Page 71 of 90 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2228
    Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cam Whitmore:

Anyone here big on him? Barely know him yet. Brief and initial impression was he’s fairly similar to Keldon Johnson but with higher leaping and better potential on defense, but similar challenges with passing and playing on ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reading is fundamental. Not 4,5,10; 4 OR 5 (depending on where Orlando is) and 10
    I blame the font... My bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cam Whitmore:

Anyone here big on him? Barely know him yet. Brief and initial impression was he’s fairly similar to Keldon Johnson but with higher leaping and better potential on defense, but similar challenges with passing and playing on ball.
    I am. He's taller (1 or 2 inches) and much stronger and more athletic than Keldon. Tends to use his strength to bully his way to the rim, and he's got some crafty moves around the basket. He's usually described as playing "above the rim", and though he can dazzle you at times, his great footwork helps him get the job done. Good shooter, very young (18 y.o.), experienced (played for team USA). Much better defensive prospect. Sort of a 3/4 tweener, but probably more of an undersized 4 (looks more like 6'6" to me). The biggest concern for me is he doesn't seem to have a great IQ, can be a bit of a black hole and turns the ball over too much. But in context, with a smart team around him and a bit of time, I think he's probably one of the safest guys we can pick from 4 onwards, on top of having a truly high ceiling... I think he can be a several time all star. He's on my shortlist, surely at 4 or lower, and I'd even consider him before that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cam Whitmore:

I like him and believe there's potential for a star under spurs development program. Seems smoother and more talented than Keldon to me.. Some work to do but he's right there after Wemby and Miller* in my book.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I agree about better defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you draft him it does potentially put Keldon in the hot seat imho, but too soon to say.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cam Whitmore:

I am... #4 on my board and I'm tempted to move him to #3... He's a high ceiling athlete..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you draft him it does potentially put Keldon in the hot seat imho, but too soon to say.
    Although Keldon played a little bit better defense than I expected this year IMHO he is an energy guy off the bench for a contender. Depending on who you draft I think you look to sell high on Keldon sometime over the next couple of years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am... #4 on my board and I'm tempted to move him to #3... He's a high ceiling athlete..
    He definitely looks to have classic quick twitch, high leaping. But I’m trying to figure out his lateral quickness and agility, the less celebrated forms of athleticism if you know what I mean. Like, Sochan was considered “average” by some people, but is so agile and quick with his feet. I see that type of athleticism more useful.

Anyway, not saying Cam doesn’t have that. Still learning about him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He definitely looks to have classic quick twitch, high leaping. But I’m trying to figure out his lateral quickness and agility, the less celebrated forms of athleticism if you know what I mean. Like, Sochan was considered “average” by some people, but is so agile and quick with his feet. I see that type of athleticism more useful.

Anyway, not saying Cam doesn’t have that. Still learning about him.
    That's a legitimate question... I'm wondering if he's going to participate in agility drill at the combine or just do that individually for teams...if it's the latter I hope that leaks out..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great thoughts all. Really helps shape out the different possibilities. Let's see some top 3 picks in the event Wemby is gone, who are your next 3 wants for the Spurs lottery pick? Any updated top 3 targets for both 2RPs? Assume SA doesn't trade up/down, out or away, and picks all slots at their typical odds ranges.

Top 3 in the event Wemby is already gone when Spurs select their FRP:

(barring Brandon Miller for non-skills issues, ranked #1 if not for that)

1. Cam Whitmore
    2. Jarace Walker
    3. Taylor Hendricks

Targets for Spurs 2RPs

Top 3 SA 2RP:

1. Julian Strawther
    2. Trayce Jackson-Davis
    3. Kobe Bufkin

Top 3 TOR 2RP:

1. Andre Jackson Jr
    2. Coleman Hawkins
    3. Azuolas Tubelis

Looking for some input and concerns welcomed. Trying to determine those most realistic, most optimal outcomes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m still intrigued by Keyonte George, depending on our draft position. Love the skills and potential. But trying to figure out his bust potential. Is it the perceived lack of athleticism (like Johnny Davis), the poor decision making (like Dion Waiters so to speak)?

I guess part of me wonders if he and Amen are actually higher on the Spurs list than most would think. They need someone who can succeed with the ball and create. Just spitballing.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m still intrigued by Keyonte George, depending on our draft position. Love the skills and potential. But trying to figure out his bust potential. Is it the perceived lack of athleticism (like Johnny Davis), the poor decision making (like Dion Waiters so to speak)?

I guess part of me wonders if he and Amen are actually higher on the Spurs list than most would think. They need someone who can succeed with the ball and create. Just spitballing.
    Isn’t George older?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great thoughts all. Really helps shape out the different possibilities. Let's see some top 3 picks in the event Wemby is gone, who are your next 3 wants for the Spurs lottery pick? Any updated top 3 targets for both 2RPs? Assume SA doesn't trade up/down, out or away, and picks all slots at their typical odds ranges.

Top 3 in the event Wemby is already gone when Spurs select their FRP:

(barring Brandon Miller for non-skills issues, ranked #1 if not for that)

1. Cam Whitmore
    2. Jarace Walker
    3. Taylor Hendricks

Targets for Spurs 2RPs

Top 3 SA 2RP:

1. Julian Strawther
    2. Trayce Jackson-Davis
    3. Kobe Bufkin

Top 3 TOR 2RP:

1. Andre Jackson Jr
    2. Coleman Hawkins
    3. Azuolas Tubelis

Looking for some input and concerns welcomed. Trying to determine those most realistic, most optimal outcomes.
    I really like Bufkin for that 2nd round pick if he's available. I have him late 20's in the first.

If we don't get Wembanyama then I'm for Scoot at #2, after that it gets interesting. My next Tier is 3-9 so I'm highest on trying to get 2 picks in that range by trading down if we land at #3. Ideally I'd like to get a PG or someone who could project as a PG and a front court player. I see a lot of upside in the top 10 and a lot of risk after #2. I'm pretty excited about this draft and I'm ready to see the order... patience isn't my best attribute..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn’t George older?
    He was a freshman so I think 19?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like Bufkin for that 2nd round pick if he's available. I have him late 20's in the first.

If we don't get Wembanyama then I'm for Scoot at #2, after that it gets interesting. My next Tier is 3-9 so I'm highest on trying to get 2 picks in that range by trading down if we land at #3. Ideally I'd like to get a PG or someone who could project as a PG and a front court player. I see a lot of upside in the top 10 and a lot of risk after #2. I'm pretty excited about this draft and I'm ready to see the order... patience isn't my best attribute..
    I’d love two of: Black, Hendricks, Keyonte, Walker. But I’m wondering if lots of GMs are less enthused about a high pick as well, relatively speaking.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was a freshman so I think 19?
    I have him confused with someone else. I thought he was 22

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am. He's taller (1 or 2 inches) and much stronger and more athletic than Keldon. Tends to use his strength to bully his way to the rim, and he's got some crafty moves around the basket. He's usually described as playing "above the rim", and though he can dazzle you at times, his great footwork helps him get the job done. Good shooter, very young (18 y.o.), experienced (played for team USA). Much better defensive prospect. Sort of a 3/4 tweener, but probably more of an undersized 4 (looks more like 6'6" to me). The biggest concern for me is he doesn't seem to have a great IQ, can be a bit of a black hole and turns the ball over too much. But in context, with a smart team around him and a bit of time, I think he's probably one of the safest guys we can pick from 4 onwards, on top of having a truly high ceiling... I think he can be a several time all star. He's on my shortlist, surely at 4 or lower, and I'd even consider him before that.
    Pretty much agree with everything I was going to throw this question out there "Is Cam a PF or a SF" but I agree I think he is a tweener. As far as my impressions have said he is a much better Keldon which is not a bad thing to say as I like him as a player. The difference is that Cam is just way more athletic and WAY more explosive then Keldon as far as height in the beginning I was reading he is 6'7 but now I am seeing 6'6 so will see when it comes to combine numbers I have also seen wingspan is 7'0 which is good. He has a very high floor and some upside but he does need development, but the good thing is he is 18 years old so he has time to fix the bad habits and create good habits. I agree he is kind of a black whole when he has the ball but I think that is just being a Freshman and maybe trying to live up to his hype as he was highly recruited from his class. He is one of the players I would be happy with drafting if we don't get our Giraffe ....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d love two of: Black, Hendricks, Keyonte, Walker. But I’m wondering if lots of GMs are less enthused about a high pick as well, relatively speaking.
    Henderson and Amen are big names in the media just for selling program and selling tickets I would see more then a few GM's interested in taking them. The question is should we do it and what is a fair price for them and will be players we want be there when we pick latter?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much agree with everything I was going to throw this question out there "Is Cam a PF or a SF" but I agree I think he is a tweener. As far as my impressions have said he is a much better Keldon which is not a bad thing to say as I like him as a player. The difference is that Cam is just way more athletic and WAY more explosive then Keldon as far as height in the beginning I was reading he is 6'7 but now I am seeing 6'6 so will see when it comes to combine numbers I have also seen wingspan is 7'0 which is good. He has a very high floor and some upside but he does need development, but the good thing is he is 18 years old so he has time to fix the bad habits and create good habits. I agree he is kind of a black whole when he has the ball but I think that is just being a Freshman and maybe trying to live up to his hype as he was highly recruited from his class. He is one of the players I would be happy with drafting if we don't get our Giraffe ....
    The ballhandling is also more developped for Withmore tough in progress. My biggest concern are the assists numbers wich is very very low at 0.7 in 26 min( ouch) the blocks ( 0.3 wich is low for a PF) and the rebounds ( not a big concern but 5 rebounds for a guy with his physical attributes is not that good).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Complete players come by rarely in the draft. I would call them your generational players. If a prospect were to have weaknesses, I’d rather it be their assist or rebounding numbers than shooting or ball handling.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Complete players come by rarely in the draft. I would call them your generational players. If a prospect were to have weaknesses, I’d rather it be their assist or rebounding numbers than shooting or ball handling.
    Agreed but more about the rebounding, the assists could be a bad feel for the game. You can't teach that if that's the case imo.

For Withmore it could be linked with the fact that he played with a really bad team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think most GM's are very high on this draft and see it as very strong through the top 10. It's hard to say if anyone would give up two picks to move up though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need to watch some more recent tape, but highlights from mid-season of Cam gave me vibes of Nephew and Rudy Gay, which I'm all in for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My biggest concern are the assists numbers wich is very very low at 0.7 in 26 min( ouch) the blocks ( 0.3 wich is low for a PF) and the rebounds ( not a big concern but 5 rebounds for a guy with his physical attributes is not that good).
    Honestly, I think he's got somewhat of a tunnel vision. Often his turnovers come as a result of him tying to unreasonably force his way into the paint, only to find himself trapped and losing the ball. He won't be Sochan, but as long as he learns to recognize those situations and kick the ball out, that's enough.
    His ball handling isn't his strong suit, though. It's ok, but he overpowers opponents rather than dazzle them with skills. He's 18 though, he's not terrible and he can continue improving.
    Withmore largely fills the same role as Keldon, but with higher upside and better defense. In the short term, there's enough playing time for him, Keldon & Sochan not to create conflict. But long term, yes, Keldon would seem like the odd man out. Not a problem, though, you can't pass on better talent because you have a good player at a given spot.

Thread Information