Page 51 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2228
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anthony Black is Jeremy Sochan. I'm telling you guys. Different bodies, different positions, but he's the same player.
    It's scary how well they compare. Anthony with a few more assists, Sochan with a few more rebounds. Black even keeps his left hand on the ball when he shoots FTs, like Sochan did before.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anthony Black is Jeremy Sochan. I'm telling you guys. Different bodies, different positions, but he's the same player.
    I really like Black but i saw Sochan as a better prospect coming from Baylor because of his D. Imo he was elite.

Wich part of Black's game do you see as potentially elite ?

I've seen a lot of comparisons between Walker and Randle, but don't see it at all - same body type, sure, but their games are completely different.

I like Walker if the Spurs don't land a top 2 pick and trade down. He's malleable.
    They are totally different, an offensive PF vs a defensive PF if i exagerrate.
    Last edited by duncan2150; 03-16-2023 at 11:43 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like Black but i saw Sochan as a better prospect coming from Baylor because of his D. Imo he was elite.

Wich part of Black's game do you see as potentially elite ?
    Black is possibly the best perimeter defender in this class.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Black is possibly the best perimeter defender in this class.
    Yes you right, really good stealer.

I don't see him too much on one on one defense like Sochan last year. Last year i belevied in Sochan's offensive upside, maybe a little bit less for Black but really interesting prospect for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we end up #3, maybe Miller is exactly who ORL would view as the final building block. If Miller’s issues are going to DQ him from being a Spur, then I’d like Black + Whitmore over taking anyone else to be considered at 3.

I remain higher on Whitmore than others. I see glimpses of Nephew mixed with Rudy Gay. He’s definitely raw, but if anyone can build him, it’s the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we end up #3, maybe Miller is exactly who ORL would view as the final building block. If Miller’s issues are going to DQ him from being a Spur, then I’d like Black + Whitmore over taking anyone else to be considered at 3.

I remain higher on Whitmore than others. I see glimpses of Nephew mixed with Rudy Gay. He’s definitely raw, but if anyone can build him, it’s the Spurs.
    This is exactly my alternate dream scenario. If we can't get Wemby or won't draft Miller or Scoot, Cam Whitmore + Anthony Black is the absolute best possible we could make, and it would make perfect sense for Orlando to consolidate both picks into a higher one. And, while we're at it, I'd extort them for a third (future pick)... they won't need it.
    And as the cherry on top of the cake, get me Dariq Whitehead in the late lottery (use a future pick or some current asset). Trade Keldon for some PG / front court help, and we're done.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tankathon finally came out with a new mock have us taking Miller at 3 -Walker goes 6th, Cam goes 7th, and Black goes 10th

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs need to draft Jarace Walker. That guy is so freaking good, it's scary. His potential offensive ceiling is high, fantastic work ethic, athleticism, strength, and ball handling. Has ok 3pt% and a concerning 67% FT percentage, but he shot 85% on his free throws in AAU and has tremendous touch on his shot. I feel like he's going to be a multi-year DPOY and a potential MVP candidate with good coaching.

Imagine playing Walker, Schoan, and Vessell together? I also think that Walker is a 3.5 in the NBA. I think you can play Walker, Schoan, and a legit rim protecting 5 in 3 years or less. That's a championship level core I think.

Seeing some hype regarding Walker a lot of talk that he is playing a specific team role as he is a Freshman and starting on a very good team. So he is doing exactly what the coaches want from him regarding his role but that he has show to be able to do a lot more then what he is showing right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is exactly my alternate dream scenario. If we can't get Wemby or won't draft Miller or Scoot, Cam Whitmore + Anthony Black is the absolute best possible we could make, and it would make perfect sense for Orlando to consolidate both picks into a higher one. And, while we're at it, I'd extort them for a third (future pick)... they won't need it.
    And as the cherry on top of the cake, get me Dariq Whitehead in the late lottery (use a future pick or some current asset). Trade Keldon for some PG / front court help, and we're done.
    That's indeed a dream scenario that probably can happen only in a dream, not even mentioning the 3rd FRP (you greedy, man). I don't see how it would be possible to have both those guys trading down. If we value them, and I do too (I'm also high on Whitmore), no doubt others do... The closer the draft, the bigger the attention and the bigger their individual value. That's a bit like last year and "Poeltl for CHA #13 and #15" where Poeltl was seen as someone CHA def would want since it was kinda fitting the pro trade downs desires...

I honestly just don't know where ORL wants to go but I have a really hard time believing they'd give 3 FPRs for #3, nor even "just" this year's 2 FPRs. Before also mentioning that I truly believe Wright would take Miller.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not particularly high on Miller but there’s no reason for the Spurs to not draft Scoot or Miller unless you’re getting 2 lottery picks and probable third 1st round pick. I don’t see any team offering 3 first for the 2nd or 3rd pick.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen a lot of comparisons between Walker and Randle, but don't see it at all - same body type, sure, but their games are completely different.

I like Walker if the Spurs don't land a top 2 pick and trade down. He's malleable.
    True. I shouldn't have included Randle. I've seen all those comps as well. But I think the level of success he could have if things align for him could be similar to Julius Randle, that's really what I meant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Seeing some hype regarding Walker a lot of talk that he is playing a specific team role as he is a Freshman and starting on a very good team. So he is doing exactly what the coaches want from him regarding his role but that he has show to be able to do a lot more then what he is showing right now.
    His shooting splits kind of scare me. Not awful on 3p. 34.4, small sample, but that 61% FTs doesn't scream any improvement. His projected NBA 3p is 33%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes you right, really good stealer.

I don't see him too much on one on one defense like Sochan last year. Last year i belevied in Sochan's offensive upside, maybe a little bit less for Black but really interesting prospect for sure.
    He is, though. He's very quick laterally, plus maintains a wide balanced base, stays very upright to take contact on drives, gets very skinny over screens. He doesn't gamble or freelance for steals, but does get them in his area, the way Kawhi sometimes did, i.e. pick the pocket of guys driving past him. So, he doesn't lose defensive form and still gets steals. He can harass ballhandlers bringing it up the court. He's done the Manu thing springing into the air on an inbounder and corralling the ball. Above everything, he's a high-energy guy who doesn't stop on plays. He's basically very quick, with good instincts, works hard, and is 6'7".

To be very honest, his advanced stats aren't in Sochan's ballpark. Jeremy beat him every advanced category -- https://www.tankathon.com/players/co...-jeremy-sochan.

I think it's fair to put Black in the 9-12 range. He'll likely go there and teams may quickly wonder why he didn't go higher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's against the Howard Bison, but Gradey looks ready for the tournament with 17 and 9 with 3 assists and 3 steals.

I'm a fan. As a shooter, he's not just a spot-up shooter. As a shooter, he does a lot of other things. Good feel for the game and not the terrible defender every white kid is advertised to be.

No idea what happens, but I feel he's in top 10 consideration.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's indeed a dream scenario that probably can happen only in a dream, not even mentioning the 3rd FRP (you greedy, man). I don't see how it would be possible to have both those guys trading down. If we value them, and I do too (I'm also high on Whitmore), no doubt others do... The closer the draft, the bigger the attention and the bigger their individual value. That's a bit like last year and "Poeltl for CHA #13 and #15" where Poeltl was seen as someone CHA def would want since it was kinda fitting the pro trade downs desires...

I honestly just don't know where ORL wants to go but I have a really hard time believing they'd give 3 FPRs for #3, nor even "just" this year's 2 FPRs. Before also mentioning that I truly believe Wright would take Miller.
    Provided the other party is REALLY interested in some guy (in this case, Brandon Miller), trading up for a perceived top talent and future franchise cornerstone doesn't come cheap. In the case alluded, if we end up with 2/3 AND the FO isn't sold on Scoot or Miller (for whatever reasons), and Orlando lands 2 later lottery picks as expected (theirs and Chicago's), then it's perfectly reasonable ask for both in order to let them have who many perceive as a franchise talent and 2nd best overall player. That's actually fair value given history and statistical research. A third pick is a bonus, if you get it fine, if not oh well.
    A trade is contingent on just how much the other team covets their target, it's when they want somebody to the limits of reason or beyond that rip offs are made; if they accept you win, if they don't you move on plan B and you lost nothing.
    Danny Ainge has made a living with this strategy, he only trades with desperate teams and asks for more than reasonable, and results are there for everyone to see. Hadn't he had the nerve to ask for a king's ransom for Gobert, he never would have gotten such package in return. Same thing with Orlando's return for Vucevic (Wendell Carter, a pick that ended up being Franz Wagner, and a likely top 10 pick this year. By your logic both those moves would sound ridiculous, yet they happened because they had the nerve to ask high and let the other party draw the line.
    I also disagree with your statement "if we value them, no doubt others do", that defeatist mindset (I won't get it, so why bother trying) will only prevent you from pursuing the better opportunities. Surely other would have taken Tony, Kawhi, before they were within reach, right? Yet they didn't. Every situation is different, every GM sees things from a different perspective and has a different set of values, priorities, constraints... you have to be vigilant, when there's a difference in perception of value there are gains to be had.
    Finally, you mention of last year's proposed trade with Charlotte actually goes against your case: they ended up selling no. 13 for a projected late first round pick from Milwaukee. Would your reasoning have predicted that? In hindsight, moving up to no. 9 would have been much better value for them. It just so happened that they were satisfied with their guy at 15, but that in no way refutes the idea that it was a fair trade. Same thing with Poeltl, most trade ideas were centered around Poeltl for one of the picks plus a youngster, which is very close to what we ended up getting for a diminished asset (closer to expiring). So I fail to see how any of it refutes those ideas.
    Last edited by Ariel; 03-16-2023 at 02:40 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miller has zero points at half against Corpus Christi A&M… not a very compe ive game but not a great start for a potential top 5 pick lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's against the Howard Bison, but Gradey looks ready for the tournament with 17 and 9 with 3 assists and 3 steals.

I'm a fan. As a shooter, he's not just a spot-up shooter. As a shooter, he does a lot of other things. Good feel for the game and not the terrible defender every white kid is advertised to be.

No idea what happens, but I feel he's in top 10 consideration.
    He’s scrappy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He plays the right way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brandon Miller firing blanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brandon Miller firing blanks.
    It's good to find out early if someone folds under pressure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was no pressure at any point in this game.

Pressure would be if the game was close and he fails to figure out a way to insert himself. This has been a noncompe ive game since it was 8-0 bama. Certainly not great to see the donut but CC hasn’t been a threat all game. I’m indifferent about his performance.

Let’s see if the next game is at all interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He keeps missing the target.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was no pressure at any point in this game.

Pressure would be if the game was close and he fails to figure out a way to insert himself. This has been a noncompe ive game since it was 8-0 bama. Certainly not great to see the donut but CC hasn’t been a threat all game. I’m indifferent about his performance.

Let’s see if the next game is at all interesting.
    The tournament itself is pressurized. If he can't shoot in this easy early game, how is he going to react to increasingly better opponents?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The tournament itself is pressurized. If he can't shoot in this easy early game, how is he going to react to increasingly better opponents?
    I have no problem making that point. Only that this game wasn’t compe ive from the start. There was literally no pressure on him after realizing that it wasn’t gonna be his night. He leaned on teammates in a blow out.

Not really indicative of anything to me.

Maybe he was distracted with the death threats etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not a big deal to me he didn't score in their win. I just wanted to type out some puns that no one got.

Thread Information