Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looked at celtics for Jakob -- not sure there is a two trade there with the Spurs in terms of matching salaries.

No reason for LAL to punt the season. I think NO has a 1st round swap with them this year. So if they do poorly, then that pick would go to the Pelicans.
    Except that any trade that is going to make the Lakers somewhat compe ive likely includes unloading WB and that will certainly cost them one or both of their remaining draft picks. While they have no reason to outright tank they may determine that they need something to build on in the just around the corner post-Lebron era and can't afford to jettison what draft capital they have left.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kicking around a trade idea with the Warriors so I'll post it here.

Spurs get:

Wiseman.
    Moody.
    DiVincenzo.
    Patrick Baldwin Jr
    Unprotected 2027 pick swap with either the Spurs or Hawks pick.

Warriors get:
    Jak.
    Richardson.
    KBD.

Spurs take on a bunch of Golden State garbage but that unprotected pick swap as Curry approaches 40 years old just might be worth it long term. This deal cant be completed until December 14th once DiVincenzo becomes tradeable.
    I have always thought that GS is the team that Poeltl can make the biggest impact on. This is a team that thrives when they get quality screens from their 5 which Wiseman (at least so far) just goes through the motions on. Wiseman is only 21 so there is a chance that the light clicks for him at some point. So the Spurs get 2 recent 1st round picks and a pick swap and put the tank into high gear. GS significantly improves their playoff chances. I like it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said as much by inferring he was All-Star caliber. Davis was MVP caliber though.
    when's the last time an MVP caliber player couldn't take his team to the playoffs this is cap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when's the last time an MVP caliber player couldn't take his team to the playoffs this is cap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep seeing this thread thinking there is more juicy Primo news but no. People derailed this thread HARD, now its about MVP'S, Rasheed Wallace and trades lmfao.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, in the case of Primo, no news is good news. If no one else shows up, then the case against him falters.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only James, arguably the GOAT and maybe Durant, were inarguably better for a while, then how much better "should" Davis have been?

Wallace couldn't have been MVP and Davis got about as close as possible considering he's an injury prone, ideally more of a finishing big man (in an era that discriminates against them) who's generally played on chronically injured mediocre - bad teams throughout his career.

I said as much by inferring he was All-Star caliber. Davis was MVP caliber though.

Weird that an “MVP” level player like Davis is almost always playing on bad teams. Hmm. Maybe he’s not actually an MVP level player. He feels more like KAT as for contemporary comparisons. Not sure why you’re going out of your way to defend Anthony Davis. He’s shown to consistently disappoint.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably they want to ensure the players do not talk to the press about the issue. Once they are off the team it could becomes no holds bar.
    Why would any player talk about it? I am sure no player on this team wants to have a conversation about someone else penis.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's happened plenty of times (Garnett, Iverson, Bryant, McGrady, Wade, Westbrook, Curry, etc.), the most notable recent example probably being '19 James, only to have Davis parachute in the following season and lift their flawed team to a championship.

Weird that an “MVP” level player like Davis is almost always playing on bad teams. Hmm. Maybe he’s not actually an MVP level player. He feels more like KAT as for contemporary comparisons. Not sure why you’re going out of your way to defend Anthony Davis. He’s shown to consistently disappoint.
    Archaic, myopic, insecure Spurs fans have this idea that a great player = instant and constant championship contention mainly because of Duncan, as if that's a reasonable standard for a myriad of reasons.

I could care less about Davis, he just receives a lot of unwarranted crap for some reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep seeing this thread thinking there is more juicy Primo news but no. People derailed this thread HARD, now its about MVP'S, Rasheed Wallace and trades lmfao.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People wanting more information about The Flash should probably seek therapy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would any player talk about it? I am sure no player on this team wants to have a conversation about someone else penis.
    Why not? You are practically posting in a thread talking about it. Once the player leave the organisation he might feel less complied to keep any info confidential especially when his close friends or teammates asked him about the issue or the press approaches him. Especially if he is not happy about the trade.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    it's almost comical how little attention this is getting. if this was happening in LA or NY or a team like GSW, it would on the news cycle constantly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those hoping Brian Wright will get fired, here is the basic thing you can point to of why he won't: this story has basically already passed. Literally no one talking about this except this message board. Buzbee will probably hold another press conference soon to keep the energy going, but unless he has pictures of the Spurs clubbing some monk seals, this is probably over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People wanting more information about The Flash should probably seek therapy.
    Wasn't that what Primo was doing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but the Lakers saw a chance at a le and they took it. They got one, even though it has an * for basically being the rec center championship since there were no home/away games. But it goes in the record books as a le. Besides, do they need draft picks when they know they can poach other teams' all stars because everyone wants to play in LA?
    No they don't which is something I've ve always trashed them for is that they get to be draft incompetent and still potentially successful.

But they're about to be really bad. And they're not going to have a meaningful draft selection for at least 4 years, pending any trades. Anthony Davis is a walking injury. Bron once again has a groin injury. Those linger especially in 39 year olds. Westbrook is about to return to form. Nobody will take him without both their draft picks. Just don't see any major free agents picking them as a destination in the next couple of years, at minimum. IOW, they're furked.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No they don't which is something I've ve always trashed them for is that they get to be draft incompetent and still potentially successful.

But they're about to be really bad. And they're not going to have a meaningful draft selection for at least 4 years, pending any trades. Anthony Davis is a walking injury. Bron once again has a groin injury. Those linger especially in 39 year olds. Westbrook is about to return to form. Nobody will take him without both their draft picks. Just don't see any major free agents picking them as a destination in the next couple of years, at minimum. IOW, they're furked.
    I see it similarly. They don't have many options. They could trade AD for a few lesser players and surround an old bron to try an improve their standings for the fans but they aren't going anywhere with that. They might be able to get a player in the WB trade that could help but it'd cost them their picks and by 'player' I mean someone on the Richardson-McDermott level. Maybe they could move AD for a player like KD if KD pushes hard to get out but that's a negative trade for Brooklyn. They just don't have many options. I think I'd try to push for a 3 team deal (although I'll admit it's a longshot to get either team to agree)

LA- KD, Kyrie, and Joe Harris

Spurs- WB, 2 LA 1sts, and LA pick swap and a 1st from Brooklyn

Brooklyn- AD, Jak, Richardson, McDermott, and Beverly

It gets Brooklyn off of a lot of money and they can at least restart things there. LA gets something to sell to their market and we get draft capital. As I said it's a longshot but, I'd be pushing for that if I'm LA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see it similarly. They don't have many options. They could trade AD for a few lesser players and surround an old bron to try an improve their standings for the fans but they aren't going anywhere with that. They might be able to get a player in the WB trade that could help but it'd cost them their picks and by 'player' I mean someone on the Richardson-McDermott level. Maybe they could move AD for a player like KD if KD pushes hard to get out but that's a negative trade for Brooklyn. They just don't have many options. I think I'd try to push for a 3 team deal (although I'll admit it's a longshot to get either team to agree)

LA- KD, Kyrie, and Joe Harris

Spurs- WB, 2 LA 1sts, and LA pick swap and a 1st from Brooklyn

Brooklyn- AD, Jak, Richardson, McDermott, and Beverly

It gets Brooklyn off of a lot of money and they can at least restart things there. LA gets something to sell to their market and we get draft capital. As I said it's a longshot but, I'd be pushing for that if I'm LA.
    If Wright could pull that off he could get caught flashing RC's granddaughter and he'd still be golden showers...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp - you hearing anything on the mentality of the Spurs FO now that Primo stuff has sort of passed by?

Are they still emotionally and mentally not ready to do deals or back open for business? We are getting close to time to start making some moves with guys who arent a part of the future IMO.

Spurs need to keep maximizing their assets and they need to atone for this pretty bad Primo pick/situation. It’s time to get over it and make some moves and not throw baby out with bath water.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp - you hearing anything on the mentality of the Spurs FO now that Primo stuff has sort of passed by?

Are they still emotionally and mentally not ready to do deals or back open for business? We are getting close to time to start making some moves with guys who arent a part of the future IMO.

Spurs need to keep maximizing their assets and they need to atone for this pretty bad Primo pick/situation. It’s time to get over it and make some moves and not throw baby out with bath water.
    It's counter intuitive, perhaps, but the best path of redemption regarding the wasted Primo pick might be to resign him, with, say, a 45 game suspension, including games missed after being waived. If the Spurs org was culpable in any wrongdoing, it failed both Dr. Cauthen and Primo. The team could credibly say we 1) have put new processes in place to better support and protect or staff and 2) to set better standards and expectations for our players, particularly our younger players whose time with us is their first professional job. The organization gets a second chance to do better; Primo gets a second chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all of the greater and more important impacts of the primo situation aside, i can't help but wonder about how he would have been contributing or playing right about now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its insane to me that anyone wants a scenario where primo is resigned

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all of the greater and more important impacts of the primo situation aside, i can't help but wonder about how he would have been contributing or playing right about now.

He would have been contributing to the tank. At the time of his departure he had 9 made field goals and 11 turnovers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its insane to me that anyone wants a scenario where primo is resigned

Yeah, some people seem to take such discussions as a good opportunity to display their own mental illness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Does it still hurt?

Thread Information