Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah definitely don’t want this organization to act like a deer in the head lights they should be able to chew gum and walk at the same time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THAT is where her lawsuit gives her an advantage- she went to spurs mgmt FIRST- and wright ed around for months while she continued getting sexually harassed
    Assumes facts not in evidence.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are linked (once again) to Simmons trade. Nets maybe open to trading Simmons as they faltered in the opening week(s). I’m curious if Spurs would pursue with now without our future “franchise” PG.
    Ship has sailed on that. I wouldn't trade Brian Wright for Simmons.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 11-07-2022 at 06:22 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, Simmons is an ex NBA player. His mental struggles remind me of Guillermo Coria, he was a top ranked tennis player some 20 years ago, and suffered a complete meltdown that caused him to systematically claim mysterious injuries whenever stakes got high, losing impossible games and ultimately ending his career. Serious mental issues are worse than physical ones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This FO is doing everything they possibly can to stay on the treadmill. I don't know if it's just incompetence or inep ude., but I'm not seeing any vision

Just lick your wounds and move on from Primo damn...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    guess a lakers deal isn't happening. if they're not even at a point where they're offering a single first for both richardson and mcdermott they're never going to get where they need to get for a deal to happen
    The vibe in Lakerland is that they're more likely to trade Anthony Davis (rebuild) than try to compete this year.

A rare concession to reality from the generally delusional Lakers org.

Only one possible problem -- no one wants Davis.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, Simmons is an ex NBA player. His mental struggles remind me of Guillermo Coria, he was a top ranked tennis player some 20 years ago, and suffered a complete meltdown that caused him to systematically claim mysterious injuries whenever stakes got high, losing impossible games and ultimately ending his career. Serious mental issues are worse than physical ones.
    Coria sounds like Kawhi.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons is good for a tank commander, but his contract runs another 2 years so he's more the President of an entire tanking administration.

But Brett Brown is here and the presumed heir, so maybe he thinks he can do something with him.

Brooklyn can trade it's 2028 first rounder and has a protected Philadelphia 1st in 2027

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    patty mills coming back.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The vibe in Lakerland is that they're more likely to trade Anthony Davis (rebuild) than try to compete this year.

I just hope it's not for picks and they continue to tank. I don't want Nola getting a top pick from them in this draft... Maybe they could offer WB and AD to Brooklyn for their two drama players?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He said "possible" and somehow this has been taken as definite.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the direction they choose to go isn't going to be swayed by a fluky small sample size of 7 games.

Especially when they're now .500, 28th in point differential and the only team that's trailed 3 games by at least 30 points.

No matter the offers, even so much as considering not trading Poeltl and Richardson would be asinine.

Nonsense. His value obviously wouldn't be what it was 3.5 years ago, but it'd still be good.

But Brett Brown is here and the presumed heir, so maybe he thinks he can do something with him.
    Brown is here for Pop's sanity and because he has experience with this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs aren't going to have a very good record whether they trade Poeltl or not, and if trade offers are truly off the table now they're fools. You're telling me taht if an offer with 2 minimally protected firsts came in RIGHT NOW for Jakob they say no? I just don't understand that.

I don't care how "hot" their start has been. The advanced stats say this team is not good. The record is already on its way to catching up with that. Spurs need to be sellers.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 rotation wing shooters and 21 mil trade exception for 2 second rounders. Ouch.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs aren't going to have a very good record whether they trade Poeltl or not, and if trade offers are truly off the table now they're fools. You're telling me taht if an offer with 2 minimally protected firsts came in RIGHT NOW for Jakob they say no? I just don't understand that.

I don't care how "hot" their start has been. The advanced stats say this team is not good. The record is already on its way to catching up with that. Spurs need to be sellers.
    I think it’s just smoke and babble to let teams know that we’re not giving anyone away on the cheap.

Your point makes a good argument either way. Trade or keep him. Unless it’s 2 firsts or a solid projected top 14 pick there’s no reason not to keep Poeltl. You’re not going to replace him with a late first and if this team can flip some picks to move up he’s not far out of the timeline that we couldn’t benefit from him down the road.

That is if the feeling is that he’ll resign at a reasonable market value.

Don’t get me wrong I’m fine to trade him but I’m just as good to keep him if we’re losing anyway. He’d be a nice piece if our roster improves in the off-season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly ridiculous man this front office is beyond garbage , they refuse to pull the trigger on anything any damn excuse to not trade , it can’t get any worse take get the picks and move everyone and play the young guys. Buncha pussys , can’t commit to any direction

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly ridiculous man this front office is beyond garbage , they refuse to pull the trigger on anything any damn excuse to not trade , it can’t get any worse take get the picks and move everyone and play the young guys. Buncha pussys , can’t commit to any direction
    You want them to take two seconds for taking Westbrook's contract off the Lakers hands? No thanks. If that's all the Lakers value their season then just let that ship sink.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nm
    Last edited by baseline bum; 11-07-2022 at 09:05 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s early and I think there will be more teams interested in a month or so. Few things I’m watching:

— PHX still sitting on that Crowder situation, and need to get under tax (also aren’t playing Saric). Can see them as a Richardson landing spot.

— BOS needs a healthy Timelord to get far. If his health is up and down long than they’d like, do they go after Jakob?

— LAL May just punt of the season if they continue this way making it less urgent to move Brick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dubs should be interested too. They the 3rd worst team in the west and need to make a trade

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s early and I think there will be more teams interested in a month or so. Few things I’m watching:

— PHX still sitting on that Crowder situation, and need to get under tax (also aren’t playing Saric). Can see them as a Richardson landing spot.

— BOS needs a healthy Timelord to get far. If his health is up and down long than they’d like, do they go after Jakob?

— LAL May just punt of the season if they continue this way making it less urgent to move Brick.

Looked at celtics for Jakob -- not sure there is a two trade there with the Spurs in terms of matching salaries.

No reason for LAL to punt the season. I think NO has a 1st round swap with them this year. So if they do poorly, then that pick would go to the Pelicans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Mr. Glass…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People freaking out because we’re pulling players off the market. Happens all the time. This isn’t trading time. Doesn’t mean they won’t be traded, no matter what some other rando GM says.

Spoiler alert: we’re not making the play in.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looked at celtics for Jakob -- not sure there is a two trade there with the Spurs in terms of matching salaries.

No reason for LAL to punt the season. I think NO has a 1st round swap with them this year. So if they do poorly, then that pick would go to the Pelicans.
    I don’t know man, feels like it’s either they 1) try hard with this roster and still suck, or 2) tear it down and also suck. Sure they have the Brick deal, but not sure even Heild/Turner fixes their woes. That seems to be the “best” deal out there now. Might as well do something like trade Davis to NYK for their full complement of picks and rebuild. LeBron seems to have come to terms with reality and I think is prioritizing his sons and living the good life in LA.

In all scenarios, I’m feeling pretty damn happy if I’m the Pels right now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the front office somehow thinks this is a play in team and we should not be having fire sales on veterans then just fire everybody tbh.

It's absurd that they can't do trades and be involved in a lawsuit at the same time? Is one of the scouts also the team lawyer ?

Luckily we will lose enough games to get a shot at the number one pick so as usual the players will save the front office from themselves.

I've said for years that there are signs that the spurs front office is an absolute dumpster fire and stuff like this just proves it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spoiler alert: we’re not making the play in.
    Because they will go straight to the playoffs.

Thread Information