Page 6 of 90 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the method of ranking Spurs players is easy, yet nobody here uses it: Name one starting PG worse than Tre Jones? Exactly, there is none. He's a bench player and even then he's not the best at his position. Argument done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the method of ranking Spurs players is easy, yet nobody here uses it: Name one starting PG worse than Tre Jones? Exactly, there is none. He's a bench player and even then he's not the best at his position. Argument done.
    Monte Morris

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suggs, Giddey, Ayo. Maybe Bev and Monte.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m trying to keep my eyes open for prospects who have such oozing talent that other players will gravitate around them, which is something you should expect if you’re drafting at the top. I think GG Jackson is becoming one of those players the more I watch. Whitehead is disappointing so far. Nothing eye popping from Keyonte yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whitehead is disappointing so far.
    Super early big board in tiers:

Tier 1
    -Wemba

Tier 2
    -Cason Wallace
    -Scoot
    -Dariq Whitehead

Tier 3
    -Rayan Rupert
    -GG Jackson
    -Brandon Miller
    -Keyonte George

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t believe I have to write this but here goes:

Context #1: older post was made six days ago. Whitehead has played 2 or 3? games since then that I’ve tuned into. In those two or three games, he’s been pulled from the game from boneheaded mistakes on offense and defense. Hence why I say he’s been unimpressive.

Context #2: “Super early big board”

Context #3: there were aspects about Whitehead that made him a tier above the rest (such as high school tape) initially. Obviously, if he can’t perform against better compe ion then that causes him to drop over time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t believe I have to write this but here goes:

Context #1: older post was made six days ago. Whitehead has played 2 or 3? games since then that I’ve tuned into. In those two or three games, he’s been pulled from the game from boneheaded mistakes on offense and defense. Hence why I say he’s been unimpressive.

Context #2: “Super early big board”

Context #3: there were aspects about Whitehead that made him a tier above the rest (such as high school tape) initially. Obviously, if he can’t perform against better compe ion then that causes him to drop over time.
    Yep...that BB will change 50 times between now and the draft...that's just common sense...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching GG right now and he’s looking like the Banchero/ unicorn player of this draft. More upside as a perimeter defender as he looks more natural doing that than Banchero, but less vision as a passer. His teammates are awful and they’re not respecting GG enough as the best player on the floor. Probably because he’s a freshman. They need to pass it to him on every play tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dillon Mitc from Texas. Dude has some hops. He's in the top 10 but not in the top 5 yet. Who knows where the spurs will land in the draft but if its in the 5 - 10 range, Mitc would be a decent choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is so preliminary still. we are all going to change up the tiers a million times between now and the draft.

Posters need to be able to think out loud without being nailed to that opinion as things shift.

Love all the thoughts so far, even the rebukes. But it's def going to be one of those threads with more projection and tentative looks. I'm already bailing on a few myself lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m trying to keep my eyes open for prospects who have such oozing talent that other players will gravitate around them, which is something you should expect if you’re drafting at the top. I think GG Jackson is becoming one of those players the more I watch. Whitehead is disappointing so far. Nothing eye popping from Keyonte yet.
    Yeah, GG definitely has that twitch he is pretty dang athletic and who knows he is only 17 years old so me may grow and be taller then 6'9 - the only thing is his wingspan I think it's either just 6'9 or 6'10. I said it before I am not touching Whitehead because of his broken foot and I don't want to deal with NO more players with foot issues..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dillon Mitc from Texas. Dude has some hops. He's in the top 10 but not in the top 5 yet. Who knows where the spurs will land in the draft but if its in the 5 - 10 range, Mitc would be a decent choice.
    Kind of getting vibes of Kendall Brown when watching him

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is so preliminary still. we are all going to change up the tiers a million times between now and the draft.

Posters need to be able to think out loud without being nailed to that opinion as things shift.

Love all the thoughts so far, even the rebukes. But it's def going to be one of those threads with more projection and tentative looks. I'm already bailing on a few myself lol
    Yeah, a lot is going to play out with how they show the ability to hit the 3 ball for any guard or wing....I have to say Henderson may not be a lock for second because of that..

Henderson - 11 games - 3PT - .174 (.4-2.1) - FT .778 (2.5-3.3) - Terrible 3 ball..
    K. George - 4 games - 3PT - .324 (2.4-7.4) - FT .800 (2.4-3.0)
    C. Wallace - 4 games - 3PT - .533 (1.6-3.0) - FT .625 (1.0-1.6)
    A. Black - 4 games - 3PT - .385 (1.3-3.3) - FT .818 (2.7-3.3)

Biggest question for me is Amen Thompson shooting?

And still need to see Cam Whitmore and Nick Smith play as they both have been injured Cam with thumb and Nick with knee both are were studs in High School..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for that data yeah shooting will be interesting to watch develop over the season

Tracking A. Black and he is fascinating and but ultimately low efficiency and streaky. Wondering if missing NSJ makes the heat fall on Anthony Black too much right now. Smith did travel to Maui but it sounds like he hasn't even done 1 full practice yet and still "day to day"

I'm back to the drawing board but there is still a lot of time for things to gel for certain players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Monte Morris yes. Ayo got a slightly worse statline, but he's their back up. He's only starting cause Lonzo is still out. Suggs averages slightly more points, while Tre averages more assists, so I'd say they equal. Ayo and Suggs are better defenders though. Giddey is way better than Tre.
    Last edited by RC_Drunkford; 11-26-2022 at 07:24 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching GG right now and he’s looking like the Banchero/ unicorn player of this draft. More upside as a perimeter defender as he looks more natural doing that than Banchero, but less vision as a passer. His teammates are awful and they’re not respecting GG enough as the best player on the floor. Probably because he’s a freshman. They need to pass it to him on every play tbh
    he been on my radar since last year. Very promising PF. Young, high character and has an NBA body already

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayo and Suggs are better defenders though.
    nope

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just noticed an update on Tankathon Big Board:

3. Amen Thompson PG/SG
    4. Nick Smith PG/SG
    5. Brandon Miller SF - Dude flew up the board
    6. Cam Whitmore SF/PF
    7. Ausur Thompson SG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have Brandon Miller in my top 3.

Next tier : Nick Smith, Amen, Keyonte, GG Jackson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Smart take, my friend, along with the self-deprecatory comment that makes you a credible poster IMHO for the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.si.com/nba/draft/.amp/pr...-cason-wallace

great article on Cason

sounds like the pg version of Sochan
    Some interesting vids out on the net on this kid already, One of the more interestugg was one which showcased Cason (4 star) vs. George (5 star) (434) Does Their Ranking Hold Up? 5 STAR Keyonte George VS 4 STAR Cason Wallace - YouTube

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suggs would likely be the nominal SG if Fultz were healthy, and the latter would share lead initiator with Banchero.

Gilgeous-Alexander is the nominal PG and lead initiator.

Dosunmu is a backup/combo guard filling in for injured Ball and DeRozan is lead initiator.

Beverley was nominal PG likely because Schroder was out. In either case, James is lead initiator.

Morris has started slow but has enough of a track record that indicates he's better and Beal is more so lead initiator.

Thanks for that data yeah shooting will be interesting to watch develop over the season

Tracking A. Black and he is fascinating and but ultimately low efficiency and streaky. Wondering if missing NSJ makes the heat fall on Anthony Black too much right now. Smith did travel to Maui but it sounds like he hasn't even done 1 full practice yet and still "day to day"

I'm back to the drawing board but there is still a lot of time for things to gel for certain players.
    When they end up with the inevitable disappointing 4th-6th pick, I suspect he'll be a serious candidate for all the obvious reasons.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nick Smith finally played after a knee injury - he played a couple of minutes against UNC still need a few more games to see what he is about. Does anyone know what kind of injury he suffered I looked it up but it is all vague of what he had and going through....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nick Smith finally played after a knee injury - he played a couple of minutes against UNC still need a few more games to see what he is about. Does anyone know what kind of injury he suffered I looked it up but it is all vague of what he had and going through....
    Well if he’s playing, you can rule out a ligament tear, which leaves a mild sprain, meniscus tear, or bone bruise. Take your pick, since it doesn’t seem that they’re being very forthcoming.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't matter to you at all, but I've told friends that GG Jackson is my pick to climb the draft board this year. Talent + age + he will have amassed a highlight reel by end of season. His measurements might not wow, but otherwise he's a climber.

Thread Information