Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    warnock +56K with 95% in

Time to expand SCOTUS to 14
    "My team"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good thing you will not have to worry about your old team losing as you are now seeking full time membership in "Team Poland."

Just be grateful that Dems support Team NATO, unlike team losers.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The GOP ran probably the worst Senate candidate I can recall in my lifetime, were outspent 2-1, and only lost by 2 points. Candidates no longer matter. We might as well just vote for algorithms.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The GOP ran probably the worst Senate candidate I can recall in my lifetime, were outspent 2-1, and only lost by 2 points. Candidates no longer matter. We might as well just vote for algorithms.
    Roy Moore was worse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roy Moore was worse
    They're both pieces of but one of them at least had public service experience. Either way, that's another example of how the candidate himself doesn't matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's still a pink state despite what you saw with Trump and Trump's candidates he stuck his neck out publicly for (Perdue, Loeffler, Walker) -- Walker was the worst of them too. They need to do personal life background checks and public speaking exams before allowing them to participate in a primary.

They're both pieces of but one of them at least had public service experience. Either way, that's another example of how the candidate himself doesn't matter.
    No, Moore was far worse and pretty much confirmed to be a pedophile. Losing a deep red state is far worse than losing an elastic pink state.

warnock +56K with 95% in

Time to expand SCOTUS to 14
    Won't happen with the GOP house majority.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd amend it to gop candidate quality matters slightly in the sense that truly horrible gop candidates like Walker, Moore, Oz, Kari Lake turn off independent voters who usually skew gop. But bag evangelicals will show up in numbers for anyone with the magic R next to his name on the ballot so you're never going to win big in dixie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought this was a good read on Walker's candidacy:

Herschel Walker Is an American Tragedy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right wingers and pedophilia go together like peanut butter and jelly

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right wingers and pedophilia go together like peanut butter and jelly

Groomer!

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    They lost by 2 points in the same state where Brian Kemp won by 8 points.

Candidate quality absolutely matters, even in the very inelastic deep south.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They lost by 2 points in the same state where Brian Kemp won by 8 points.

Candidate quality absolutely matters, even in the very inelastic deep south.
    That's a 10 point swing out of a possible 54. That may be big on today's political environment but the bar should be higher.

Fact is 49% of Georgian voters voted for an absolute political re .
    Last edited by Spurminator; 12-07-2022 at 03:59 PM.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    That's a 10 point swing out of a possible 100. That may be big on today's political environment but the bar should be higher.
    A 10 point swing in a racially polarized, inelastic state is pretty big imo.

Keep in mind, one big difference is that parties used to give up on candidates after they found out about major character flaws. Now senate seats are so valuable that they keep pouring money into it no matter how flawed the candidate is. If the GOP didn't give up on someone like Todd Akin and kept funding his race, he'd have probably come a lot closer to winning.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a 10 point swing out of a possible 54. That may be big on today's political environment but the bar should be higher.

Fact is 49% of Georgian voters voted for an absolute political re .
    they vote mindlessly, even against their own advantage, for any POS with "R"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Keep in mind, one big difference is that parties used to give up on candidates after they found out about major character flaws. Now senate seats are so valuable that they keep pouring money into it no matter how flawed the candidate is. If the GOP didn't give up on someone like Todd Akin and kept funding his race, he'd have probably come a lot closer to winning.
    It's significant for sure in today's environment. Maybe I'm viewing the past through rose colored glasses but I feel like even in my lifetime we've lived in an America where Herschel Walker would have gotten no more than 30% of the vote (had he even gotten the GOP nomination at that time)

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It's significant for sure in today's environment. Maybe I'm viewing the past through rose colored glasses but I feel like even in my lifetime we've lived in an America where Herschel Walker would have gotten no more than 30% of the vote (had he even gotten the GOP nomination at that time)
    Yeah I think the dynamic you're not used to is laughably bad, borderline sociopathic candidates being able to win primaries in open races just by touting a Trump endorsement.

Primary races have historically been when candidates like Kari Lake, Mark Finchem, Herschel, Blake Masters, etc. got sniffed out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not necessarily. Yes they shilled for Walker when it was too little too late, but McConnell put next to no resources into Arizona, PA governor, Nevada, Michigan, etc. And none of the candidates, not even Walker, were Todd Akin or Roy Moore level bad.

Yeah I think the dynamic you're not used to is laughably bad, borderline sociopathic candidates being able to win primaries in open races just by touting a Trump endorsement.

Primary races have historically been when candidates like Kari Lake, Mark Finchem, Herschel, Blake Masters, etc. got sniffed out.
    Yeah I don't buy the argument that both GA and AZ aren't at least light pink states still, but they're states where you can't expect to win with ultra maga types. Trump needs to exclusively make endorsements in R+15 or redder states. No doubt he'll find someone to primary out Romney, and Romney will go the way of Liz Cheney. But you can't expect to run the Kari Lake/Herschel types in light pink states and expect to win, they've gotten too blue for that. Heck even in the 90s those two states were light blue and each voted for Clinton once. Those have scarcely been solid red states in recent memory except for maybe the war hawks like Dubya and McCain.

As for WV, it's either Justice or Mooney, but I'm kind of thinking Trump might prefer Mooney. Either way there will be a void to fill in either the governor mansion or a house seat there.
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 12-08-2022 at 01:34 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She's underwater with independents, which just shows how stupid her brand of politics is. The entire point of her contrarianism is to win independents over, if she's not doing that then it destroys any case to be made for centrism.
    Yeah, she not making anyone happy (September 22 poll)
    Lol

https://www.newsweek.com/krysten-sin...-doors-1766036

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sore loser look at me dance.

The grift never stops.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...everyone knew this was coming.

muh fraud

I can't wait for Trump to pick her as his VP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Courts are getting tired of the weak bull Republican sore losers keep bringing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...everyone knew this was coming.

muh fraud

I can't wait for Trump to pick her as his VP
    ...only for the ticket to fall behind 400 delegates by March, cry foul for a couple weeks, lose a lawsuit or two, cry a little while, and then announce suspension of campaign and endorsing DeSantis.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    ...only for the ticket to fall behind 400 delegates by March, cry foul for a couple weeks, lose a lawsuit or two, cry a little while, and then announce suspension of campaign and endorsing DeSantis.
    since when has Trump ever been a good sport about losing elections?

If he loses to RDS, he's going to scream fraud, going to claim the establishment rigged the convention against him, and he'll refuse to endorse DeSantis or do anything to help DeSantis win.

Trump is going to interpret losing in the primary as an act of betrayal by the political party that he thinks he saved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's more likely Trump will mount an independent campaign from a prison cell, tbh.

Thread Information