Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    dillon mitc = better jermey sochan

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dOesNt MaTteR. toO MuCH TaLeNt LoLz
    I'll follow them but i'm not totally convinced for the moment that they're top 3 talent.... we'll see

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's my biggest concern for the Thompson's , OTE is a very very low level league.
    I was very wary of taking Sharpe for this very reason, his achievements had been against much lower compe ion and there was next to no reliable evidence to judge him by. However, Portland did their due diligence (even having Lillard in his workout to assess him) and it seems clear they didn't screw up by taking him.
    So my point is: if our pick ends up not in the expected range and the Thompson twins slip as a result of OTE related concerns, they may end up one of the better options for us our turn comes. It's a bigger risk, but if they work them out extensively and they check out, the potential reward may be too much to pass up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The big difference is the eye test Amen is 6’7 PG who is a Elite Athlete we are talking NBA athleticism and he had decent handles and ability to find the open man, and he can create his own shot. The only question for him is his shooting if he can show that he can do that he will definitely be in top 10 and maybe as high as 3 depends on team needs. If he can’t do that then he might go mid first early second.

I do agree the league is but it’s pretty much just a big pre draft training camp so they do try to get these guys ready to do well in the draft workouts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zoom Diallo

Can the Spurs consider this guy just on name use for ST alone?

2024 point guard Zoom Diallo plans unofficial visit to Gonzaga on September 9 – Score Zags Score

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Zoom Diallo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think what the Spurs ultimately go for in this draft is what they lost in Primo: a jumbo-sized playmaker

i think having Jordan Hall around serves as a filler in practice for that type of player so the other guys become accustomed to it.

If there is a Josh Giddey, Dyson Daniels, Cade Cunningham, Scottie Barnes - esque player in this upcoming draft, then that should be the guy IMO

it wouldnt disrupt Tre’s development (not that they’re building around him) but it would be the kind of pick where it just fits with everybody, just like how Sochan is ending up. This jumbo playmaker would be able to play with Sochan and everyone on the team. Solves the backup PG issue while still being versatile in lineups.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think what the Spurs ultimately go for in this draft is what they lost in Primo: a jumbo-sized playmaker

i think having Jordan Hall around serves as a filler in practice for that type of player so the other guys become accustomed to it.

If there is a Josh Giddey, Dyson Daniels, Cade Cunningham, Scottie Barnes - esque player in this upcoming draft, then that should be the guy IMO

it wouldnt disrupt Tre’s development (not that they’re building around him) but it would be the kind of pick where it just fits with everybody, just like how Sochan is ending up. This jumbo playmaker would be able to play with Sochan and everyone on the team. Solves the backup PG issue while still being versatile in lineups.
    I'm hoping Blake solves the backup pg issues. As for the draft I do think you're right about what we target unless we strike gold and get the top pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm hoping Blake solves the backup pg issues. As for the draft I do think you're right about what we target unless we strike gold and get the top pick.
    Oh i dont think my hypothetical player replaces Blake either. I think the position he’ll play would be 3/4 but with a lot of playmaking ability. The depth behind Sochan is so bad that this player would solve that too. KBD and Roby are both playing turrible.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh i dont think my hypothetical player replaces Blake either. I think the position he’ll play would be 3/4 but with a lot of playmaking ability. The depth behind Sochan is so bad that this player would solve that too. KBD and Roby are both playing turrible.
    Gotcha... I'm still hoping for that alpha at the top of the draft but we aren't up in that top 5 or 6 I do think we probably adjust to quality depth. I really (for the first time since nephew was here) feel like we're actually building something and we only need 3 things to really compete... 1) a true alpha, 2) a little better depth in a couple spots, and 3) experience for the young guys.

I love watching this team..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Keyonte George from Baylor. He’s not exactly a 1 but it might end up being his position. Nick Smith could be similar as well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keyonte George from Baylor. He’s not exactly a 1 but it might end up being his position. Nick Smith could be similar as well.
    I'm pretty high on Nick Smith... he's probably 3 or 4 in this draft imo right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Might Charlotte turn the season around ?
    Last edited by Ocotillo; 11-12-2022 at 04:29 PM.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Might Charlotte turn the season around ?
    I hope so. While it's probably not enough to get them into the 17-30 pick range so that their first conveys this year, it should cause them to end the season with a better record than the Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking at the draft it seems more likely that we will probably fall in the 5 to 11 range - So if they think Keyonte can play some PG or has the ability to handle the ball and facilitate the offense then he fits need and fits best talent I am just scarred of taking a tweener.

Beside Keyonte only other players that I like and I think will be in that range would be;

Amen Thompson - PG
    Wallace - PG

Cam Whitmore - SF/SG
    Brandon Miller - SF
    GG Jackson - PF
    Last edited by BackHome; 11-13-2022 at 11:48 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brandon Miller is my early favorite. Tall, can handle with his left or right, score from anywhere, just a lot of talent overall. Would fit in excellent with this team. Spurs would be able to play BIG without missing a beat.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brandon Miller is my early favorite. Tall, can handle with his left or right, score from anywhere, just a lot of talent overall. Would fit in excellent with this team. Spurs would be able to play BIG without missing a beat.
    Wouldn't be a bad pick if we're outside the top 10..which is a real possibility..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't be a bad pick if we're outside the top 10..which is a real possibility..
    I don’t think he lasts past pick 7-8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By this time last year Patrick Baldwin Jr was a top 5 pick. No such thing as a “bad or good pick” right now, except the obvious #1.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 11-13-2022 at 10:34 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So true and I know most of us are looking at one and done players for this draft but they still some very talented second year players need to look at. For instances 2022 draft picks picks 4 through 6 were all second year players whose game improved dramatically;

Jaden Ivey
    Keegan Murray
    Ben Mathurian

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By this time last year Patrick Baldwin Jr was a top 5 pick. No such thing as a “bad or good pick” right now, except the obvious #1.
    It's obviously fluid and will change as we get more data (just like my personal board will change as I get more data) but as of today it's a good pick outside the top 10 on my board...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My darkhorse pick

If he’s anything like one of my favorite players (Jrue Holiday) … take him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.si.com/nba/draft/.amp/pr...-cason-wallace

great article on Cason

sounds like the pg version of Sochan
    Last edited by Dejounte; 11-15-2022 at 09:49 PM.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count

Thread Information