Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We might be less su ious of your motives had you started off in good faith by answering your own question.
    To allay your "su ions" I will be happy to discuss my personal experience. On a personal level I am down several hundred thousand in my 401K and stocks I own but don't plan to panic and sell. Business wise, I had to raise rates this year because of overhead cost increases and across the board raises for all employees to match inflation. So far it hasn't negatively impacted sales and for at least the next 6 months have enough work booked to be profitable. I do anticipate further across the board economic degradation in 2023 and will be holding cash in the company assuming customers will be tightening spending in the recession.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you may worry, but you post about it here approximately never when Rs hold the reins of power. trend of posting tells.
    I do consistently post about the dangers of inflation and federal debt , but you are too busy with your angry ankle biting to notice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do consistently post about the dangers of inflation and federal debt , but you are too busy with your angry ankle biting to notice.
    lol ok

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes i've been struggling and could use a little help, CC. had to sell our small business and car just to stay afloat. times are hard for me but i'm doing uber and selling plasma until I get bacc on my feet.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    yes i've been struggling and could use a little help, CC. had to sell our small business and car just to stay afloat. times are hard for me but i'm doing uber and selling plasma until I get bacc on my feet.
    lol fam

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To allay your "su ions" I will be happy to discuss my personal experience. On a personal level I am down several hundred thousand in my 401K and stocks I own but don't plan to panic and sell. Business wise, I had to raise rates this year because of overhead cost increases and across the board raises for all employees to match inflation. So far it hasn't negatively impacted sales and for at least the next 6 months have enough work booked to be profitable. I do anticipate further across the board economic degradation in 2023 and will be holding cash in the company assuming customers will be tightening spending in the recession.
    LOL. Cosmic Cowboy with his one employee that washes his junk cars before he sells them for $500 profit per car.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EMAIL
    ECONOMYU.S. ECONOMY
    U.S. Supplier Prices Increased in September, Maintaining Pressure on Inflation
    Producer-price index gains remain high but have eased from steep advances recorded earlier this year

The producer-price index can reflect price trends that eventually affect consumer-level inflation.
    PHOTO: AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE/GETTY IMAGES
    By Gabriel T. RubinFollow
    Updated Oct. 12, 2022 12:20 pm ET

SAVE

PRINT

TEXT

U.S. suppliers raised their prices in September after cutting them the prior two months, possibly indicating some inflation pressures are picking up again.

The producer-price index, which measures the prices that suppliers are charging businesses and other customers, rose a seasonally adjusted 0.4% last month compared with a revised 0.2% decrease in August, the Labor Department said on Wednesday. Higher food prices and home-heating costs drove the increase.

“Price pressures remain elevated and volatile, particularly for food and gas, given the ongoing war in Ukraine and ongoing supply chain disruptions,” said Matthew Martin, U.S. economist at Oxford Economics.

The PPI rose 8.5% in September from a year before, down from its 8.7% annual increase in August and 11.3% in June.

The so-called core PPI—which excludes the often volatile categories of food, energy and supplier margins—also climbed by 0.4% from a month earlier, an acceleration from the 0.2% rise in August. Core PPI increased 5.6% in September compared with a year ago, matching the August annual increase.

The PPI can reflect price trends that eventually affect consumer-level inflation, since businesses eventually pass on their costs, or savings, to consumers. An easing of producer-price increases could point to an eventual ebbing of consumer-price inflation, which is running close to a four-decade high.

Along with being a helpful tool for forecasting inflation, producer-price indexes are often used as the basis for automatic adjustments in supplier contracts. The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that trillions of dollars in long-term contracts are pegged to versions of the PPI.

NEWSLETTER SIGN-UP

Real Time Economics

The latest economic news, analysis and data curated weekdays by WSJ's Jeffrey Sparshott.

Preview

Subscribe
    Investors and the Federal Reserve are watching for signs that persistently high inflation is easing. U.S. consumer prices overall rose more slowly in August from a year earlier. But core prices, which exclude energy and food items, increased sharply from the prior month, showing that inflation pressures remained strong and stubborn.

Hiring lost some momentum in September, but remained strong, with the September unemployment rate of 3.5% matching half-century lows. Wage growth has begun to slow, with average hourly earnings rising 5% in September from a year before—still rapid but below August’s 5.2% pace and the slowest annual rate since December 2021.

Prices have begun to fall for some goods and services, including commodities, freight shipping and housing. Those declines have led some Fed watchers to warn that Fed officials risk tightening financial conditions more than necessary to tame inflation.

“Leading indicators of inflation and macroeconomic forces strongly point to lower inflation ahead,” said David Kelly, chief global strategist at J.P. Morgan Asset Management. “They could inflict an unnecessary recession on American families, while doing little to improve productivity or living standards.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. Cosmic Cowboy with his one employee that washes his junk cars before he sells them for $500 profit per car.
    vivid imagination. I'm not in the car business.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U.S. suppliers raised their prices in September after cutting them the prior two months, possibly indicating some inflation pressures are picking up again.

The producer-price index, which measures the prices that suppliers are charging businesses and other customers, rose a seasonally adjusted 0.4% last month compared with a revised 0.2% decrease in August, the Labor Department said on Wednesday. Higher food prices and home-heating costs drove the increase.

“Price pressures remain elevated and volatile, particularly for food and gas, given the ongoing war in Ukraine and ongoing supply chain disruptions,” said Matthew Martin, U.S. economist at Oxford Economics.
    “Leading indicators of inflation and macroeconomic forces strongly point to lower inflation ahead,” said David Kelly, chief global strategist at J.P. Morgan Asset Management. “They could inflict an unnecessary recession on American families, while doing little to improve productivity or living standards.”
    article is all over the place.

is this more doomcasting about inflation, or do you think the Fed is overcooking the goose, as suggested at the end?

or neither?

tbh the article gives support for a variety of off the rack takes. what's yours?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    article is all over the place.

is this more doomcasting about inflation, or do you think the Fed is overcooking the goose, as suggested at the end?

or neither?

tbh the article gives support for a variety of off the rack takes. what's yours?
    It's from the WSJ. It's obviously trying to give multiple opinions for information. I clipped it assuming a lot of you don't have subscriptions. Sorry it offended you. Are you actually able to have rational discussions or do you just do snarky, ankle biting attack posts?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's from the WSJ. It's obviously trying to give multiple opinions for information. I clipped it assuming a lot of you don't have subscriptions. Sorry it offended you. Are you actually able to have rational discussions or do you just do snarky, ankle biting attack posts?
    I think thats what he kind of said.
    so what is your stance on the fed actions so far and what do you wish for the future concerning fed actions?

Thanks for the article.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    vivid imagination. I'm not in the car business.
    I thought that was what initiated your posting of a pic where you had like a handful of twenty dollar bills.
    Regardless, you're a blowhard that probably has less money than half the people in here. You want to portray yourself as knowledgeable in finance and economics but probably have some kind of inferiority complex because you never finished college. Which is fine. You just don't need to try to make up for it. You're clearly dumb but want to offset that by showing how much money you have. We all know people like this. See them everyday. Although the ones I know that truly have money don't brag about it. They're down to earth hardworking dudes that built something from nothing. But they don't feel the need to brag about it like you do. The fact that you do brag is a sign that you feel inadequate. For some strange reason, you have to validate yourself to a bunch of people on a message board. And that you base your personal success on some bank account number. Regardless of how ty a human being your are. You never admit you're wrong which is pretty telling of the type of person your are. My guess is that you've gone through a couple of divorces and are alienated from multiple kids.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think thats what he kind of said.
    so what is your stance on the fed actions so far and what do you wish for the future concerning fed actions?

Thanks for the article.
    I share the fear that the Fed will overcorrect. Interest rate actions always have a multi-month lag in results. We are already seeing big corporations making multi-thousand layoffs, especially in the tech sector. It could be a bloodbath in 2023.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it doesn't offend me. I just asked you for your own thoughts. it's amusing you think that's an attack.

I can see you just clarified yourself above, so thanks for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought that was what initiated your posting of a pic where you had like a handful of twenty dollar bills.
    Regardless, you're a blowhard that probably has less money than half the people in here. You want to portray yourself as knowledgeable in finance and economics but probably have some kind of inferiority complex because you never finished college. Which is fine. You just don't need to try to make up for it. You're clearly dumb but want to offset that by showing how much money you have. We all know people like this. See them everyday. Although the ones I know that truly have money don't brag about it. They're down to earth hardworking dudes that built something from nothing. But they don't feel the need to brag about it like you do. The fact that you do brag is a sign that you feel inadequate. For some strange reason, you have to validate yourself to a bunch of people on a message board. And that you base your personal success on some bank account number. Regardless of how ty a human being your are. You never admit you're wrong which is pretty telling of the type of person your are. My guess is that you've gone through a couple of divorces and are alienated from multiple kids.
    Cry me a river Spurt. As usual you are full of .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See post above yours, Whinehole. I have no problem answering reasonable questions when they are aren't accompanied by your ankle biting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My portfolio has taken a hit ofc but other than that and my grocery bill being more, no biggie for me. I worked from home before the pandemic began so the gas situation never was an issue for me. Life is good tbh

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I share the fear that the Fed will overcorrect. Interest rate actions always have a multi-month lag in results. We are already seeing big corporations making multi-thousand layoffs, especially in the tech sector. It could be a bloodbath in 2023.
    tough job being on the fed

There are clearly some basic rules. but...
    Ultimately it gets parsed down to human behavior.
    I say good luck on that.

Ultimately people who write about the future of markets etc are writing opinion pieces. difficult stuff

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See post above yours, Whinehole. I have no problem answering reasonable questions when they are aren't accompanied by your ankle biting.
    you're letting a personal grudge of some kind throw you off balance emotionally, as evidenced by your consistently touchy replies. it's understandable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My portfolio has taken a hit ofc but other than that and my grocery bill being more, no biggie for me. I worked from home before the pandemic began so the gas situation never was an issue for me. Life is good tbh
    Glad to hear it. I read an article the other day that discussed the fact that as big employers are discovering that certain jobs could be done remotely because of covid (work at home) they are realizing they can offshore those same jobs and save a ton of money. Are you concerned about that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cry me a river Spurt. As usual you are full of .
    LOL. No...I got you pegged. It's not hard to figure out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're letting a personal grudge of some kind throw you off balance emotionally, as evidenced by your consistently touchy replies. it's understandable.
    pot/kettle/black

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. No...I got you pegged. It's not hard to figure out.
    LOL.

You are so ridiculously off base it's hilarious. I won't go through your bitter little post item by item and refute it but you are literally 100% wrong on every attack guess you posted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad to hear it. I read an article the other day that discussed the fact that as big employers are discovering that certain jobs could be done remotely because of covid (work at home) they are realizing they can offshore those same jobs and save a ton of money. Are you concerned about that?
    Not at all tbh. The type of work i do cannot be outsourced. And as I said my job was already WFH before the pandemic ever was a thing so not too worried about it. If I worked as a call center operator or something I might be more concerned

Thread Information