Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just curious and polling.
    Debt free so no. I'm earning 2.75% on my cash account so that's a nice change.

As far as investments, I sold all my longs about 2 years ago. Swinging in 2021 was good and 2022 has been great. Mostly from Occidental Petroleum, Buffet putting a floor on it has made it the easiest swing trade ever. Total return up to 143% realized gain not counting this week's action. Taxes are gonna be ridiculous but whatever.

My advice remains the same...
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...e#post10469897

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it auto corrected on my phone and I didn't catch it. Thanks. I typed basis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry to hear that man. we'll bounce back though tbh
    I was bull ting lol. I still got the diamond hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was bull ting lol. I still got the diamond hands.
    Good to hear

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Evil SEC and it's amoral little prick leader Monty Burns, aka compromised Gary Gensler

Are phucking with my XRP/Ripple investment. But I still plan on coming out on top Mid 23 or whenever their bogus lawsuit gets tossed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oligarchy's ATM the Fed wants to kill 2 - 3 M (low end) jobs, 5-6% unemployment

It's like Repugs invading innocnet but oil-rich Iraq to punish Taliban/Afghanistan

Fed Critics Say New CPI Data Shows Rate Hikes Can't Stop 'Rampant Corporate Profiteering'

"The Fed's overly aggressive actions are

shoving our economy to the brink of a devastating recession," said one economist.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...pant-corporate

The Fed, rigged like the rest of the economy for Capital against Labor, punishes innocent Labor, while ignoring, protecting guilty Capital.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-13-2022 at 04:55 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell that to the tens of millions that have no clue how this works. And even if they did, they don't have the financial means to offset it in the market.

Wait...you were being sarcastic I'm guessing.
    I'm talking to those that do have the means, yet they complain as this wasn't being telegraphed for months.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't be surprised if they did 100 basic points in November. 30 year mortgage rates are about to blow through 7% with no end in sight. Housing market is gonna take a big dump in 2023.
    That's just being melodramatic. Of course there's an end in sight, that's why it's being done in the first place. Once the economy cools off some and inflation is back to the usual ~2% annual, we'll resume as usual.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's just being melodramatic. Of course there's an end in sight, that's why it's being done in the first place. Once the economy cools off some and inflation is back to the usual ~2% annual, we'll resume as usual.
    I have seen this before. The first house I bought when I was 22 I paid points to buy the interest rate down to 14%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also been through France style gas shortages. Remember getting in 1/2 mile lines to fill up on "my day" to get gas. Sadly my daily driver at that time was an L82 Vette that got like 11 miles to the gallon on a good day if I was careful not to romp and stomp it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also been through France style gas shortages. Remember getting in 1/2 mile lines to fill up on "my day" to get gas. Sadly my daily driver at that time was an L82 Vette that got like 11 miles to the gallon on a good day if I was careful not to romp and stomp it.
    Thankfully we have other options now...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know the Fed is going to increase rates again. If you get caught with your pants down, it's on you...
    That’s beside the point. Of course the fed is going to raise rates. The issue isn’t whether or not there’s going to be another hike. The issue is whether the fed’s doing so is warranted. There’s a volume of data and a slew of experts who have called the fed out for not paying attention to accurate data (lol opinion surveys) and whether it’s even in a position to affect supply-side issues — which have an actual nexus to inflation’s cause than the ham-fisted use of interest rates to tamper demand.

CC is right to (at least indirectly) criticize the fed. No one can credibly argue that it hasn’t completely ed this situation up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s beside the point. Of course the fed is going to raise rates. The issue isn’t whether or not there’s going to be another hike. The issue is whether the fed’s doing so is warranted. There’s a volume of data and a slew of experts who have called the fed out for not paying attention to accurate data (lol opinion surveys) and whether it’s even in a position to affect supply-side issues — which have an actual nexus to inflation’s cause than the ham-fisted use of interest rates to tamper demand.

CC is right to (at least indirectly) criticize the fed. No one can credibly argue that it hasn’t completely ed this situation up.
    "the only way to tamp down inflation is to crush demand and increase unemployment"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "the only way to tamp down inflation is to crush demand and increase unemployment"
    That’s what the fed is doing. It’s literally looking for a rise in unemployment to start backing off rate increases. This is a particularly stupid take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s what the fed is doing. It’s literally looking for a rise in unemployment to start backing off rate increases. This is a particularly stupid take.
    I think we're in agreement here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The 'slew of experts' opinions is no better than the Fed's opinion. Uncontrolled inflation is possibly the most damaging aspect to any economy. It can easily be compared to a regressive tax, which ends up hurting the poor the most. It liquifies salaries. Not to mention all the collateral that comes with losing trust in the value of the currency.

Whether the Fed can affect supply-side or not is immaterial: the Fed has monetary policy as a tool to, at the very least, attempt to mitigate inflationary trends, and it's a tool they'll use (which isn't novel either). It might not be pretty, but arguably it's the only lever they have to try to do something about it.

Monetary policy failed was when we were in deep recession (back in '08), and you couldn't bring interest rates below 0. This is how we ended up with things such as QE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're about to find out about how Americans feel about Biden's economy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm changing retirement plans because of this cluster .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Presidents don't control macroeconomics.

There's been a lot of continuity from Bush to Obama, Obama to Trump and Trump to Biden. The mess we're in has been brewing for 15-20 years. Bill Clinton era financial innovations deserve some credit too, but the lion's share of the risk/fragility was caused by QE and ZIRP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    President's don't control macroeconomics.

There's been a lot of continuity from Bush to Obama, Obama to Trump and Trump to Biden. The mess we're in has been brewing for 15-20 years.

Absolute bull

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure Biden is to blame for the UK's 10% inflation too amirite?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how so?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How so?

Thread Information