Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Join the feast!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should be signed to a full contract tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should be signed to a full contract tbh...
    I think eventually, he will be. Can’t see Jordan Hall making it past the NBA guarantee deadline. He’s terrible. That would open a spot, as would any lopsided trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A rebounding big FINALLY! Thanks for the gimme, Doc!

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Number 28. At first I thought Ian Mahinmi was back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last night was my first game watching him, and I'm pretty sold already tbh. What caught me most was how pedestrian he made everything look: I didn't see a single thing that I can't see him doing every other night, those kind of "flukey" hot-shooting nights or whatever, no sir. Just played hard and hustled, and everything else came with it. Exciting .

Glenn Rivers stays ing up whichever team he's a part of

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a two way can he stay up here forever or he’s gonna be forced to go back to Austin ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a two way can he stay up here forever or he’s gonna be forced to go back to Austin ?
    He can play a max of 50 NBA games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think eventually, he will be. Can’t see Jordan Hall making it past the NBA guarantee deadline. He’s terrible. That would open a spot, as would any lopsided trade.
    Seems like the logical path for signing Bassey to a full deal. This guy has Spur DNA, you can tell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bassey is a throwback. He has that old-school NBA body. His size, his physicality, the strong deliberate way he moves. He's straight from the 90's almost as much as Pat Riley. (Except for his pretty nice three-point shot.)

I get a kick out of watching him play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It will always be a headscratcher. I guess the Sixers didn't have a Wieskamp or Aminu deep in the bench they could cut to keep Bassey. With such long rosters, how could they not have made something happen?

And then, as pointed out, the entire league let him sit there after he passed waivers. I get that rosters were generally filled at that point.

Bassey seems to like quieter, non-fancy/non-glitzy destinations. I haven't heard anything about his choice of Western Kentucky, but he didn't go for a bigger program. San Antonio seems attractive to him, just a normal dude who wants to play basketball.

Ultimately, he's produced in high school, he was productive in college, and he's doing the same now. I don't mind him going late in the 2nd -- but it's hard to think he could have gone higher with more hype. True, hsi A:TO wasn't great, but he was blocking shots, rebounding, and was like at .300 from deep, I believe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can play a max of 50 NBA games.
    I think they’ll sign him full to give him more burn with the mothership. Faried being his replacement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

smh Glenn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Number 28. At first I thought Ian Mahinmi was back
    He was the guest Spurs callback a few games ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is a beast. Good get for sa

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL @ next Shaq .... but good to see his journey and his SA roots

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will always be a headscratcher. I guess the Sixers didn't have a Wieskamp or Aminu deep in the bench they could cut to keep Bassey. With such long rosters, how could they not have made something happen?

And then, as pointed out, the entire league let him sit there after he passed waivers. I get that rosters were generally filled at that point.

Bassey seems to like quieter, non-fancy/non-glitzy destinations. I haven't heard anything about his choice of Western Kentucky, but he didn't go for a bigger program. San Antonio seems attractive to him, just a normal dude who wants to play basketball.

Ultimately, he's produced in high school, he was productive in college, and he's doing the same now. I don't mind him going late in the 2nd -- but it's hard to think he could have gone higher with more hype. True, hsi A:TO wasn't great, but he was blocking shots, rebounding, and was like at .300 from deep, I believe.
    I was able to dig up this blurb on his college recruiting, seems like there wasn't much about him despite being a 5-start recruit and the top C in the nation coming out of HS: https://www.tarheeltimes.com/article94530.aspx

This article makes it seem like it was always a done deal that Bassey would go to WKU: https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ing/702239002/

Indeed, it was his guardian Hennssy who brought Bassey to St. Anthony along with a bevvy of other talented players and spurred the Yellow Jackets getting booted from TAPPS. As a St. Anthony alum myself, I can tell you our school is not an athletic training ground (like St. Anthony in NJ used to be, maybe still is?). In every sport, we were a bunch of undersized kids enjoying a chance to play as an extra curricular activity. Many of us who played varsity ball would not have made the team at big public schools.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great article by the Philly Inquirer basically calling the Sixers morons https://www.inquirer.com/sixers/sixe...-20221113.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ol’ Brian Wright getting’er done!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they’ll sign him full to give him more burn with the mothership. Faried being his replacement.
    Knowing PATFO they might be reluctant to terminal Hall twice, so it would probably needs to wait until a mid season trade is done or promise him a full contract next season. There is also Zollins role to be addressed if Bassey is signed full time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is also Zollins role to be addressed if Bassey is signed full time.
    Poeltl will be gone in a few months so its Zollins/Bassey as our centers after the trade deadline ... pretty sure Zollins will start then

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knowing PATFO they might be reluctant to terminal Hall twice, so it would probably needs to wait until a mid season trade is done or promise him a full contract next season. There is also Zollins role to be addressed if Bassey is signed full time.
    Hall is fully unguaranteed. I don’t think that was an accident. I’d be genuinely shocked if he makes it past the non guaranteed cut deadline in January. I mean, AJ was released 3 or 4 different times by the Spurs. Not sure where you’re getting a reluctance to release borderline players from.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kick their ass C Bass!

Thread Information