Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any update on his wife injury?
    None. He is listed on the Spurs injury report as simply "Out - G League". My attempts to ask Spurs beat reporters on Twitter has gone unanswered. Bassey himself retweeted on Twitter this morning "better days are coming"

Just crazy it is 2023 and there is ZERO info about this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the other hand, there was this good news on the night Bassey was injured: San Antonio Spurs Two-Way player Dominick Barlow led Austin with a double-double 32 points and 10 rebounds. Is there any place I can watch Austin highlights? I think there is more good news up there than in San Antonio

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Highlights to pretty much every game are posted in the Austin Toros thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still ZERO information on Bassey's injury anywhere, which is Bizarre, but he wasn't named to the G-League Next Up team for the All-Star game despite being one of the top vote getters. Definitely makes me think he is done for the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still ZERO information on Bassey's injury anywhere, which is Bizarre, but he wasn't named to the G-League Next Up team for the All-Star game despite being one of the top vote getters. Definitely makes me think he is done for the year.
    Even a grade one or two sprain would keep him out of that game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only thing I can surmise is they are getting second opinions on the severity and timetable to return before announcing exactly what his injury is. Which makes me think it's believed to be serious, and thus a long recovery time frame but maybe Bassey or his reps think there's some uncertainty to the diagnosis.

Otherwise his status without an injury update to even what body part sustained an injury just seems odd.

Hopefully I'm off and he can come back asapbut I sense there's a longer term recovery in his future given the odd delay on his status.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not sure the Sours care to release injury updates for anyone let alone a g-leaguer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not sure the Sours care to release injury updates for anyone let alone a g-leaguer.
    There's a requirement for it. Knicks just got fined 25K for not properly reporting on one. Not sure how that rule translates to the G-league but you'd think it might be similar framework for all NBA affiliates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

First I've seen of anyone getting any kind of update. I chat with the guy he was responding to pretty frequently since we both collect Bassey cards.

Edit: once again, tweet embed not working. Here's a link: https://twitter.com/Matthew_Tynan/status/1620545614076579841?s=20&t=eexv_PZDK7LNN1piXQMlPw
    Last edited by scott; 01-31-2023 at 08:13 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

First I've seen of anyone getting any kind of update. I chat with the guy he was responding to pretty frequently since we both collect Bassey cards.

Edit: once again, tweet embed not working. Here's a link: https://twitter.com/Matthew_Tynan/status/1620545614076579841?s=20&t=eexv_PZDK7LNN1piXQMlPw
    Just type this number:
    https://twitter.com/Matthew_Tynan/status/1620545614076579841?s=20&t=eexv_PZDK7LNN1piXQMlPw
    between [TWEET][/TWEET ] tags (intentionally left a space so that it would show). Like this:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just type this number:
    https://twitter.com/Matthew_Tynan/status/1620545614076579841?s=20&t=eexv_PZDK7LNN1piXQMlPw
    between [TWEET][/TWEET ] tags (intentionally left a space so that it would show). Like this:
    I did that. When I go to edit my post, it is still in there... it just doesn't show up in my post for some reason.

Edit: now it shows up. It's been acting funny lately. Probably user error.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did that. When I go to edit my post, it is still in there... it just doesn't show up in my post for some reason.

I tried it the other day too and it didn't work either.

Great news if true on his injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those keeping track... still no official news on Bassey (which just seems totally insane to me), but he was in street clothes on the bench during last night's Austin Spurs game.

Blake did put in 29 pts on 11-18 and 3-6 from 3. 2 Assists vs 4 turnovers though.

Barlow 21 pts and 10 reb on 6-11 and 2-3 from 3.

Spurs lost on a buzzer beater by old friend Robert Woodard II.

The Ignite coming up for two games next week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trying to get to the Austin Spurs website is a pain. I kept getting kicked to their ticket sales. And I never could find the highlight vids menu or any particular game. It might be the worst website for a team I ever saw. Someone with the knowhow and the time should start a Austin Spurs thread with all that info.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trying to get to the Austin Spurs website is a pain. I kept getting kicked to their ticket sales. And I never could find the highlight vids menu or any particular game. It might be the worst website for a team I ever saw. Someone with the knowhow and the time should start a Austin Spurs thread with all that info.
    We already have one. It's the Austin Toros thread.

Also, are you 80 years old or something. Site is really easy to find and navigate. https://austin.gleague.nba.com/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bassey didn’t play in Austin’s last game either, and still no official reports about his injury. Spurs beat writers completely clueless of the injury or too lazy to inquire with the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming Collins will replace Poelt on the 1st unit, is he now gonna be the bench C?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aggravating how the franchise no longer reports injury information.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp - has any kind of injury been brought up when you’ve talked to your sources?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp - has any kind of injury been brought up when you’ve talked to your sources?
    No, I haven't heard anything. Weird situation. Perhaps the Spurs just wanted to keep him on ice until the inevitable Poeltl trade and didn't even want him risking injury in the G League. Guess we'll see soon enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I haven't heard anything. Weird situation. Perhaps the Spurs just wanted to keep him on ice until the inevitable Poeltl trade and didn't even want him risking injury in the G League. Guess we'll see soon enough.
    But I thought he actually did hurt himself in the G League?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There’s a lag while it fetches the tweet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But I thought he actually did hurt himself in the G League?
    Yeah, I'm saying perhaps the Spurs didn't want him playing in G League after that injury scare due to the impending Poeltl trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We already have one. It's the Austin Toros thread.

Also, are you 80 years old or something. Site is really easy to find and navigate. https://austin.gleague.nba.com/
    I just kept getting on links which were for ticket sales. Actually I'm 82 and was probably a Spurs season ticket holder before you were born. Don't you feel bad for posting an agist remark and beating up on an old man.

Thread Information