Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that's the reality but, I don't think they realize it...those 'lakers' glasses they look at everything through is pretty compelling for them and usually compounds their problems....
    Eveyone has quit on that discombobulated team, starting by the players.

Lebron is just waiting for his son to enter the league so he can play with him, Russ just don't give a fucl and won't admit he's not the (stat padding) player he was, then AD and Lakers FO look like they're angry at each others. They have no 3pt. shooters (in the 2022 NBA) and the rest of the roster doesn't look more interested... Zero accountability.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Jonas 1 three point attempt per game really matter?
    Even if the defense pays him little to no attention, he can at least be stationed elsewhere, and every little bit helps on a team as 3 adverse as they are.

Is a prohibitive cost worth it for a one way fit?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three team trade that randomly popped into my head . . .

To Knicks: Trent Jr.
    To Spurs: Fournier, Birch, significant draft capital via Knicks and Raptors
    To Raptors: Poeltl, Richardson

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I could see that...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Whatever draft capital is involved in that trade, would have to come from the Knicks. Should be plenty, though, considering they're adding Gary Trent & dumping Fournier. 3 firsts?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever draft capital is involved in that trade, would have to come from the Knicks. Should be plenty, though, considering they're adding Gary Trent & dumping Fournier. 3 firsts?
    No way the Raptors get a good player, at a position of need, who they've been known to covet, plus another useful player who doubles as a replacement for the key player they're giving up and dump dead money without having to give some level of draft compensation.

Knicks would obviously have to give more though. Two first's is more likely. One for dumping dead money, one for acquiring a player halfway between useful and good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way the Raptors get a good player, at a position of need, who they've been known to covet, plus another useful player who doubles as a replacement for the key player they're giving up and dump dead money without having to give some level of draft compensation.

Knicks would obviously have to give more though. Two first's is more likely. One for dumping dead money, one for acquiring a player halfway between useful and good.
    I had in mind that Fournier's contract ran 2 more years, but that last one is team option, so if that's the case then yeah, one first + maybe filler and money for the contract sounds about right. Gary Trent should command more than a first, though that would be contingent on what kind of pick we're talking about.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had in mind that Fournier's contract ran 2 more years, but that last one is team option, so if that's the case then yeah, one first + maybe filler and money for the contract sounds about right. Gary Trent should command more than a first, though that would be contingent on what kind of pick we're talking about.
    Trent Jr. is a typical overrated Raptor and can/will opt out. If not for that, his value would probably be mid round 1st.

No way he's worth 3 assets, one of whom is better individually, even if arguably a less valuable archetype.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of Fournier- how much do you think NY would pay to get him off that roster?

Would it be worth it to them to move him for Richardson? Maybe for the better pick of the two firsts they hold this year and we give them our 2nd from indy?

I think that's pretty fair value and Thibbs would go for it..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of Fournier- how much do you think NY would pay to get him off that roster?

Would it be worth it to them to move him for Richardson? Maybe for the better pick of the two firsts they hold this year and we give them our 2nd from indy?

I think that's pretty fair value and Thibbs would go for it..
    Maybe.

I’m interest in the over the luxury tax that might want to shed salary like PHX, MIL, DEN, PHI.

Like what is it worth to the Suns to have us absorb Dario and Shatmat?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suns—> Greyson Allen
    Bucks—> Crowder
    Spurs—> Saric; Shatmat; Suns FRP; Bucks FRP

Basically redirects the asset Bucks likely have to attach in the rumored Crowder-Allen deal with Suns to the Spurs along with another Suns pick to get. Allows Suns to get under the tax

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe.

I’m interest in the over the luxury tax that might want to shed salary like PHX, MIL, DEN, PHI.

No reason we can't do both... the Knicks pick has a chance to be in the lottery... it'll probably take an injury or something to do that but there's a chance..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mo don't get me excited...lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe.

Dario, yes, but Shamat has multiple years left. Caproom should only be rented a year at a time. Landry is under contract until 2026. No ing thanks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dario, yes, but Shamat has multiple years left. Caproom should only be rented a year at a time. Landry is under contract until 2026. No ing thanks.
    It appears that he can be waived before year 3 according to the Capulator website, so functionally it’s just two years

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Shamet and Saric for Richardson swap would reduce the Suns tax bill and improve their team. Win/Win for the Suns. Shamet's contract has no guaranteed money after next season so absorbing his deal wouldn't be too bad. As usual tho it comes down to draft capitol mostly related to protections.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Shamet and Saric for Richardson swap would reduce the Suns tax bill and improve their team. Win/Win for the Suns. Shamet's contract has no guaranteed money after next season so absorbing his deal wouldn't be too bad. As usual tho it comes down to draft capitol mostly related to protections.
    Yup, thats my thinking. Was also playing with expanding the rumored Crowder-Allen swap like this:

MIL: Crowder
    PHX: Richardson; Allen
    SAS: Saric; Shamat; Suns 23 FRP; whatever small asset MIL was going to send PHX

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The other small trade candidate is PHI. They are like $2M over the tax.

They could send us Thybulle who they didnt extend and is clearly out of their plans + a small asset such as the 2023 SRP they own which is the better of Atlanta, Charlotte or Brooklyn.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, thats my thinking. Was also playing with expanding the rumored Crowder-Allen swap like this:

Not sure the Spurs take on the extra year of Shamet while doing the Suns a big favor for a 2023 first rounder. They would probably want a moderately protected first two or three years in the future.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

First and foremost, any Crowder trade has to return the Suns a rotational four.

In a vacuum, Allen is better than Shamet and Lee, but they're all similar and close enough.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First and foremost, any Crowder trade has to return the Suns a rotational four.

In a vacuum, Allen is better than Shamet and Lee, but they're all similar and close enough.
    Why? They apparently are poised to move Crowder for Allen as is (according to the same guys that broke the DeJounte trade).

Under my proposal they get under the tax line AND get Richardson as well. Allen + Richardson give you more than non-playing Crowder + Saric + Shatmat.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? They apparently are poised to move Crowder for Allen as is (according to the same guys that broke the DeJounte trade).

Under my proposal they get under the tax line AND get Richardson as well. Allen + Richardson give you more than non-playing Crowder + Saric + Shatmat.
    Because all they have is the injury prone Johnson, mediocre Craig and diminished Saric and none are pure four's for this era anyway.

Where's the minutes for both Allen and Richardson behind Booker and Bridges? They could excise Payne from the rotation, but he's their only "downhill" initiator.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because all they have is the injury prone Johnson, mediocre Craig and diminished Saric and none are pure four's for this era anyway.

Where's the minutes for both Allen and Richardson behind Booker and Bridges? They could excise Payne from the rotation, but he's their only "downhill" initiator.
    I get it, but not sure what they expect to get. Clearly they’re over a barrel with crowder getting low balled. The other two have trash value.

That said I do wonder if KDB would appeal as an add on.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get it, but not sure what they expect to get. Clearly they’re over a barrel with crowder getting low balled. The other two have trash value.

That said I do wonder if KDB would appeal as an add on.
    That's about as good as they can do... I don't think kbd helps much but they might talk themselves into it because of the limited market.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point I don’t see Jak garnering more than a top 10 protected first and filler which I think we should jump at but PATFO wouldn’t.

I doubt there is a market for JRich beyond what we got for Thad. We might be able to package him and our own second to move into the first round.

That 20mm in cap is likely going unused.

Thread Information