Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    guess a lakers deal isn't happening. if they're not even at a point where they're offering a single first for both richardson and mcdermott they're never going to get where they need to get for a deal to happen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the update timvp! The most frustrating aspect of this, as a fan, is the Spurs have buttoned down the hatches and we’re on the outside looking in. I’m looking forward to understanding the Spurs version of events.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo update aside, disheartened on the trade front. Guess not a big surprise if the lakers are only willing to include 2 2nd round picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This makes absolutely no sense that they would deviate from their plans on trading if their price is met just to avoid looking dysfunctional. Really disappointing fall out from the Primo debacle if true.

Not only burn the pick in spectacular fashion but not conducting business as normal because of it as well? How on earth does that help the situation and recouping loss capital? It’s just dumb

But, if all true, I am glad Wright and Spurs *seemingly* did the right things here. That part is great and happy to hear that and seems to be what Spurs believe happened given their statement and not firing Wright already.

If they felt it was bad, no way they would not let Wright take the fall if it were true what her lawyer said.

But the basketball operation stuff is kind of infuriating to hear not going to lie.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like the idea of the FO thinking about trying to pivot into being buyers. Last year's team was better than their record indicated but this year's team is the opposite. The Spurs have already lost as many games by 20+ as last year's team did all season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if they don't trade anybody until summer, fire the entire front office

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the Lakers being the most obvious partner and lowballing (and not to mention being enemies of Pop and RC) it sounds like a moot point. But the early success definitely seems fleeting. And hopefully they aren’t getting too locked in to any mindset (which sounds similar to getting the wrong expectation from the Bubble games a few years ago where they did better than expected.)

I think as the losses pile up they will see things differently. But the Lakers might not still come around.

(Tangent: wasn’t there an instance like 20 years ago when the NBA fined RC for when during a video call with the Lakers and Mitch Kupchak, he grabbed his nuts and said something like “Take that Meyotch!!”) Timvp, that was forever ago. Anything you can share about that? Lol.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not one who BELIEVES that wright is safe-
    unless the press conference and the victim are completely full of and in these matters it usually turns out to be that the victim is prone to be LESS full of than the perp

There just is no logical explanation for wright stalling/delaying action after the crime was reported

as for trades- i dont see the rush in getting rid of purtle by some spurs fans here-
    why give up a good piece for nothing?

even if the spurs fail to get the top pick- they are poised to get a top 5 pick so keeping purtle and other current spurs and adding that pick seems better to me than trading everyone away for nothing

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like where this is heading.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    unless the press conference and the victim are completely full of and in these matters it usually turns out to be that the victim is prone to be LESS full of than the perp

There just is no logical explanation for wright stalling/delaying action after the crime was reported

as for trades- i dont see the rush in getting rid of purtle by some spurs fans here-

even if the spurs fail to get the top pick- they are poised to get a top 5 pick so keeping purtle and other current spurs and adding that pick seems better to me than trading everyone away for nothing
    how? they seem to be poised to get into the play-in. I don't see them getting a top 5 pick in this years draft without trading away some players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

All true and good points.
    However the flip is why did she tolerate 9 (nine) separate instances?

B. If she sincerely felt dissed and was indeed a victim of Primo and the Spurs PATFO, why not get a reputable atty and pursue this sincerely?
    Instead she runs to sleazeball Buzbee.

Stinks.

We need more info on both sides, probably won't ever get it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trades will happen…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol theyre gonna make it to the play in game, lose, and end up with a mid to late lotto pick again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trades will happen…
    Its generally not the time to trade anyway. If the spurs aren't active at the deadline than sure,.fire wright, but its obtuse to say the spurs are blowing it by not taking offers in the early season. I repeat that teams would likely try lowball the spurs in response to waiving primo thinking that the spurs might clear the house

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how? they seem to be poised to get into the play-in. I don't see them getting a top 5 pick in this years draft without trading away some players
    they had a good start but the season is long and they will eventually come back down to earth and go thru some growing pains

pretty sure the “experts” were not too far off in their lack of talent assessment of the spurs- fortunately or unfortunately depending on your point of view

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All true and good points.
    However the flip is why did she tolerate 9 (nine) separate instances?

B. If she sincerely felt dissed and was indeed a victim of Primo and the Spurs PATFO, why not get a reputable atty and pursue this sincerely?
    Instead she runs to sleazeball Buzbee.

Stinks.

We need more info on both sides, probably won't ever get it.
    THAT is where her lawsuit gives her an advantage- she went to spurs mgmt FIRST- and wright ed around for months while she continued getting sexually harassed

most lawsuits like this fail when the victim runs to the press FIRST

but usually succeed when the victim goes to mgmt first and reports the crime and ASKS FOR RELIEF!

usually if mgmt tries to offer relief they dont get crucified/convicted

but

when a victim runs to mgmt to report the crime and mgmt

either IGNORES and/or worse- RETALIATES- then the case gets stronger

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they had a good start but the season is long and they will eventually come back down to earth and go thru some growing pains

pretty sure the “experts” were not too far off in their lack of talent assessment of the spurs- fortunately or unfortunately depending on your point of view
    them coming back down to earth doesn't mean they one of the 5 worst teams in the league. Spurs are clearly better than the Rockets, Lakers, Pistons, Magic. Then there are teams like the Kings, OKC, Pacers, Hornets, Jazz that will start tanking at some point. The Spurs need to get ahead of those teams otherwise they will end up in the same spot they were in last season

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder why Buzbee tip toed around Pop. Lots of SA people are conservative and like the Spurs but not Pop these days. A Bexar county trial might not automatically favor the Spurs. But hard to say for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I also doubt Wright is safe here
    If you look at the history of these things there's a tendency to not believe the initial victim especially if the perpetrator is someone well liked or you've invested a lot into.
    Now there are a lot things in the timeline that don't make a lot of sense. However a lot of things just don't make sense form the Spurs side also.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    them coming back down to earth doesn't mean they one of the 5 worst teams in the league. Spurs are clearly better than the Rockets, Lakers, Pistons, Magic. Then there are teams like the Kings, OKC, Pacers, Hornets, Jazz that will start tanking at some point. The Spurs need to get ahead of those teams otherwise they will end up in the same spot they were in last season
    again- fortunately or unfortunately

on the one hand they might continue their play and be a surprise…which will make half of spurs fans happy and half of spurs fans miserable

on the other hand, as other teams get their legs and their rotations and game plans sorted- this spurs team might discover that not having a go to scorer is the difference between wins and losses especially in close games…and this will cause this team to head to the lower 5 tier teams =

and this will make half spurs fans happy/other half miserable lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    again- fortunately or unfortunately

on the one hand they might continue their play and be a surprise…which will make half of spurs fans happy and half of spurs fans miserable

on the other hand, as other teams get their legs and their rotations and game plans sorted- this spurs team might discover that not having a go to scorer is the difference between wins and losses especially in close games…and this will cause this team to head to the lower 5 tier teams =

and this will make half spurs fans happy/other half miserable lol
    I still hope teams will go zone and dare Sochan and Tre Jones to knock down 3s. Let's just hope the losing streak continues. According to their point differential they should be 2-8, so there's some hope

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are linked (once again) to Simmons trade. Nets maybe open to trading Simmons as they faltered in the opening week(s). I’m curious if Spurs would pursue with now without our future “franchise” PG.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ROFL at the Lakers thinking anyone is taking Westbrook off their hands for a couple of second rounders. Just keep tanking your season losers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Standing still because of fear of screwing up after the Primo debacle is the absolute worst scenario. That's probably the nail in the coffin for the catastrophe that was Primo's tenure with the Spurs.

Thread Information