My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Awesome action by the Spurs and Pop. Well needed.

Spurs practice, fair brings a bit of joy to Uvalde community (espn.com)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Monica Flores' eldest daughter is still understandably traumatized by the day's tragedy. Her daughter was in the fourth grade, the same classification as those who died. Her daughter's classroom was directly across the hall from the two adjoining rooms where the shooting took place.

"She has her moments, but we will never forget," Flores said. "Sudden hands, different people that look like the shooter -- she did see the shooter through her classroom window. She is terrified by people who look like him, not that she judges, but people have [similar looks] and it's just scary."

Flores' daughter is scared to leave her home. She is terrified of certain situations. But that was pushed aside for a few hours, thanks to the Spurs.

Flores' daughter eagerly anticipated Saturday afternoon once she heard the Spurs were coming to Uvalde just to see her and the other kids from Robb Elementary.

Dressed in the Manu Ginobili jersey her uncle purchased for her a few years ago, Flores' daughter and the crowd were surprised and delighted to see the Spurs' Hall of Fame guard in attendance. Now a special adviser with the Spurs, Ginobili spent the entire event signing autographs and taking pictures with those in attendance.

Flores' daughter sprinted directly for Ginobili at midcourt when it was her group's turn to take the court and meet the players.
    And just as hundreds of fans have done for more than a decade, Flores' daughter was beaming in delight as she posed with Ginobili.
    "I am so glad she got to experience this with Manu," Flores said.

Dk if this is Monica Flores daughter but same idea.
    Perhaps the local SA news will have more photos.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More coverage by KSAT and:

The festivities will continue on Oct. 9 when the Spurs will host 1,000 Uvalde residents as special guests at the AT&T Center for their match against the New Orleans Pelicans at 6 p.m.

Spurs practice with Uvalde CISD students, will host them as guests for Sunday’s game (ksat.com)

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good stuff, thanks for posting it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    solid move by the spurs and pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That community is reeling and this is huge. Thank you Spurs!

Thread Information