notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You fold while crying behind your LOL mask every time.
    I ain't got a thing on you when it comes to trollin', Blake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You fold while crying behind your LOL mask every time.
    Another typical Beta Blake stupid post. The butthurt is strong in this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another typical Beta Blake stupid post. The butthurt is strong in this one.
    Another ad hominem fold. Don't ever change, princess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    totally unrelated, I'm sure

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    totally unrelated, I'm sure

Gas has reach 4 per and we're not even in Spring must less Summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The rest of the world pays ~$155, eye-watering prices for drugs is a peculiarly US phenomenon and a political decision.

Ozempic could be profitably produced for less than $5 a month even as maker Novo Nordisk A/S charges almost $1,000 in the US, according to a study that revives questions about prices for top-selling treatments for diabetes and obesity.

The blockbuster drug could be manufactured for 89 cents to $4.73 for a month’s supply, figures that include a profit margin, researchers at Yale University, King’s College Hospital in London and the nonprofit Doctors Without Borders reported in the journal JAMA Network Open. That compares to the monthly US list price of $968.52 for Ozempic, a weekly injection.
    https://fortune.com/europe/2024/03/2...de-for-just-5/

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The rest of the world pays ~$155, eye-watering prices for drugs is a peculiarly US phenomenon and a political decision.

Coffee break over, mother er. Back on your in' heads.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not saying it's worth $1000 but it's a pretty sophisticated applicator that is used weekly. I doubt they could even make 4 applicator syringes (less medicine) for $5

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not saying it's worth $1000 but it's a pretty sophisticated applicator that is used weekly. I doubt they could even make 4 applicator syringes (less medicine) for $5
    We won't know for sure till State sponsored CNN reports in, CC. That'll be it, & that'll be all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Of course it's price gouging. Designer drug short cut to lose weight is in high demand. Just like trulicity

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Of course it's price gouging. Designer drug short cut to lose weight is in high demand. Just like trulicity
    Instead of the drugs just cut your caloric intake and walk 2 miles a day, and it'll fall off, and it's free.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes just make a guess at it per par instead of reading the article.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read the article, dumb . Do you believe everything you read? You might as well be on truthsocial if thats how you roll.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I read the article, dumb . Do you believe everything you read? You might as well be on truthsocial if thats how you roll.
    CC, bustin' Blake's hole.

CC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#in...Gc?compose=new

Tying back to grocery prices, here’s the ulative effect of all the food inflation since 2019 on your family’s budget
    From The Kobeissi Letter:

Change In Price Since 2019, by Food Item:

1. Cocoa: +345%

2. Orange Juice: +260%

3. Olive Oil: +219%

4. Sugar: +120%

5. Fruit Snacks: +77%

6. Cooking Oil: +54%

7. Chocolate Bars: +52%

8. Apple sauce: +51%

9. Beef: +51%

10. Mayonnaise: +50%

11. Loaf of Bread: +42%

12. Eggs: +40%

13. Milk: +40%

14. Cereal: +38%

15. Butter: +24%

Inflation has officially been at 3% or higher for exactly 3 years.

The Average American is now paying nearly 40% MORE for groceries than what they were paying in 2019.

Over 100 food items have seen inflation above 50% since 2019.

Have you gotten a 40% or 50% raise since 2019?

This focus on real-world prices helps explain the results of a survey by CNBC and SurveyMonkey that came out yesterday. It found that more than 65% of Americans now live paycheck-to-paycheck. That’s up from last year’s figure of 58%.

And what’s the stated reason for this strain on personal budgets?

Shocker – inflation, which was cited by 69% of survey respondents which the highest response rate in the survey.

(Technically, they should have answered “higher prices” not “higher inflation.”)

But if this leaves you hoping for lower prices, think again
    The default reaction to this is to want lower prices across the board.

But while this might be attractive at first glance, such a deflationary environment is the last thing we want.

When prices fall, businesses and consumers hold their cash. After all, if prices are dropping day-after-day, then “tomorrow” is always the better time to make that purchase since it’ll be less expensive.

But the practical effect of this “tomorrow” psychology means wallets close and money stops flowing. So, companies are forced to cut prices in hopes of luring buyers into the market today, not tomorrow. But this just reinforces the deflationary mindset.

So, more wallets close. Economic growth stalls. Corporate profits margins are destroyed. Cash-hemorrhaging companies are forced to lay off employees. Household budgets grow strained. It can be an awful cycle.

Now, this might leave you scratching your head…

Okay, prices are much higher today than they were a few years ago…

But if they came down materially across the board, it would be bad for the economy…

So, does that mean we just have to live with a “new normal” of higher prices for many items from now on?

Pretty much.

For many goods and services, the trillions of dollars of helicopter money from the federal government that flooded the economy during the Covid pandemic resulted in a one-time “price reset” that bumped baseline prices substantially higher.

So, even if inflation drops to 2% (which this morning’s CPI data show isn’t happening all that easily), the new baseline price tag for many goods/services won’t ever return to where it was.

U.S. E- Commerce Sales. A chart showing revenue since 1999 shows upward growth in billions.

To what extent is the budget of the average American prepared for this new normal in perpetuity?

Poorly, if you’re in my state of California.

From CalMatters.org:

Prices have grown about 20% overall since 2020, according to an analysis by the California Legislative Analyst’s Office…

[Sarah Bohn, economist and director of the Public Policy Ins ute of California Economic Policy Center] said Californians’ wages have not kept up with inflation:

“Wages only grew 15% than before the pandemic. On paper, that looks amazing, like a $5-an-hour increase. But after inflation, it feels like a pay cut — I calculated that it’s like a $1.25-an-hour cut.”

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better vote for Trump then. He'll fix everything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you can quote people about helicopter money all you want -- why is inflation even worse in just about every other country?

Also :

The Average American is now paying nearly 40% MORE for groceries than what they were paying in 2019.

Does this person think people spend 100% of their pay on food?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you can quote people about helicopter money all you want -- why is inflation even worse in just about every other country?

Also :

Food and rent are virtually 100% for a lot of the population. Rent is way up too.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Food and rent are virtually 100% for a lot of the population. Rent is way up too.
    ...State sponsored CNN don't talk about that. Ever. It's their religion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Also :

Well I remember the great toilet paper shortage of 2020 when people couldn't find any, no matter how much money they had, so there is that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Better vote for Trump then. He'll fix everything.

And if he gets in there again right away you'll start trying to assassinate him probably from Day One again like last time.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well I remember the great toilet paper shortage of 2020 when people couldn't find any, no matter how much money they had, so there is that.
    Ya can't eat toilet paper, yet.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#in...Gc?compose=new

Tying back to grocery prices, here’s the ulative effect of all the food inflation since 2019 on your family’s budget
    From The Kobeissi Letter:

Change In Price Since 2019, by Food Item:

1. Cocoa: +345%

2. Orange Juice: +260%

3. Olive Oil: +219%

4. Sugar: +120%

5. Fruit Snacks: +77%

6. Cooking Oil: +54%

7. Chocolate Bars: +52%

8. Apple sauce: +51%

9. Beef: +51%

10. Mayonnaise: +50%

11. Loaf of Bread: +42%

12. Eggs: +40%

13. Milk: +40%

14. Cereal: +38%

15. Butter: +24%

Inflation has officially been at 3% or higher for exactly 3 years.

This focus on real-world prices helps explain the results of a survey by CNBC and SurveyMonkey that came out yesterday. It found that more than 65% of Americans now live paycheck-to-paycheck. That’s up from last year’s figure of 58%.

And what’s the stated reason for this strain on personal budgets?

Shocker – inflation, which was cited by 69% of survey respondents which the highest response rate in the survey.

(Technically, they should have answered “higher prices” not “higher inflation.”)

But if this leaves you hoping for lower prices, think again
    The default reaction to this is to want lower prices across the board.

But while this might be attractive at first glance, such a deflationary environment is the last thing we want.

When prices fall, businesses and consumers hold their cash. After all, if prices are dropping day-after-day, then “tomorrow” is always the better time to make that purchase since it’ll be less expensive.

But the practical effect of this “tomorrow” psychology means wallets close and money stops flowing. So, companies are forced to cut prices in hopes of luring buyers into the market today, not tomorrow. But this just reinforces the deflationary mindset.

So, more wallets close. Economic growth stalls. Corporate profits margins are destroyed. Cash-hemorrhaging companies are forced to lay off employees. Household budgets grow strained. It can be an awful cycle.

Now, this might leave you scratching your head…

Okay, prices are much higher today than they were a few years ago…

But if they came down materially across the board, it would be bad for the economy…

So, does that mean we just have to live with a “new normal” of higher prices for many items from now on?

Pretty much.

For many goods and services, the trillions of dollars of helicopter money from the federal government that flooded the economy during the Covid pandemic resulted in a one-time “price reset” that bumped baseline prices substantially higher.

So, even if inflation drops to 2% (which this morning’s CPI data show isn’t happening all that easily), the new baseline price tag for many goods/services won’t ever return to where it was.

U.S. E- Commerce Sales. A chart showing revenue since 1999 shows upward growth in billions.

To what extent is the budget of the average American prepared for this new normal in perpetuity?

Poorly, if you’re in my state of California.

From CalMatters.org:

Prices have grown about 20% overall since 2020, according to an analysis by the California Legislative Analyst’s Office…

[Sarah Bohn, economist and director of the Public Policy Ins ute of California Economic Policy Center] said Californians’ wages have not kept up with inflation:

“Wages only grew 15% than before the pandemic. On paper, that looks amazing, like a $5-an-hour increase. But after inflation, it feels like a pay cut — I calculated that it’s like a $1.25-an-hour cut.”
    CC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not what was said -- only food. Also, show your stats backing up your claim.

Thread Information