Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Mundial starts in elimination phase, but still to lose to Saudi Arabia in group stages can’t be good. Poland won’t be a walk trough. They will depend a lot on results from other teams.
    If Argentina wins their two remaining elimination games they are through? So its still in their hands.
    I think. Maybe my brain has broken like Hater's...

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    fun fact... coach of saudi arabia is french
    Hervé Renard!

African legend, better looking Claude Leroy

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    If Argentina wins their two remaining elimination games they are through? So its still in their hands.
    I think. Maybe my brain has broken like Hater's...
    Mexico vs Poland 0:0 was a great result for Argentina and Saudi Arabia too. Argentina could still recover winning both games vs those teams.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Mexico vs Poland 0:0 was a great result for Argentina and Saudi Arabia too. Argentina could still recover winning both games vs those teams.
    Oh I see.
    You are talking about their placement within the group.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Meh. Personally, I don't make a big fuss out of it. If we're good enough, no big deal, we'll dig ourselves out of this hole by beating Mexico and Poland. And if we can't, well, losing now or getting stomped on by France in the round of 16 isn't all that different to me.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Watching recording now

Why is Saudi team all black?

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    I support "bad guys" like Iran & even Russia

Saudi Arabia maybe because I've lived so long in the USA - my most disliked nation. I hope we can revenge many of our friends in Game2.

DEUS VELT!

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Watching recording now

Because they have always had brown and black people

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Because they have always had brown and black people
    They were hiding under the sheik

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    Watching recording now

Why is french team all black?

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Hervé Renard!

African legend, better looking Claude Leroy

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    I’m not Team Argentina fan but some of those nullified goals looked legit. The third nullified goal was clearly offsides - so no issue there. On the 2nd nullified goal, however, the offsides player did not participate in the actual play on goal so I think it should’ve counted. Similarly, the first nullified goal looked borderline good as well. It shouldn’t matter if Messi is leaning in behind the defensive line when the pass is made, his feet are parallel with the defender’s feet.
    Last edited by Phenomanul; 11-23-2022 at 01:36 AM.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    9/11 boys deserve a Polish ass kicking

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I doubt Slovenian refs had any interest helping SA, and off-side isn’t called from were the foots are. Those forwards should learn to be running always slightly on-side. Still remember the WC final 2014 where Messi throw a great assist from right extreme, only to find Higuain looking at German defenders and still running like 1m off-side.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Mundial starts in elimination phase, but still to lose to Saudi Arabia in group stages can’t be good. Poland won’t be a walk trough. They will depend a lot on results from other teams.
    Meh, Spain lost the first game in 2010 and ended up winning it all. Still, pretty big up not to take advantage of that first game, now you are playing for your life in every single game.

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    Meh, Spain lost the first game in 2010 and ended up winning it all. Still, pretty big up not to take advantage of that first game, now you are playing for your life in every single game.
    comparing one of the best teams ever assembled to a bunch or Argentine Chicharrones

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    comparing one of the best teams ever assembled to a bunch or Argentine Chicharrones
    1990 Argentina, 1994 Italy. There's tons of examples of teams losing their first game and then making it far. Argentina has a good team, but unfortunately most of their players got to the WC without the fitness/performance level required. Let's see if they can get back on track vs Mexico and Poland, if not, they weren't going to do much anyway, tbh.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    1990 Argentina, 1994 Italy. There's tons of examples of teams losing their first game and then making it far. Argentina has a good team, but unfortunately most of their players got to the WC without the fitness/performance level required. Let's see if they can get back on track vs Mexico and Poland, if not, they weren't going to do much anyway, tbh.
    1990 : Cameroon was 1 goal away form reaching the semis tbh, they had a good team

1994 : Italy lost to Rep of Ireland I can agree with you, that wasn't a good look for Italy but they eventually reached the final

They barely qualified tohugh lol

Pos Team
    • v
    • t
    • e

Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts Qualification
    1 Mexico 3 1 1 1 3 3 0 4 Advance to knockout stage
    2 Republic of Ireland 3 1 1 1 2 2 0 4
    3 Italy 3 1 1 1 2 2 0 4
    4 Norway 3 1 1 1 1 1 0 4

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    1990 had great defense, Maradona and Cani to pull out some offensive magic, and Goycoechea to stop penalties. Plus Argentina ended third in the group.
    1994 had Baggio to completely put the team on his shoulders. Italy classified being third in the group, that was necessary with 24 teams, but with 32 teams is not.

It’s not quite comparable.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Spain having fun

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    1990 had great defense, Maradona and Cani to pull out some offensive magic, and Goycoechea to stop penalties. Plus Argentina ended third in the group.
    1994 had Baggio to completely put the team on his shoulders. Italy classified being third in the group, that was necessary with 24 teams, but with 32 teams is not.

It’s not quite comparable.
    And Argentina are the current Copa America champions and have Messi. What's your point?

If they find their form, they should qualify. The problem is: will they find their form?

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    fap going the "non issue" route, of course

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    And Argentina are the current Michel Ratón champions and have Missi. What's your point?

Thread Information