My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whether it's watching Greg Pop lead the Spurs for 8 more years or the latest bikini contest, what say ye about the choices today.

I don't need a supersized 12 foot by 10 foot one. Of course i want it to interweave all the old and new apps. Or is that standard with any decent TV today?

Black Sunday is coming up. That is usually some killer deals. Also Internet Monday or whatever it's called.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you game definitely look for something than can do VRR over HDMI 2.1. Variable refresh rate is amazing if your game never drops below the lowest supported refresh rate of the panel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can vouch for the Sony A80J I have. Supports everything (120hz, VRR, HDMI 2.1, high nits HDR, etc), but it’s an expensive set.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bought a cheapo TCL last year lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whether it's watching Greg Pop lead the Spurs for 8 more years or the latest bikini contest, what say ye about the choices today.

I don't need a supersized 12 foot by 10 foot one. Of course i want it to interweave all the old and new apps. Or is that standard with any decent TV today?

Black Sunday is coming up. That is usually some killer deals. Also Internet Monday or whatever it's called.
    I wouldn't focus too much on app compatibility. At some point, the app won't be compatible. We've gone through this with three TVs now and just end up getting Firesticks from day one.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I got the Hisense U7G last year, I'm guessing the higher-end 65" U8G might be scored for less than $800 on BF. Android TV, VRR HDMI 2.1 etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got the Hisense U7G last year, I'm guessing the higher-end 65" U8G might be scored for less than $800 on BF. Android TV, VRR HDMI 2.1 etc
    Do you ever get deals on good TVs on Black Friday? I never even bother since most of the I see in BF sales are scaled down versions made specifically for Black Friday sales. Like they'll take a TV and chop two HDMI ports off and sell it for $100 less. Only I ever buy in BF sales are games. Used to buy PC hardware then too but it's been a long time since BF was good for cpus, gpus, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be awesome to hook your Wii up to back in 2008 if it had component input. At least it's got a VGA for the 360 though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be awesome to hook your Wii up to back in 2008 if it had component input. At least it's got a VGA for the 360 though.
    SMH.. should have letts Fapps buy it

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Do you ever get deals on good TVs on Black Friday? I never even bother since most of the I see in BF sales are scaled down versions made specifically for Black Friday sales. Like they'll take a TV and chop two HDMI ports off and sell it for $100 less. Only I ever buy in BF sales are games. Used to buy PC hardware then too but it's been a long time since BF was good for cpus, gpus, etc.
    Sometimes - my U7G was $200 off (55" model) on BF 2021, so I would guess the U8G might have a similar sale. Definitely hit and miss tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes - my U7G was $200 off (55" model) on BF 2021, so I would guess the U8G might have a similar sale. Definitely hit and miss tbh
    I almost got a HiSense last year but TCL was cheaper so

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    depends what your looking for tbh

i bought a cheap ass 58 inch tv from walmart. 4k UHD, has all the built in roku for ease of use. cost me something like $300 and havent had issues with it. but if you really care about performance, you need to spring for more. i realized only after i bought my PS5 that it does not have HDMI 2.1 and i probably could have noticeably better performance while gaming

but for basic use, streaming , its fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i bought a cheap ass 58 inch tv from walmart. 4k UHD, has all the built in roku for ease of use. cost me something like $300 and havent had issues with it. but if you really care about performance, you need to spring for more. i realized only after i bought my PS5 that it does not have HDMI 2.1 and i probably could have noticeably better performance while gaming

I just noticed those type TVs are back to pre-inflaiton pricing. Good deal if you're not gaming. Will have to check the prices for 2.1/VRR sets if I ever get back into that bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah you'd need a 4k120Hz TV to play those awesome 4k40 PS5 modes; otherwise you'd get the PS5 half the time sending half the new frame, half the previous frame on a 60Hz TV and looking like instead of being able to sync full frames to the TV's refresh. Best thing about the 4k40 modes is if you have a TV supporting HDMI 2.1 VRR, the unlocked 4k40 modes often run more like 4k45 or even 4k50 while getting all the graphical benefits of the 4k30 modes.

Though if you want to play games at 1080p 120Hz, a 4k120Hz TV with only HDMI 2.0 will still be able to handle it. Though I wouldn't recommend PS5 for 1080p120, as the cpu in the PS5 is a little weak for that. It's great for 60 fps, but 120 fps is more PC gaming territory where you don't have to be nearly as concerned with power consumption and heat and can thus push your cpu balls to the wall in a way the consoles can't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for all the input.

Oh noes, Mr. Burns says don't buy a new tv set!

Hold off on big purchases like TVs, Jeff Bezos warns (msn.com)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just noticed those type TVs are back to pre-inflaiton pricing. Good deal if you're not gaming. Will have to check the prices for 2.1/VRR sets if I ever get back into that bull .
    I'm not a big gamer so I went with a cheap 4K tv tbh.......... TCL series 4 I think

HDR looks like on that TV, but it's the case on most cheap 4K TV's

There was no setting to disable it in the TV menu but thankfully I have an Apple TV 4K that I was using on my former dumb TV; the Apple TV allows to force SDR and it looks much better that way

I also prefer the Apple TV OS to the Roku OS that came with my TCL TV, and it's so much faster
    I do like the automatic seasonal themes in Roku, and the casting compatibility with any platform - Windows, Apple Airplay, Google - but that's about it
    Also the TCL remote is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can vouch for the Sony A80J I have. Supports everything (120hz, VRR, HDMI 2.1, high nits HDR, etc), but it’s an expensive set.
    55" Sony Bravia XR A80J Series OLED 4K UHD Smart Google TV (slickdeals.net)

Reaction?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know nothing about Slickdeals, tbh... just make sure you're getting a new set with warranty for that kind of money...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know nothing about Slickdeals, tbh... just make sure you're getting a new set with warranty for that kind of money...
    Slickdeals just tells you which stores have the latest greatest deals.

Yes i want to be all over whether or not it's a legit fully loaded A8OJ or similar.

The various programming and Apps is getting f-ing annoying. Simply want to be able to bring any and all NFL games to the big screen. Used to be for a gouged up price one could get any and all NFL games AND be able to record them. Now it's a potpourri and from what i read no one App gives all. Not even the *official* NFL App.

Thread Information