Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SGA is massively overrated on this board. I’d put him in the same category as Fox and DJ, guys who will hover right around All Star level for a period of years, get picked a few times,but not a guy you can build a franchise around.
    Yuuuuup.

OKC wins when he plays HAM but it doesn't happen enough. All those small Kentucky guards are the same -- Booker, Fox, SGA -- lots of shots, can't win often enough on their own. (Bledsoe, Wall...)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not putting all my eggs on one basket hoping for a Victor or Scoot miracle. If it happens, it happens. And nope, not a chance of a Tier 1 knocking on Spurs’ door. I think what the Beautiful Game showed us was, you don’t really need a Tier 1 to compete. It would be nice! And don’t anybody give me, “b-but the Big 3 were HOFer.” Well not in 2013-14. They were passed their prime. What we need though would be 2-3 All-Star caliber players, who can pass, not heavy iso type and can depend. Keldon, Devin and that 3rd guy, maybe Blake, he seems a stud to me. If Spurs can have 3 players who can consistently put up 20+ or more, a defensive Big to anchor the defense, a couple of point-of-attack stoppers, and a solid bench, forget Tier 1, it’s enough for a Beautiful Game. Sochan is intriguing because he has that passing skills, ala Bobo. Tre is solid, but as a backup PG. I’m hoping Blake can be that SGA, Fox type and it’s enough for me. If we’re lucky to get a Victor or Scoot, then even better. But I’m not gambling the development of my young core losing games to get a high pick. Just my take.
    Last edited by John B; 11-10-2022 at 06:41 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with one exception...the Lakers...they have more value now because they can't wait until the deadline to make a move...
    starting to think the lakers are throwing in the towel on this season. will just hope to make a move in the offseason with westbrook's deal off the books while keeping their remaining picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not putting all my eggs on one basket hoping for a Victor or Scoot miracle. If it happens, it happens. And nope, not a chance of a Tier 1 knocking on Spurs’ door. I think what the Beautiful Game showed us was, you don’t really need a Tier 1 to compete. It would be nice! And don’t anybody give me, “b-but the Big 3 were HOFer.” Well not in 2013-14. They were passed their prime. What we need though would be 2-3 All-Star caliber players, who can pass, not heavy iso type and can depend. Keldon, Devin and that 3rd guy, maybe Blake, he seems a stud to me. If Spurs can have 3 players who can consistently put up 20+ or more, a defensive Big to anchor the defense, a couple of point-of-attack stoppers, and a solid bench, forget Tier 1, it’s enough for a Beautiful Game. Sochan is intriguing because he has that passing skills, ala Bobo. Tre is solid, but as a backup PG. I’m hoping Blake can be that SGA, Fox type and it’s enough for me. If we’re lucky to get a Victor or Scoot, then even better. But I’m not gambling the development of my young core losing games to get a high pick. Just my take.
    stupidity at its finest

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    starting to think the lakers are throwing in the towel on this season. will just hope to make a move in the offseason with westbrook's deal off the books while keeping their remaining picks
    I think so too. I bet they’re quietly gauging the Davis market. Not sure they’re gonna be all that pleased tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stupidity at its finest

So Einstein, you think any of the Big 3 were Tier 1 in 2013-14? Only TP was All-Star and averaged barely 17 pts that year. Dumbass. I said 2-3 All-Star caliber players who could put up 20+ points, defensive big, point-of-attack defenders and a solid bench, and a team who are willing to pass, no heavy iso. That I think Pop can duplicate the Beautiful Game. This young group was showing a glimpse, but again they are very inexperienced so would be prone to abandoning the system when harrassed. But as they start winning, they will learn to trust the system.

Surely you know Pop adjusted his game style with his players, and as they get older. From twin towers defensive, grit style low scoring, to Timmy in-and-out to slashing Manu, to Tony pick and roll, and finally with the addition of Bobo/Splitter both passing big men, the Beautiful Game constant motion game, because none of the Big 3 were dominant anymore to carry the team by themselves alone. Dumbass
    Last edited by John B; 11-10-2022 at 10:42 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So Einstein, you think any of the Big 3 were Tier 1 in 2013-14? Only TP was All-Star and averaged barely 17 pts that year. Dumbass. I said 2-3 All-Star caliber players who could put up 20+ points, defensive big, point-of-attack defenders and a solid bench, and a team who are willing to pass, no heavy iso. That I think Pop can duplicate the Beautiful Game. This young group was showing a glimpse, but again they are very inexperienced so would be prone to abandoning the system when harrassed. But as they start winning, they will learn to trust the system.

Surely you know Pop adjusted his game style with his players, and as they get older. From twin towers defensive, grit style low scoring, to Timmy in-and-out to slashing Manu, to Tony pick and roll, and finally with the addition of Bobo/Splitter both passing big men, the Beautiful Game constant motion game, because none of the Big 3 were dominant anymore to carry the team by themselves alone. Dumbass
    with 4 Hall Of Famers on the team. Show me one on this Spurs team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with 4 Hall Of Famers on the team. Show me one on this Spurs team
    Okay genius. What are you twelve? They barely started their NBA careers. So you have a crystal ball and saw that Keldon, Devin and Sochan would not be HOFers? In 2014, did you honestly think Kawhi would be a HOFer caliber? Yeah right. Not until the following year did he crack 20 pts average, and the year after that got his 1st All-Star. Keldon and Devin are now averaging over 20+ Points each. Who knows if they would not have HOFer careers? Dumbass

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay genius. What are you twelve? They barely started their NBA careers. So you have a crystal ball and saw that Keldon, Devin and Sochan would not be HOFers? In 2014, did you honestly think Kawhi would be a HOFer caliber? Yeah right. Not until the following year did he crack 20 pts average, and the year after that got his 1st All-Star. Keldon and Devin are now averaging over 20+ Points each. Who knows if they would not have HOFer careers? Dumbass
    #facts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 HOF is dumb because we were facing a team with 3 HOF and those 3 were more in their prime (also 3 HOF OKC in their primes, and 2 HOF Clippers). NOW? Lebron TOSB, jokic and giannis are on good all around teams. The nets are garbage. That's two one HOF team we are likely to need to get over. Do we have a sure shot blue chip HOF? not really, but the league isn't as stacked as it was then, so we don't need a all time great stacked team to contend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 HOF is dumb because we were facing a team with 3 HOF and those 3 were more in their prime
    Heat also had 4 HOF players.
    LeBron, Wade, Bosh and Allen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Raptors just took a big hit Precious Achiuwa suffered a partial ligament tear in his ankle out indefinitely. It sucks for them as they were starting to turn the corner and really playing some good basketball. The Raptors have always been kinda tight but it seems like a deal could be worked out as they know Poetl and I think he would not mind signing an extension with them as he likes the team and city.

The million dollar question is what should the trade get us - I would say two first as the picks will be mid first round or maybe go with 2023 top 16 protected and 2026 top 10 protected?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get a 1st for Poeltl and make room for Bassey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can dig this, but for one problem.
    Pop isn't going to coach this team for a whole lot longer.
    And who knows what the next coach is going to try to install.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    none of the players on this roster have the ceiling that those 4 players on the Spurs had. Weather they were in their prime or not. But enlighten me with your basketball knowledge. Tell me who are those point of attack defenders you were talking about? Who is that 3rd 20+ PPG All-Star? And who are those 4 players with the passing skills of Ginobili, Diaw, Parker and Duncan? Who are those legendary defenders with a defense like Duncan‘s and Nephew‘s? Who is locking up Giannis? And who is scoring in the clutch? Because That’s what you will need to win championships

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    none of the players on this roster have the ceiling that those 4 players on the Spurs had. Weather they were in their prime or not. But enlighten me with your basketball knowledge. Tell me who are those point of attack defenders you were talking about? Who is that 3rd 20+ PPG All-Star? And who are those 4 players with the passing skills of Ginobili, Diaw, Parker and Duncan? Who are those legendary defenders with a defense like Duncan‘s and Nephew‘s? Who is locking up Giannis? And who is scoring in the clutch? Because That’s what you will need to win championships
    I don't think old boy is saying this team is good as is, but that it has the building blocks to get where we want it to go with some additions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think old boy is saying this team is good as is, but that it has the building blocks to get where we want it to go with some additions.
    He's saying we can get there without adding a franchise player and I'm saying all we are missing is that guy. That's the argument

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On Lowes podcast he mused that Jakob might be a good match in NOLA, which seems interesting since they are loaded with assets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On Lowes podcast he mused that Jakob might be a good match in NOLA, which seems interesting since they are loaded with assets
    Poeltl for Trey Murphy and either Dyson Daniels or Alvarado + future 1st

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl for Trey Murphy and either Dyson Daniels or Alvarado + future 1st
    No way we’re getting that for Jakob. I’m thinking Hayes (salary) and picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't quite see the need for NOLA
    They already have a big in Jonas

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't quite see the need for NOLA
    They already have a big in Jonas
    They have all theirs scorers back so Jonas really loses a lot of value for them. Also NOLA is linked to Jakob as long as CHA is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jak + 2025 Atl 1st + 2023 Cha protected 1st

for

Filler + 2023 Swap with the Lakers

I’m sure these values are off AND there is no way NO gives up that Swap… but I’d do this, maybe even toss in a little more if it means two lotto balls in 2023.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NOLA could be the home run trade for Jakob. Absorbing Hayes and Jonas into cap space for Dyson and the LAL 2024/2025 first rounder. Jakob is NOLA first choice before they got Adams 2 years ago and they don't have space to sign him next offseason.

Thread Information