Page 8 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone know much about Anthony Black? Looks intriguing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The league is littered with bigs who can shoot the ball. JJJ can shoot, rebound, pass, create his own shot, and block shots. There’s a reason he was called a unicorn,

Everytime we see a four who can shoot, the easy comparison is JJJ.

If you watch GG you'll see that he can do a lot of things, he's not a pure shotblocker but he has a lot of tools. He's more advanced than Jackson offensively at the same age imo.
    Last edited by duncan2150; 12-10-2022 at 04:53 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many draft picks we got this coming summer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many draft picks we got this coming summer
    Own first round pick + second round draft pick from Indiana
    https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dr...rafts/detailed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Own first round pick + second round draft pick from Indiana
    https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dr...rafts/detailed
    Indiana’s second is a fake pick, it was part of McDermott’s sign and trade, it won’t convey.

Spurs have their own first and second, as well as Charlotte’s top 16 protected first, which is unlikely to convey this year and will roll to 2024.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cam and Smith both had good games both scoring 20 +

Its going to come down to shooting and on who gets picked where but as far as potential:

Amen
    Cam & Smith
    Miller
    Ausur

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I watch these guys play the more impressed I am with this draft. I've been saying tbe top 6 or so are better than anyone in last years draft and I still see that but, the more I watch the more I think therecare high impact players to be found all the way to 15. For instance, the SC kid goes anywhere from 9 to 18 in recent mocks. He has a real chance to be an impact player and may not go in the top 10. It really makes me want to try and get a 2nd pick that's projected top 15 with a chance to go higher. I'd be trying hard to find that deal..

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think whoever gets him could be in a predicament similar to what's happening with Dallas.
    He will get too good, too soon for them to tank anymore and then he'll be the lone star on a team not good enough to contend.
    We've got a way better situation than Dallas did, but if Victor is even close to being as good as advertised, we'll be back in play-in spots in no time.

Anyhow, regardless of lottery, we need the best player available. Position doesn't matter.
    Still blows me away the Mavs got Doncic, who was the most sure thing pick since LeBron, with the #5 pick. Phoenix, Sacramento, and Atlanta passing on a 19 year old who was Euroleague MVP and had just led his team to the Euroleague le is about the stupidest thing I have ever seen in the draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I watch these guys play the more impressed I am with this draft. I've been saying tbe top 6 or so are better than anyone in last years draft and I still see that but, the more I watch the more I think therecare high impact players to be found all the way to 15. For instance, the SC kid goes anywhere from 9 to 18 in recent mocks. He has a real chance to be an impact player and may not go in the top 10. It really makes me want to try and get a 2nd pick that's projected top 15 with a chance to go higher. I'd be trying hard to find that deal..
    I feel the same way which is why it will be hard to find a trade that will give us another pick this year. But another reason I want a bad record is I think they will be a couple of hidden gems in the 30 - 36 range.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel the same way which is why it will be hard to find a trade that will give us another pick this year. But another reason I want a bad record is I think they will be a couple of hidden gems in the 30 - 36 range.
    I think that is correct. I've tried to come up with trade scenarios to get that pick but there aren't many. Maybe...just maybe... NY's 1st for taking on Fournier + Richardson + our pick you mentioned at the top of the 2nd... but there aren't many options out there..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Natural basketball player

Almost the whole package (not a special playmaker)

I think he will maintain this level of play, maybe even take it up a notch soon

probably will be the #2 pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I like a lot of what he does.
    He's very sudden, and that's big.
    He also does a lot that you get away with in college that you can't get away with in the NBA.

I just can't vibe with him yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like a lot of what he does.
    He's very sudden, and that's big.
    He also does a lot that you get away with in college that you can't get away with in the NBA.

I just can't vibe with him yet.
    I agree. Still early, haven't watched much of him, but he reminds me of Keldon with more athleticism and worse 3 point shooting (bad slump notwithstanding). I'm not sure the Spurs need another player of the same ilk.

I hope he shows more dimensions of his game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm with you and i think he could be a top 5 pick without a doubt but no 2 it's really early to say that imo.

I still think Whitehead is a top 3 talent, just coming from injury and having a good game yesterday.

For the moment my top 7 is : Victor-Scoot-Whitehead-Smith-George-Withmore-GG Jackson . I have a really hard time evaluating thomson's twins playing against nobody.
    Last edited by duncan2150; 12-11-2022 at 11:38 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I follow this draft class the less impressed I am. I hope some of these guys coming from injuries improve a ton during the season and make the top of the draft as good as it was supposed to be. So far for me :

Wemba - nothing to say here, clear number 1
    Scoot - hope he's more of a Ja and less of a Bledsoe, there is improvement in his shooting for sure and his athleticism is great

Beyond these two, and Scoot hasn't actually played in a while, I've been quite disappointed.

Brandon Miller - really loved his movement and shooting at the start of the season but more and more it's becoming obvious he lacks an elite first step and handles in order to get to the rim at all. Sometimes he looks like a young Tatum but more often a Trey Murphy. He's so tall and long, he can get his shot off against anyone but I really hope he can prove to be a 3 level scorer.

Keyonte George - similar to Miller in that he looks the part but often he lacks the athletic edge and first step to really put it all together. Looks more of a Suggs than an Ivey. Expect him to improve though, he clearly knows how to play.

Amen and Ausar - the opposite of the above two - crazy athletic, incredible first step but do they have the shooting, the feel for the game, etc. when they face real compe ion? Incredibly difficult for me to evaluate them based on highlights.

Nick Smith - my current favourite for 3rd. Love the passion, motor and compe iveness he plays with. He can create his own shot, can handle and pass, can get to the rim and finish and gets to the line a lot. He also doesn't stop moving without the ball, which is very impressive. If he can grow into a PG and not a secondary playmaker it'd make him even more desirable.

Cam Whitmore - great tools and he's not played much yet, I have great hopes he can expand on what he's done so far. My critique is that he doesn't have a clear position. Really not convinced he'd be a good fit on the Spurs but admittedly he's only started his season

GG Jackson - very intriguing and very young, it's difficult to evaluate him playing on a bad team. Nice stats on the surface, terrible advanced stats all over when you dig deeper. This is where GMs make their money.

There's a gap for me at this point. The above seem like they have some sort of a chance to become franchise players.

Cason Wallace and Anthony Black - great players but more complimentary ones than future stars I suppose.

Whitehead - he's also been back from an injury and not had much opportunity but from what little I've seen I kind of don't like him at all. Seems slow and heavy footed, no functional athleticism. Hopefully it's just because of the foot injury and he'll improve.

Jarace Walker - has a grown man's body and plays within that Houston system that isn't perhaps great for individual stats. Very difficult for me project his NBA role. It's not like he's a strong interior finisher, he can probably move his feet quicker on the perimeter than you'd expect

Kelel Ware - probably has the highest upside of the centers in the draft (bar Wemba) because of his touch and shooting but teams generally aren't that enamored with drafting undeveloped centers too early in the draft.

Terquavion Smith - dynamic and a great shot on him but he hasn't made the leap he might have expected when he returned to school. Still, I see him as a clear NBA player. I even expect some team to reach for him because there aren't that many reliable shooters in this draft class

Some other players I'm higher/lower on :

Dillon Mitc - don't like his game and especially for the Spurs. He literally doesn't touch the ball unless someone feeds him under the rim or he gets a rebound. Not sure he's scored from beyond 3 feet all season.
    Gradey - great shot and movement, there will always be an NBA role for a player like him.
    Julian Phillips - good frame, defending upside and can get to the line. If he could become an even average shooter (there's optimism because of his FT%) he'll have a long career. Him, Jordan Walsh, Amari Bailey and Chris Livingston would be interesting projects in the typical draft them a year earlier way with a pick in the 20-30 range.
    Dereck Lively - yuck.
    Baba Miller - yet to play because of a suspension but could be a riser. Presumably he has an advanced game and he's good at a lot of things.
    Julian Stawther and Kris Murray - I like them if they're available at the end of the first/beginning of the 2nd round - big, strong, NBA ready and I expect them to be good scorers, even if it's a 8th/9th man role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taylor Hendricks 6’9”

Last edited by exstatic; 12-17-2022 at 06:48 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not bad. Wasn’t sure before because I thought I thought he was nothing more than a 3 pt chucker but maybe his offensive game has more layers than that

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taylor Hendricks 6’9”

Not bad he has potential he is averaging 15pts to go with 7 rebounds not bad he can hit the 3 ball pretty good - named AAC Freshmen of the Week in 4th strait week - I am thinking mid to late second round pick he definitely needs to work on his body though pretty skinny but then that is to be expected being 6'9 - A poor mans Brandon Miller?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not bad. Wasn’t sure before because I thought I thought he was nothing more than a 3 pt chucker but maybe his offensive game has more layers than that
    He was known in High School for his mid range game but I think his game changes to what the offense they run and what sets there coach wants. One thing he is a good player as he was rated the 9th best prospect of incoming Freshmen so it's not all fluke to what he is doing. I think his only concerns is finishing at the rim he gets easily bounced as he is so skinny and he does not have the ability to beat his man with a quick first step -

A couple of things that I like he can shoot and he can rebound two things this team really needs more of - Just to note we are currently the 4th worse REBOUNDING team right now if we did not have Poetl we would easily be the NBA's worst rebound team hands down

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not bad he has potential he is averaging 15pts to go with 7 rebounds not bad he can hit the 3 ball pretty good - named AAC Freshmen of the Week in 4th strait week - I am thinking mid to late second round pick he definitely needs to work on his body though pretty skinny but then that is to be expected being 6'9 - A poor mans Brandon Miller?
    His advanced stats are really good. He’s beginning to get buzz as a first rounder.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he continues to play like this he's a first round for sure, averaging nearly 2 block also. Don't know him too much before i saw his name here, thanks to exastic. Good player with a big potential, was 46 of the RSCI top 100 in 2022.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Andre Jackson Jr.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kris Murray- As I've been looking at players outside the top 10 he flashes a little bit. Obviously it's hard not to see Keegan when I watch him so I end up questioning myself...am I giving him credit for what Keegan did (or is doing now) or evaluating him on his own merit.

What do you guys that have watched him think?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An update ( Knowing the Spurs will probably draft from 1 to 7-8 depending on the lottery) about some recent performances by potential top 10 rookies :

Keyonte Georges(PG/SG- 6-4, 185lb- Yesterday vs WVU)

George is a pure talent, he is a little small and not explosive but he's a baller. Can play some point. The % are not that good this year.

2022-2023 Stats : 16.5 pts 4.5 rbs 3.5 ast 1.3 stl 38% 33.6 % 3pt( 7.5 3PA/G) 83% FT ( 5 FTA/G)

Dariq Whitehead(SF- 6-7, 220lb )

Whitehead is for me the third best talent in this draft but coming from a foot injury, he is up to a slow start. He played 13 games and only 19 mpg but he starts to cook a little bit with 16 and 18 pts over the last two games. He's far from being in shape imo.

2022-2023 Stats : 9 pts in 20 minutes trough 13 games ( 35% at 3 with 4 3PA)

Cam Withmore( SF/PF- 6-7, 232lb)

I was not that high on Withmore at the start of the season but he looks to have the complete package : Can shoot, Ball handling ( not bad), Physical attributes ( Athletism, Big Body); can defend tough he is not good at shotblocking. One flaw in his game is his passing game.

2022-2023 Stats : 13 pts 5 rbs 1 stl 49% 32% 3pt ( 4 3PA/G) 83% FT

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brandon Miller ( SF- 6-9, 200lb)

Miller is maybe the best player right now between all the top 10 players in the NCAA. He's long , he's a really good shooter and he can rebound well. Right now he'll have some difficulties finishing at the rim. Not a bad defender averaging nearly one steal and one block.
    He's one year older than other top prospects except the Thompson's twins.

2022-2023 Stats : 18.8 pts 8.2 rbs 2 ast 0.8 stl 0.9 blk 44% 44.5% 3PT 5( 7 3PA/G) 83% FT ( 5 FTA/G)

Nick Smith Jr.(PG/SG- 6-5, 185lb)

I really like Nick Smith, after Scoot Wemby and Whithead ( college version lol), he's probably my guy. There's some rumors that he'll probably shut it down this year ( he's a Klutch player ).
    Like George or Miller he's not a good finisher at the rim lacking some physicality but he's quick, can shoot with a good IQ. Lot of potential.

2022-2023 Stats : 13 pts 2 ast 2 rebs 39% 30% 3 pt in 5 games

GG Jackson( PF- 6-9,
    215lb)

High ceilling player but a lot of things to work on. He just turned 18.

2022-2023 Stats : 15.8 pts 6.8 rbs 0.8 stl 0.8 bl 41.2% 33.8 3pt%( 5 3PA/G) 63.5 % FT

Thread Information