Page 58 of 90 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2228
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You scouted TJ-D out weeks ago. Love the Clarke comps. Especially these past 2 Indiana games I like enough of what I see. , He might vault ahead of #33 with these performances.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jarace high school stuff is Bam like and is having a good tournament. Establishing himself as the favorite at 4. Outside of the top 4 is where the draft starts. Your evaluating OTE guys ; players with below average seasons like Whitmore, Nick and Keyonte ; finding offensive upside in defense first players in Black, Cason and Hendricks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You scouted TJ-D out weeks ago. Love the Clarke comps. Especially these past 2 Indiana games I like enough of what I see. , He might vault ahead of #33 with these performances.
    His numbers aren’t in Clarkes neighborhood. If you don’t believe me, do a player compare on TaT.

Clarke was his own kind of alien, and even he’s struggled for consistent NBA minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s 6’7” and will be 19 when drafted. Derrick was 23. It makes a difference when you get them that much younger.
    It’s all prospective though. Black isn’t the player White was come draft day, but he’s taller and younger… so maybe he’ll end up better?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Miller + (Black, Amen, or NSJ) or KJ + Scoot

That's an interesting proposition. I think I'd go KJ + Scoot..
    I’d take option one ten times out of ten personally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s all prospective though. Black isn’t the player White was come draft day, but he’s taller and younger… so maybe he’ll end up better?
    He really only needs his shot fixed, and if you look at advanced stats, he’s better defensively, higher FTA rate (aggression) and dished more dimes. As I pointed out, white was TWENTY THREE on draft day. You would expect him to be better than a freshman, after multiple seasons. Drafting 19 YO on potential isn’t new ground. I’m not inventing this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're acting like White isn't a good player.

He'd still be on the team if his contract wasn't what it is.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dunno what Black path to an all star or a 20 point scorer is at this point, all Wright picks have that even if they are considered role players in college.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dunno what Black path to an all star or a 20 point scorer is at this point, all Wright picks have that even if they are considered role players in college.
    He's low usage, about 21, but an efficient scorer. Increase his usage, eventually, once he becomes accustomed to the NBA. Usually happens in year 3 here.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's low usage, about 21, but an efficient scorer. Increase his usage, eventually, once he becomes accustomed to the NBA. Usually happens in year 3 here.
    Why is he considered an efficient scorer?

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No top 10 pick is returning and risking injury..
    Haliburton did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hali was probably just a FRP, not a top 10 prospect, but he is an example of a guy with not eye popping freshman numbers making good. It’s interesting that both he and Vassell returned to school, and even at 10 and 11, were two of the best picks in that awful draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're acting like White isn't a good player.

He'd still be on the team if his contract wasn't what it is.
    100%. And you'll see that I even state I still like Black (ideally paired with another pick) if we don't land Wemby or Miller.

I'm merely pointing out that Black is of similar mold to a player we picked at 29 and then later traded for #24 + a swap + what become four SRPs. Him being top 10 in this draft says less about Black than it does about the draft (as you've pointed out).

Not related to anything, but I also find the juxtaposition of names (Black/White) interesting. Like the two combine to complete a yin/yang, complete object.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll be honest, I have not really researched anyone but Wemby/Scoot/Miller. I won’t do that until we know where we draft…I dont even want to put it out in the universe that SA gets pick 4+

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He really only needs his shot fixed, and if you look at advanced stats, he’s better defensively, higher FTA rate (aggression) and dished more dimes. As I pointed out, white was TWENTY THREE on draft day. You would expect him to be better than a freshman, after multiple seasons. Drafting 19 YO on potential isn’t new ground. I’m not inventing this.
    Man, I don't know if you know this, but the universe does not actually revolve around you and it is possible for people to have conversations without you perceiving some imaginary slight against whatever fiefdom you've built up in your mom's basement, but put down the hot pockets and contemplate for a moment that this isn't about some virtual battle to see who controls the Spurs fan board corner of the internet. Yes... drafting 19 year olds is a thing... no you didn't invent this... but it is still entirely possible that Black does not develop into as good a player as Derrick White. It's also completely reasonable to point out that we're discussing using a top 10 pick on a player who fits the archetype of the player we just traded for a late FRP.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I don't know if you know this, but the universe does not actually revolve around you and it is possible for people to have conversations without you perceiving some imaginary slight against whatever fiefdom you've built up in your mom's basement, but put down the hot pockets and contemplate for a moment that this isn't about some virtual battle to see who controls the Spurs fan board corner of the internet. Yes... drafting 19 year olds is a thing... no you didn't invent this... but it is still entirely possible that Black does not develop into as good a player as Derrick White. It's also completely reasonable to point out that we're discussing using a top 10 pick on a player who fits the archetype of the player we just traded for a late FRP.
    I think Black and Sochan are similar so no argument there. But they’re different enough that they can easily coexist if not thrive off each other. I certainly don’t think that they’re redundant enough that we’d need to choose one or the other.

With that said I’d like a more offensive oriented player first but I’m high on Black regardless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Black and Sochan are similar so no argument there. But they’re different enough that they can easily coexist if not thrive off each other. I certainly don’t think that they’re redundant enough that we’d need to choose one or the other.

With that said I’d like a more offensive oriented player first but I’m high on Black regardless.
    Agreed. With their high IQ, passing, and cutting, they can feed off each other and thrive, as long as they're surrounded with good shooters to provide spacing and at least one more player who can attack the basket. If that's the case, I think they'd be great together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tankathon, a board I consider pretty vanilla and consensus driven, has Black at #9 on their Big Board, and going #8 on their mock. TaT still has both Thompsons in the Top 5. Dean on Draft, a board I consider quite Quixotic, has Black in a tier from 3-7. He has do not draft grades on the Thompsons. Wildly differing viewpoints, but they both have Black in the Top 10. I guess they live in their mom's basement, and subsist on Hot Pockets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, and no Top 10 pick has ever failed to live up to expectations. If some websites list him in the Top 10, there is no possible way he fails to live up to expectations.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm assuming Black and Sochan can grow into that role, especially since Pop is ALREADY trying that with Sochan alone. Plus you have Tre, Branham, and KJ off the bench.
    Sochan and Black together wouldn't be a problem if surrounded by 3 apt shooters, which is where Miller, Vassell (and say, Collins) would come in. For the time being I don't see it being a problem, but if it doesn't work out, then you can always make your moves later on. Worth a shot IMO.
    Pop was experimenting with Sochan in a point forward-like role at times mostly by default. Between the Primo release and Graham acquisition, they had no secondary primary ball handler (not that Primo was that, but they were attempting to shoe-horn him into it).

Even if Sochan becomes the next Siakam, an offense led by him would equal a treadmill team, while Black looks like a "connector" type.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop was experimenting with Sochan in a point forward-like role at times mostly by default. Between the Primo release and Graham acquisition, they had no secondary primary ball handler (not that Primo was that, but they were attempting to shoe-horn him into it).

Even if Sochan becomes the next Siakam, an offense led by him would equal a treadmill team, while Black looks like a "connector" type.
    The Spurs, at least under Popovich, doesn't really need an incredible playmaker to start things going. Parker was a first lass ballhandler and put enormous pressure on the rim, but once a player gets things in motion the system works on its own.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming we don't get the Unicorn or Scoot--and we take Miller based on his word he'll be good--could Miller replace Sochan or Kendall? He seems to have some skills and physical attributes that could make that work at either position.

I guess it would depend on your analysis of the relative value of both players. I'm guessing most of ST would prefer to give Kendall the demotion--but he continues to be our best scorer, way better than Sochan.

I'm beginning to wonder if all the Sochan hype is just whistling through the grave yard because he was taken so high in the draft and we are rating him higher than he deserves. Can you see him starting at that position on any of the teams that are above .500 in the standings??

So back to the question: If we draft Miller, does he replace Sochan or Kendall. ????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming we don't get the Unicorn or Scoot--and we take Miller based on his word he'll be good--could Miller replace Sochan or Kendall? He seems to have some skills and physical attributes that could make that work at either position.

I guess it would depend on your analysis of the relative value of both players. I'm guessing most of ST would prefer to give Kendall the demotion--but he continues to be our best scorer, way better than Sochan.

I'm beginning to wonder if all the Sochan hype is just whistling through the grave yard because he was taken so high in the draft and we are rating him higher than he deserves. Can you see him starting at that position on any of the teams that are above .500 in the standings??

So back to the question: If we draft Miller, does he replace Sochan or Kendall. ????
    Who’s Kendall?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tankathon, a board I consider pretty vanilla and consensus driven, has Black at #9 on their Big Board, and going #8 on their mock. TaT still has both Thompsons in the Top 5. Dean on Draft, a board I consider quite Quixotic, has Black in a tier from 3-7. He has do not draft grades on the Thompsons. Wildly differing viewpoints, but they both have Black in the Top 10. I guess they live in their mom's basement, and subsist on Hot Pockets.
    A+ for sneaking in "Quixotic" in a basketball thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop's affinity for old vets, didn't you hear, we signed Kendall Gill.

Thread Information