Page 63 of 90 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2228
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the NBA G league is tougher compe ion than what he would have faced in in college, and the B athleticism grade is ridiculous you’re reaching on that. He comes into the NBA and is probably the 2nd most athletic guard after Ja Morant.
    Not only that but the 3 pt line is the same as it is in the NBA.

here’s something I read recently:

I think people are also forgetting that Scoot is shooting 32% from the NBA 3P line, while all these college and international prospects are shooting from 2 feet closer. If you don't think it makes a big difference - go look at the difference in 3P% for all these "can he shoot?" Prospects between college and NBA. Cade shot 40% from 3 in college and was at 31% his rookie year. Suggs shot 33.5% in college, and 21% in the NBA.

It matters less for the elite 3P shooters, but it makes a big difference for guys on the fringe.”

a lot of guys on here are letting stats tell the whole story. Basketball is much more than stats.

ex, I will be looking at the terms of the deal soon.

not sure why folks here have convinced themselves so hard to downplay a prospect because they don’t approve of their path to the NBA.

in some cases, guys aren’t even being truthful about his performance. Somehow he’s “doing poor” statistically but he compares very well to past all star point guards before they were drafted.

a lot of guys are overthinking this. In fact, the same dude that was down on Giddey has the same exact reasons for being down on Scoot. Letting stats or size tell the story (they said Giddey has T Rex arms) and convinced themselves so hard that he would be no good.

don’t know why guys have to be so stubborn… and loud. Scoot’s feel for the game is next level but let’s settle for more mediocre looking guys like Black because the stats look somewhat efficient. Makes no sense.

and I’m fine with drafting Black if Scoot wasn’t available… but if he was? What a joke to even think about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the NBA G league is tougher compe ion than what he would have faced in in college, and the B athleticism grade is ridiculous you’re reaching on that. He comes into the NBA and is probably the 2nd most athletic guard after Ja Morant.
    College is much tougher than G-League. Far more compe ive, much better coaches, teams will actually gameplan against you. Not a single G-League game matters. Not a one. And so you're not prepared to go against incredibly hostile arenas. You don't have to figure out how to break a 10-2 run or being down by six with two minutes left to go and nothing's working. G-League cannot be compared to good college basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong. Gleague is a lower level of comp than the NCAA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus Hawk is automatic from 3
    I think dude's definitely lottery, maybe even gets into top 10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    College is much tougher than G-League. Far more compe ive, much better coaches, teams will actually gameplan against you. Not a single G-League game matters. Not a one. And so you're not prepared to go against incredibly hostile arenas. You don't have to figure out how to break a 10-2 run or being down by six with two minutes left to go and nothing's working. G-League cannot be compared to good college basketball.
    100% disagree with you on that lol guys in the g league are playing for their livelihoods, not to mention they are grown men. There’s a reason guys like Drew Timme never even see an NBA or G-league court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Let’s keep clinging to the boomer idea that college is an untouchable product for gauging draft prospects

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @exstastic- Same thing I just told Mr. Body, NBA G-league guys are competing for their livelihood. Most college players won’t ever even see an NBA or G-league court

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    100% disagree with you on that lol guys in the g league are playing for their livelihoods, not to mention they are grown men. There’s a reason guys like Drew Timme never even see an NBA or G-league court.
    I don't get why people don't understand that basketball isn't just two guys playing one-on-one.

Guys running up and down the court working on their skills and not caring about the score isn't helping a young player. This is so evident, it's not even debateable. But the ESPN crew and NBA wants you to believe otherwise. You can if you want. There's a reason none of the G-League kiddies are prepared for the big league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for bringing this guy up. He might be my Jalen Williams/ Franz/ Giddey type pick this year from initial impression. Guy moves like a good NBA player. Will have to watch some more. Obviously not a candidate for our top pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get why people don't understand that basketball isn't just two guys playing one-on-one.

Guys running up and down the court working on their skills and not caring about the score isn't helping a young player. This is so evident, it's not even debateable. But the ESPN crew and NBA wants you to believe otherwise. You can if you want. There's a reason none of the G-League kiddies are prepared for the big league.
    Nobody is disputing that lmao the spurs for years have sent their rookies to the g-league because you know what it’s GOOD COMPE ION FOR THEM! and right now you could say the current spurs play the right way, they share the ball, no selfishness, but guess what!?! You need highly talented guys that can get their own bucket to win now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s 29 gleague teams, and there are maybe that many players, not on 2 ways or NBA assignees, who might get a call up or a 10 day.

Drew Timme would instantly be the best gleague player, were he to sign a contract at the beginning of next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hawkins is projected to go late lottery to early 20s... we might be able to climb up into the mid 20s from our top 2nd rounder, but even then I think he's out of reach with our current picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    College basketball is horrible and massively overrated. 90% of this kids won't even turn professional. I was better than some of them on the floor (barely kidding). There's not one tournament game I've watched so far that remotely looked like BB. ed up rotations, teammates colliding all the time, barely any pick & roll (or decent one), barely any system completed, players not adapting then panicking, players out of position all the time, fumbles, bricks, airballs... The star is the Tournament and the Colleges but from a pure BB pov, that's unwatchable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s 29 gleague teams, and there are maybe that many players, not on 2 ways or NBA assignees, who might get a call up or a 10 day.

Drew Timme would instantly be the best gleague player, were he to sign a contract at the beginning of next season.
    Yeah except he wouldn’t be, probably doesn’t even get drafted Sandro Mamukelashvili and Charles Bassey played in G league this year and would destroy Timme lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    College basketball is horrible and massively overrated. 90% of this kids won't even turn professional. I was better than some of them on the floor (barely kidding). There's not one tournament game I've watched so far that remotely looked like BB. ed up rotations, teammates colliding all the time, barely any pick & roll (or decent one), barely any system completed, players not adapting then panicking, players out of position all the time, fumbles, bricks, airballs... The star is the Tournament and the Colleges but from a pure BB pov, that's unwatchable.
    Yeah, you guys keep missing the entire point, which is kind of hilarious.

Anyway, I can guarantee you that Scoot and the Thompson bros will need at least two years to even start getting how to play NBA team basketball. Every single guy who has come thru OTE or G-League straight outta high school has been the same, and I'll include the two dudes that hid away from college ball. Kuminga, Green, Dominic Barlow, Nix, Todd, Sharpe, Wiseman.

None of them were ready. You gotta learn how to play in a team environment first. And some of those guys will never get the reps in the NBA.

But it's okay -- Adam Silver looooooves that you think the G-League is great for high schoolers.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The gleague is a step up from college basketball. It's the minor league for the NBA.

A record 47 percent of players on NBA start-of-season rosters for 2022-23 had NBA G League experience.

No way college sends that % to the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think dude's definitely lottery, maybe even gets into top 10.
    Yeah pre-tourney I had him early 20s but these past few games have massively elevated his value and brand. Don't see him lasting out of the teens now and would not be surprised with a lottery pick granted back end of it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There's 352 NCAA men's division 1 teams. Also, some future NBA players play in the lower divisions as well... Players who end up in the G-league are typically college seniors (or have even more experience). The average NCAA team has less than 1 player who could make the G-League when he's playing for them (ie not when he's 25, 3 years after he graduated). Even Tournament teams have at most 2 guys who could make the G league actually playing for them...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn getting a lot of DAL pulling up into the top 5 on draft order sims now. Wonder if Cubes Pubes will make a sizable donation to the Silver Foundation charity this offseason for a worthy cause. Bout the only way the Mavs can add any players they are broke with limited plus assets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He chose to play in the gleague instead of college. He doesn’t get a pass for choosing a ty program, nor for failing to improve from year 1 to year 2. His athleticism, in NBA terms, is probably a B, leading to his crap finishing in a league virtually devoid of shot blockers.
    > crap finishing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn getting a lot of DAL pulling up into the top 5 on draft order sims now. Wonder if Cubes Pubes will make a sizable donation to the Silver Foundation charity this offseason for a worthy cause. Bout the only way the Mavs can add any players they are broke with limited plus assets.
    Yup, that may be the Mavs only realistic card to shake things over. Right now they're in a 3 way tie for 11th at 36 games each, while they owe the Knicks a top 10 protected '23 pick. This would give them a 7.2% chance of keeping the pick (jumping to top 4), and a 1.5% chance at Wemby.
    However, 9th place is at 35 wins, so a couple of games' difference would put them at a 96.9% chance of keeping the pick, a 20.2% chance of it being top 4, and 4.5% at Wemby. That's a HUGE leap whether they keep the pick or use it as trade bait, I don't know that there's a better tool at their disposal than that.
    If I'm them, one or two key starters get an injury for a few games (say the next 2 -Charlotte and Indiana- and the last 2 -Chicago and us-), and voilà... a high pick out of thin air.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, you guys keep missing the entire point, which is kind of hilarious.

Anyway, I can guarantee you that Scoot and the Thompson bros will need at least two years to even start getting how to play NBA team basketball. Every single guy who has come thru OTE or G-League straight outta high school has been the same, and I'll include the two dudes that hid away from college ball. Kuminga, Green, Dominic Barlow, Nix, Todd, Sharpe, Wiseman.

None of them were ready. You gotta learn how to play in a team environment first. And some of those guys will never get the reps in the NBA.

But it's okay -- Adam Silver looooooves that you think the G-League is great for high schoolers.
    I wasn't so much talking about the G League that about your affirmation that College "is much tougher, far more compe ive, much better coaches, teams will actually gameplan against you" which is simply not true... The level of College BB is terrible, wich isn't hard to understand since most of these College kids are scrubs, while G league are pro and drafted players... Game plan? These kids can't even know their spot or where they're supposed to go. It's a total mess, chaos. Remove the "College" or "Tournament" tags and nobody watches. That's the reason why outside of America barely anyone actually does, starting by NBA fans...

Coaches? How many made the NBA? The few respected College coaches who tried mostly badly failed... Team environment? Most teams are made to showcase their one or two "stars" for the NBA... And comparing young guys in G league or College doesn't really make sense if you consider NCAA long history and G league very short one as far as welcoming them is concerned. it's still fresh, but come back in 10 years and see how it goes... Anyway, put a College team and G league on the court and most of the time the G League wins (if not always).
    Last edited by JPB; 03-26-2023 at 12:27 PM.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems to be a player-team development vs level of compe ion debate between college and and G League, respectively. Here’s an idea, both leagues suck.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So true and you can add the NBA to that list - Ever since they went the way of the 3 ball and stoped the physical play of the game it has gotten hard to watch. I still can not believe you have NBA players who can’t dribble the ball or hit jump shots.

Thread Information