Page 7 of 90 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need a to play shooting Guard and Kansas has a freshman at 6'8" who is lighting it up on 3s. Just sayin '

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m trying to keep my eyes open for prospects who have such oozing talent that other players will gravitate around them, which is something you should expect if you’re drafting at the top. I think GG Jackson is becoming one of those players the more I watch. Whitehead is disappointing so far. Nothing eye popping from Keyonte yet.
    whitehead hasn't shown me anything either but he's just coming back from injury so we'll see. i think the same may hold true for nick smith. GG has already made it into some mock drafts so he is rising.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nick Smith had a very good game considering it was his second game of the season - 20+ minutes to go with 16pts, 3 -5 from three...Arkansas has a really fun team to watch ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh… Cam Whitmore looks special from the first game I’ve seen from him. Another prospect that looks the part.

Tier 1
    Wemba

Tier 2
    Cam Whitmore
    GG Jackson
    Scoot Henderson

Tier 3
    Cason Wallace
    Keyonte George
    Nick Smith Jr

Tier 4
    Anthony Black
    Brandon Miller

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh… Cam Whitmore looks special from the first game I’ve seen from him. Another prospect that looks the part.

Tier 1
    Wemba

Tier 2
    Cam Whitmore
    GG Jackson
    Scoot Henderson

Tier 3
    Cason Wallace
    Keyonte George
    Nick Smith Jr

Tier 4
    Anthony Black
    Brandon Miller
    It's so early and fluid but until more data (film) is available my top two tiers look like:

Tier 1
    Wembanyama

Tier 2
    Scoot
    Amen
    Whitmore
    Smith

If I had a 3rd tier right now it'd probably be the balance of the guys you listed plus Asur and maybe Miller and Walker.

My biggest takeaway though is that after the first pick anything in the top 5 is better than last year's first in my opinion and furthermore anything in the top 10 to 12 is way better than most drafts. If I'm SA I'm doing everything I can to get a 2nd pick in the top 10 to go with my own.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's so early and fluid but until more data (film) is available my top two tiers look like:

Tier 1
    Wembanyama

Tier 2
    Scoot
    Amen
    Whitmore
    Smith

If I had a 3rd tier right now it'd probably be the balance of the guys you listed plus Asur and maybe Miller and Walker.

My biggest takeaway though is that after the first pick anything in the top 5 is better than last year's first in my opinion and furthermore anything in the top 10 to 12 is way better than most drafts. If I'm SA I'm doing everything I can to get a 2nd pick in the top 10 to go with my own.
    Yeah, I like your order as of right now barring any major breaks I think that is what it will look like come draft night - Though Miller, GG, and Asur could make there way into that Tier 2nd ranking. Now for all you mock draft junkies I am curious to see if we where to lets say get 2nd or 3rd pick who would be your guy?

Scoot - A very good athlete is NBA ready and can run the team on day one - Only downside is his 3 ball is terrible right and his free throw % not great. But he is still so young and has high level experience as G League he is playing against other draft picks and 24 and 25 year old men

Amen - I have to say this is going to be all on Spurs shooting coaches and scouts - The dude is easily top 5 most athletic player in the draft which is saying something. He might just be a "Deer" but he does show that he can handle the rock decently and shows some nice play making ability and some sick passing. One main concern is the same with Scoot he is a terrible 3 point shooter but he is a pretty good free throw shooter and maybe some hope. I would have to say he is a more athletic version of Murray with better handles and better court vision

Whitmore - Is a man among boys he is either 6'7 or 6'8 and he is a sold 230 pounds of muscle and he is also in the top 5 most athletic players in the draft. I saw one comparison that basically said he is a much better Keldon Johnson - better handles, and shooting, and much better finisher at the rim. He like Scoot is NBA ready and would be our starting SF from day one and could also move to the 4 when we play Sochan at the 5

Smith - He has only played two games this season but he looks like he could be special he can play with the ball or off the ball depending on what you need. He is a polished shooter and has excellent form as a shooter definitely can help a team get buckets and seems to have a very high ball IQ. He is not NBA ready as he is still kind of skinny he will need to bulk up a little to handle the NBA

To be honest I can't pick one of those guys over the other right now but all 4 of those guys I would love to be on my team
    Last edited by BackHome; 12-04-2022 at 02:57 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I like your order as of right now barring any major breaks I think that is what it will look like come draft night - Though Miller, GG, and Asur could make there way into that Tier 2nd ranking. Now for all you mock draft junkies I am curious to see if we where to lets say get 2nd or 3rd pick who would be your guy?

Scoot - A very good athlete is NBA ready and can run the team on day one - Only downside is his 3 ball is terrible right and his free throw % not great. But he is still so young and has high level experience as G League he is playing against other draft picks and 24 and 25 year old men

Amen - I have to say this is going to be all on Spurs shooting coaches and scouts - The dude is easily top 5 most athletic player in the draft which is saying something. He might just be a "Deer" but he does show that he can handle the rock decently and shows some nice play making ability and some sick passing. One main concern is the same with Scoot he is a terrible 3 point shooter but he is a pretty good free throw shooter and maybe some hope. I would have to say he is a more athletic version of Murray with better handles and better court vision

Whitmore - Is a man among boys he is either 6'7 or 6'8 and he is a sold 230 pounds of muscle and he is also in the top 5 most athletic players in the draft. I saw one comparison that basically said he is a much better Keldon Johnson - better handles, and shooting, and much better finisher at the rim. He like Scoot is NBA ready and would be our starting SF from day one and could also move to the 4 when we play Sochan at the 5

Smith - He has only played two games this season but he looks like he could be special he can play with the ball or off the ball depending on what you need. He is a polished shooter and has excellent form as a shooter definitely can help a team get buckets and seems to have a very high ball IQ. He is not NBA ready as he is still kind of skinny he will need to bulk up a little to handle the NBA

To be honest I can't pick one of those guys over the other right now but all 4 of those guys I would love to be on my team
    Whitmore (if he keeps improving) is a dynamic wing. A rare kind where you don’t have to hope he develops handles, shooting, or defense. Players with that height, skill, and athleticism are no brainer picks. The main thing for me is he has guard-like handles as a 6’6” player and so he can be that go-to guy down the stretch. Having handles is usually the key to s om, IMO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If we're at 2 currently I'd go Scoot... if we're at 3 I'd go Smith or Amen and I'm not sure which one right now.... Dejounte makes a good argument for Whitmore... but for me I'd go with one of the tier 2 guys that could play the PG spot... that said, if Whitmore looks like a truly 'special' player at the end of the season then I'd pivot and take him at either 2 or 3.... in that scenario I would explore Keldons value and see if I could pick up another top 10 pick to get us a PG of the future...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting read, don't have the time right now to follow that many prospects, but will do come February - March. Hopefully it's Wemby, but even if not we'll have a real shot at a top tier talent to build on.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, obviously would love Wemb.. but I am not going to be crying as long as we land in the top 3 of the draft. People think that if we get Wemb. we are going to be competing for a ring the next year are going to be very disappointed. Even if we do get the first pick it will still be a three year rebuild at best. If we stay in the top 3 I think we could be in a 4 to 6 year where we we can be serious about competing for another ring.

Either way with what ever pick we get I hope we strike Gold and we obviously need another high ranking pick the following year as we need a HUGE upgrade in talent. You know if we do stay in the top 3 of the draft and don't give away our second round pick we have a very good chance of getting someone pretty darn good as this draft is very deep. It is looking really nice in the 30 -36 rounds...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, obviously would love Wemb.. but I am not going to be crying as long as we land in the top 3 of the draft. People think that if we get Wemb. we are going to be competing for a ring the next year are going to be very disappointed. Even if we do get the first pick it will still be a three year rebuild at best. If we stay in the top 3 I think we could be in a 4 to 6 year where we we can be serious about competing for another ring.

Either way with what ever pick we get I hope we strike Gold and we obviously need another high ranking pick the following year as we need a HUGE upgrade in talent. You know if we do stay in the top 3 of the draft and don't give away our second round pick we have a very good chance of getting someone pretty darn good as this draft is very deep. It is looking really nice in the 30 -36 rounds...
    I don't think anybody believes we're competing for a championship in year 1 if we get Wembanyama...but we expect to be competing for championships much of his career after he finishes developing ..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think anybody believes we're competing for a championship in year 1 if we get Wembanyama...but we expect to be competing for championships much of his career after he finishes developing ..
    I think whoever gets him could be in a predicament similar to what's happening with Dallas.
    He will get too good, too soon for them to tank anymore and then he'll be the lone star on a team not good enough to contend.
    We've got a way better situation than Dallas did, but if Victor is even close to being as good as advertised, we'll be back in play-in spots in no time.

Anyhow, regardless of lottery, we need the best player available. Position doesn't matter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think whoever gets him could be in a predicament similar to what's happening with Dallas.
    He will get too good, too soon for them to tank anymore and then he'll be the lone star on a team not good enough to contend.
    We've got a way better situation than Dallas did, but if Victor is even close to being as good as advertised, we'll be back in play-in spots in no time.

Anyhow, regardless of lottery, we need the best player available. Position doesn't matter.
    I categorize that as 'A problem we'd love to have'..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dallas’s problem isn’t that Luka is too good, their problem is that Luka is Luka. He plays hero ball 24/7/365. Someone needs to sit him down, go over Jordan’s stat sheet, and point to the dip in numbers where he started winning.

DeRozan led us to the play in. DJ led us to the play in. If Wemby is “too good” he’ll take us far beyond that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas’s problem isn’t that Luka is too good, their problem is that Luka is Luka. He plays hero ball 24/7/365. Someone needs to sit him down, go over Jordan’s stat sheet, and point to the dip in numbers where he started winning.

DeRozan led us to the play in. DJ led us to the play in. If Wemby is “too good” he’ll take us far beyond that.
    I watched them against Detroit the other night.
    Pistons started trapping Luka as soon as he crossed halfway line and his teammates literally couldn't score 4v3.
    Luka is definitely a ballhog, but their roster is trash for a playoff team.

Demar had a way better roster, last season we got in becuase noone else wanted to.
    Anyhow, if we strike gold with Victor or another potential superstar, there are plenty of assets to upgrade the roster and plenty of young guys who can develop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tier 1
    Wemba

Tier 2
    Cam Whitmore
    GG Jackson
    Scoot Henderson

Tier 3
    Cason Wallace
    Keyonte George
    Nick Smith Jr

Tier 4
    Anthony Black
    Brandon Miller

i've been looking forward to his return. he had quite a summer and i think he will vie for being the 1st college player selected in the draft.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have shown they can find serviceable starters (and even a few all-stars) drafting late in the 1st. It's the franchise player that you (mostly) need a high draft pick for. Once we have that player, I'm confident in the FO to surround him with enough talent without having to continue the tank (and using whatever natural draft spots we end up with each year).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The good thing is that if we draft in top 4 that means we also drafting in top 4 of second round and YES they are some really good players in that range in this draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cam Whitmore with a big game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cam Whitmore with a big game.
    he's still a bit rusty, as seen in his 2 for 7 shooting from three point range but he found other ways to score and his defense was legit. once he gets his legs back, he's gonna put up some gaudy numbers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I really think that GG's potential is hiigh. Smith and George could fit well in SA if we don't have a top 2-3 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I really think that GG's potential is hiigh. Smith and George could fit well in SA if we don't have a top 2-3 pick.
    Smith looks like the kind of player DJM developed into.

Nice body control by George.

GG reminds me of Jaren Jackson Jr? Am I off base there?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smith looks like the kind of player DJM developed into.

Nice body control by George.

GG reminds me of Jaren Jackson Jr? Am I off base there?
    Yes GG could be something like JJJ, a four who can shoot the ball well. Maybe a poor version of KG ( don't think i'll will ever be something like KG lol). The guy still only 17 yrs old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good lord Nick Smith Jr. looks so special in that tape. Great share thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes GG could be something like JJJ, a four who can shoot the ball well. Maybe a poor version of KG ( don't think i'll will ever be something like KG lol). The guy still only 17 yrs old.
    The league is littered with bigs who can shoot the ball. JJJ can shoot, rebound, pass, create his own shot, and block shots. There’s a reason he was called a unicorn,

Thread Information