3. Brandon Miller
    4. Dariq Whitehead - If he recovers from foot injury
    5. GG Jackson
    6. Jordan Walsh

I think this draft is super talented staying in the top 8 will give you access to top tier talent and yeah obviously staying in the top 3 is what we are all hoping for.

RJV - man if Amen can show he can shoot the long ball an improve his shooting mechanics then yeah it would be a tough choice between him and Scoot.
    his mechanics showed some improvement at his pro day so he definitely bears watching. he's likely the best athlete in the class with great playmaking skills. at 6'7", he could be something special.

Thread Information