My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would have averaged 25 & 10 in the 1990s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would have been a PF, tho. 6’9.25” would have been too short to play center for a non elite NBA athlete in the 90s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we drop Hall and sign this guy to an NBA contract?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we drop Hall and sign this guy to an NBA contract?
    Why? He’s under team control right now.

I think eventually, Hall will be dropped, and that spot will be used for player evaluations. At the end of the year, they’ll probably sign Bassey like they did Weezy late year. No hurry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bassey's measurements are very different in some sites. From 6'9 to 6'11". He looked a couple of inches taller than Barlow (6'9 or 6'10)the other night and my God is he strong looking at 230lbs or what? His rebounding is relentless and physical while retaining agility.

Offensively, I was also very impressed by his work in the PNR. He knows how to get loose and wants the ball for a dunk or layup. Good hands. If our guards will find him, he can score. His 3 pt shot the other night was icing on the cake. I doubt it is a high percentage shot in his repertoire, but the willingness to take it is a good sign.

I think his offensive potential is higher than Jakob. Will be looking forward to all his appearances on loan from Ausin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sir Charles Bassey, the new darling of ST. Just days ago they were happy with Jak who finally found a defensive pf beside him. What do you say my friend Sugus?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the D-league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been waiting for Bassey to wear a Spurs uni since his freshman year in HS. Glad to see him starting off on the right foot.

He is far and away a better prospect than Jock ever was, and I'm glad he's with us.

Since we aren't making the playoffs anyway, I guess the two-way scenario isn't a problem... but what is the best way for the Spurs to keep him under control in the near term? At the end of the season are two-ways UFAs or do we have exclusive rights to them? I'm a Bassey Stan, but I want to see this guy be a part of our team going forward.

Would it be in our interest to waive Hall and get Bassey on a real contract simply as an act of good faith? It's a significant $ diff to be on a two-way, don't want to lose this guy in the offseason because we didn't want to pay him a better wage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been waiting for Bassey to wear a Spurs uni since his freshman year in HS. Glad to see him starting off on the right foot.

He is far and away a better prospect than Jock ever was, and I'm glad he's with us.

Since we aren't making the playoffs anyway, I guess the two-way scenario isn't a problem... but what is the best way for the Spurs to keep him under control in the near term? At the end of the season are two-ways UFAs or do we have exclusive rights to them? I'm a Bassey Stan, but I want to see this guy be a part of our team going forward.

Would it be in our interest to waive Hall and get Bassey on a real contract simply as an act of good faith? It's a significant $ diff to be on a two-way, don't want to lose this guy in the offseason because we didn't want to pay him a better wage.
    Um, why are you going after Jock? Landale is a highly skilled, very accomplished player. Do you know what you're talking about?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Um, why are you going after Jock? Landale is a highly skilled, very accomplished player. Do you know what you're talking about?
    "Going after"?

I'm merely pointing out that Bassey represents a better long term prospect than Jock did. Some were upset we gave up Jock in the DJM deal, my point is that we have a C prospect on the roster with better long-term upside. It's not a knock on Jock as much as it is excitement about Bassey's prospects. You're also quite welcome to have a different opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Going after"?

I'm merely pointing out that Bassey represents a better long term prospect than Jock did. Some were upset we gave up Jock in the DJM deal, my point is that we have a C prospect on the roster with better long-term upside. It's not a knock on Jock as much as it is excitement about Bassey's prospects. You're also quite welcome to have a different opinion.
    We don't know enough yet.
    You may be right, you may be crazy, but it just may be a lunatic we're looking for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Going after"?

I still don't get it. Landale is going to be in the league for as long as he wants. He's terrific with the Suns right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You got the juice now massey! No more zollins

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You got the juice now massey! No more zollins
    Wow…….never go full re ��

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bassey's measurements are very different in some sites. From 6'9 to 6'11". He looked a couple of inches taller than Barlow (6'9 or 6'10)the other night and my God is he strong looking at 230lbs or what? His rebounding is relentless and physical while retaining agility.

Offensively, I was also very impressed by his work in the PNR. He knows how to get loose and wants the ball for a dunk or layup. Good hands. If our guards will find him, he can score. His 3 pt shot the other night was icing on the cake. I doubt it is a high percentage shot in his repertoire, but the willingness to take it is a good sign.

I think his offensive potential is higher than Jakob. Will be looking forward to all his appearances on loan from Ausin.
    The official, no shoes combine measurements were 6’9.25” and 7’3” wingspan. It’s funny how different perceptions are. I thought he barely looked taller than KBD, which is what set me off looking for the combine measurements/numbers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The official, no shoes combine measurements were 6’9.25” and 7’3” wingspan. It’s funny how different perceptions are. I thought he barely looked taller than KBD, which is what set me off looking for the combine measurements/numbers.
    He has been around since the 2021 draft combine so I wonder if he might have grown an inch and then put on shoes with lifts to get to his rated 6'11' rating now on Basketball reference. Whatever his current height, he has an opportunity to play more with the big club now that Collins is injured. I think the Spurs will slot him behind Jakob and ahead of Dieng just to see what they have in him. If Jones recognizes his PNR talent I think he can score in double figures in a lot of games and if he rebounds as well as his play indicates we could have a double/double big in play. (OK, ok, I'm just being a fan boy on hopium, but I do like what I've seen )

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have been missing a big bruiser for a while. It was a fresh of breath air seeing someone fight for rebounds and use their bulk to displace the opponent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't understand the discussion of him being 2 inches taller or smaller. He's tall and long enough to block shots in the current NBA, that's all that matters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't understand the discussion of him being 2 inches taller or smaller. He's tall and long enough to block shots in the current NBA, that's all that matters
    yeah, it's like "well, you're doing all the things we'd like a big to do but technically you're not the required height so we're gonna pass".

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean like Devontae Cacok - That dude was always getting double points with double digit rebounds but he was 6’8 Center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Jones recognizes his PNR talent I think he can score in double figures in a lot of games and if he rebounds as well as his play indicates we could have a double/double big in play. (OK, ok, I'm just being a fan boy on hopium, but I do like what I've seen )
    Emphasis on if

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, it's like "well, you're doing all the things we'd like a big to do but technically you're not the required height so we're gonna pass".
    A lot it teams did that. He appeared to be an undersized traditional center with non-elite athleticism. Kid can play, and he’s always in the right place.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How tall is looney in GS? Not a big deal in the right system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don't know enough yet.
    You may be right, you may be crazy, but it just may be a lunatic we're looking for.
    I like what you did there

Thread Information