Page 5 of 90 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George reminds me of Eric Gordon and Wallace reminds me of Jrue Holiday.

Neither looks to be the type of dynamic on-ball creator this team desperately needs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will defer to you TD have only watched him once but have to give the kid credit he can put up points pretty fast and as far as stats I think with 3 games played he is averaging 6 rebounds 6 assist and 16 pts - If we draft him his intro should be "House of 6"..lol...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Super early big board in tiers:

Tier 1
    -Wemba

Tier 2
    -Cason Wallace
    -Scoot
    -Dariq Whitehead

Tier 3
    -Rayan Rupert
    -GG Jackson
    -Brandon Miller
    -Keyonte George

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw a projection of Spurs picking Anthony Black. Was weird to see it at pick # 11, surely we lose more than that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tier 1
    -Wemba

Tier 2
    -Cason Wallace
    -Scoot
    -Dariq Whitehead

Tier 3
    -Rayan Rupert
    -GG Jackson
    -Brandon Miller
    -Keyonte George
    Scoot stock have kind of lowered with his meh start of a season... Might have a few euro prospects sneaking in throughout the year as well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tier 1
    -Wemba

Tier 2
    -Cason Wallace
    -Scoot
    -Dariq Whitehead

Tier 3
    -Rayan Rupert
    -GG Jackson
    -Brandon Miller
    -Keyonte George
    I would probably include Nick Smith in the tier 2 - So far it's kinda weird looking at the lottery players as some of the highest rated first year players haven't played yet because of injuries.

Nick Smith
    Cam Whitmore
    Dariq Whitehead

So far from watching players that are actually playing I would have to say I like what I am seeing from College:
    Brandon Miller - he is a little older but a athletic 6'9 SF who can shoot, rebound, and pass looks pretty good to me so far
    GG Jackson - Again, the kid is only 17 years old and he is 6'9 PF who is athletic can play defense and score definite upside is there
    Keyonte George - The kid just gets buckets

I also like Azuolas Tubelis - A very athletic 6'11 PF can score and rebound pretty good looking at him in the second round
    Last edited by BackHome; 11-19-2022 at 06:10 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My issue with Nick Smith is that his style of play reminds me of DJ Murray and that’s not a problem in itself but I think I want to watch a different type of player on this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might check out some Maui Invitational games on Wednesday. Any prospects worth watching out for there?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has anybody seen Kyle Filipowski play? I feel like he's everything we wanted Samanic to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anthony Black with a couple big games. He would be where we left off with Primo, but probably better. Big PG who has good vision, rebounds well, and can finish inside. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s the pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anthony Black with a couple big games. He would be where we left off with Primo, but probably better. Big PG who has good vision, rebounds well, and can finish inside. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s the pick.
    He's a player I like. He's probably not in my top 10 right now but He's got a lot of potential. I'd like to see him consistently be more aggressive and I'd like more consistency from outside the arc but he's got to tools to get there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I was thinking you would like him you mentioned you were looking at someone like Josh Giddey - He is kinda like him but a slightly better athlete, a better defender, but Giddey has him beat with court vision and his passing ..My first thoughts watching him is that he doesn't have that twitch I am looking for he is not near as athletic as Amen Thompson..But after watching this team I am kinda torn do we need a tradional PG or with guys like Sochan do we want someone is more of a PG/SG?

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I was thinking you would like him you mentioned you were looking at someone like Josh Giddey - He is kinda like him but a slightly better athlete, a better defender, but Giddey has him beat with court vision and his passing ..My first thoughts watching him is that he doesn't have that twitch I am looking for he is not near as athletic as Amen Thompson..But after watching this team I am kinda torn do we need a tradional PG or with guys like Sochan do we want someone is more of a PG/SG?
    I would rather see us get someone versatile, who might make matching up more difficult and retain Tre Jones when we need a more traditional look. Tre is borderline if not arguably a starting pg and probably still has a little bit more room to grow before he hits his ceiling.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would rather see us get someone versatile, who might make matching up more difficult and retain Tre Jones when we need a more traditional look. Tre is borderline if not arguably a starting pg and probably still has a little bit more room to grow before he hits his ceiling.
    Not even close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not even close.
    Yeah I realize we have a large base of members that can’t reconcile a starting pg who’s more of a game manager than stat filler. These days on ST if you’re not a borderline all star you’re a bust.

In the scenario mentioned Tre would be the back up pg. So you shouldn’t be as offended with that look.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I realize we have a large base of members that can’t reconcile a starting pg who’s more of a game manager than stat filler. These days on ST if you’re not a borderline all star you’re a bust.

In the scenario mentioned Tre would be the back up pg. So you shouldn’t be as offended with that look.
    At the old school, myopic types who think Sochan has star potential and Jones is or has starting potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre Jones has a ways to go to be considered a solid to good starting point guard. He isn’t bad, but he is better served as a backup.

I like Tre and hope we keep him as a back up, but I also hope we upgrade the starting point guard spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the old school, myopic types who think Sochan has star potential and Jones is or has starting potential.
    Are you too stupid to understand that I’m suggesting he be the backup?

Perhaps you could revisit the terms “arguably” and “borderline”.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s the same arguments over and over again, I guess it’s entertainment at this point. How anyone can shut the door on how good young players can be at this stage is still beyond me. Bad calls have been made with players like Murray, Keldon, Vassell (including myself), and being way off about those guys (with hundreds of posts made about it) yet here we are repeating the same stuff from the past on newer players.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 11-23-2022 at 07:53 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back in the days, did you think Kawhi, Dejounte and Keldon had "star" potential? I didn't, and look how all of them have developed. Sochan was drafted higher than any of them, I wouldn't put it past the Spurs' development program to work their magic once again.

We will still be needing that mercurial talent that needs to be born and can't be built to really get back to contending, though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Vassell is looking real good I am really liking the work he has been putting in and every year he keeps on getting better and better he is legit. Keldon, has also made huge strides and his 3 ball is night and day from last season wondering what he can improve upon for next season. I don't think anyone is saying that Tre is a starting PG for a good team but a lot of people do like his game and would not mind keeping him as the backup he still has room to improve as well.

We all now that if we don't get the first pick but get the second pick it's like 95% likely that we pick Scoot Henderson as our future PG - The way this team has been leading in the "Tank Command" I think we have a legit chance of landing a 1 to 4 pick which will definitely get us an upgrade in talent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon, has also made huge strides and his 3 ball is night and day from last season wondering what he can improve upon for next season.
    I might by in the minority here, but Keldon has too much arc on his three. For my liking at least.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you too stupid to understand that I’m suggesting he be the backup?

Perhaps you could revisit the terms “arguably” and “borderline”.
    Jones and the words arguably and borderline should never be mentioned in the same sentence as starting PG. Not currently, not potentially, etc.

He's a fringe rotation player who's ceiling is full-fledged rotation player.

Back in the days, did you think Kawhi, Dejounte and Keldon had "star" potential? I didn't, and look how all of them have developed. Sochan was drafted higher than any of them, I wouldn't put it past the Spurs' development program to work their magic once again.

We will still be needing that mercurial talent that needs to be born and can't be built to really get back to contending, though.
    That's one of the problems with this board though. Largely due to the success of Parker and S bag (Ginobili was mostly developed when he arrived, Murray isn't a full-fledged star and Johnson isn't even under consideration, at least yet), many have this idea that virtually every 1st round pick is either destined for or has star potential.

Sochan's draft position is irrelevant in this case. His archetype doesn't have a star ceiling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jones and the words arguably and borderline should never be mentioned in the same sentence as starting PG. Not currently, not potentially, etc.

He's a fringe rotation player who's ceiling is full-fledged rotation player.

That's one of the problems with this board though. Largely due to the success of Parker and S bag (Ginobili was mostly developed when he arrived, Murray isn't a full-fledged star and Johnson isn't even under consideration, at least yet), many have this idea that virtually every 1st round pick is either destined for or has star potential.

Sochan's draft position is irrelevant in this case. His archetype doesn't have a star ceiling.
    I don’t agree with you. He’s not a fringe rotation player. He’s shown competence on the court. Improvement in weak areas and effectiveness in pace and distribution.

No one here has made an effective argument against him being a legitimate rotation player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brandon Miller is so awesome.

Thread Information