Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This site says it has developed a dashboard that will be updated every day to give the odds on the Spurs getting the #1 pick. I don't know if it will work out, but some folks are so focused on the draft pick that I thought you might want to check this daily. 2022-23 San Antonio Spurs Team & Player Stats | StatMuse

IF nothing else, the dashboard has various stat columns such as Overview, Stats, Roster, History that can be of interest and quickly consulted. It will save me some time and clicks from going to Basketball Reference assuming it gets enough attention every day to stay on the front page of ST.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This site says it has developed a dashboard that will be updated every day to give the odds on the Spurs getting the #1 pick. I don't know if it will work out, but some folks are so focused on the draft pick that I thought you might want to check this daily. 2022-23 San Antonio Spurs Team & Player Stats | StatMuse

IF nothing else, the dashboard has various stat columns such as Overview, Stats, Roster, History that can be of interest and quickly consulted. It will save me some time and clicks from going to Basketball Reference assuming it gets enough attention every day to stay on the front page of ST.
    The ringer has a good article on draft odds for tanking teams. Basically, you want to be under 25 wins for the season. Go above that and teams historically have not had much luck in the lottery.

The Spurs are bad and trending in the right (bad) direction. They just need a couple of long losing streaks (to make up for the fluke start) and then should in good shape for the tank.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ringer has a good article on draft odds for tanking teams. Basically, you want to be under 25 wins for the season. Go above that and teams historically have not had much luck in the lottery.

The Spurs are bad and trending in the right (bad) direction. They just need a couple of long losing streaks (to make up for the fluke start) and then should in good shape for the tank.
    A few fluke early season wins and a gift win against milwaukee. Now was a hard stretch of the schedule but it's going to get a little easier so the spurs will get a few more wins coming up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The odds are 14% for Spurs to land the #1 pick in the 2023 NBA Draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, only losers tank

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, only losers tank
    Yes, that is correct. Winning and "tanking" do not go hand in hand. Losing is required.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did tankathon sim today (spurs 6th worst record right now), and got the 1st pick on first try!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No matter where we finish, the odds will never be higher than 14%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't be higher than 14%. Adam Silver saw the Spurs starting to struggle a few years ago and changed the rules.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have the worst defense in the league and our offense is ranked 25th out of 30 teams.
    Yeah, we have a shot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will be super stocked just to land anywhere in the top 5 as I am not to greedy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did tankathon sim today (spurs 6th worst record right now), and got the 1st pick on first try!!
    Yeah that is a concern definitely need Vassell and Sochan to get more rebounds - But it is weird I think we are the 3rd worst rebounding team in the NBA which lends to our record. However, the second worst is Utah and they are in second place in our division

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of the same folks that want to tank are criticizing the experiments with the lineups???? Make up your minds.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of the same folks that want to tank are criticizing the experiments with the lineups???? Make up your minds.
    Tanking doesn't mean playing with as little ball handling/play making as they currently are, at least not at this juncture.

Bringing in some random guard who can do those things competently isn't changing their fortunes, it'd just give them a chance to not embarrass themselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tanking doesn't mean playing with as little ball handling/play making as they currently are, at least not at this juncture.

Bringing in some random guard who can do those things competently isn't changing their fortunes, it'd just give them a chance to not embarrass themselves.
    So you want them to lose but not getting embarrassed? Not having a backup PG is the perfect opportunity to lose, while expanding Sochan’s ability as a possible point-forward. I still believe they are better than they’re exhibiting. And putting a decent guard would just make it harder to lose imo. Why? So not to get embarrassed?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you want them to lose but not getting embarrassed? Not having a backup PG is the perfect opportunity to lose, while expanding Sochan’s ability as a possible point-forward. I still believe they are better than they’re exhibiting. And putting a decent guard would just make it harder to lose imo. Why? So not to get embarrassed?
    Not sure what's hard to understand about wanting them to be able to function but still suck.

When you know you don't even have a chance to do the former, efforts like last night start occurring more regularly and bad habits start to form.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure what's hard to understand about wanting them to be able to function but still suck.

When you know you don't even have a chance to do the former, efforts like last night start occurring more regularly and bad habits start to form.
    I’m not picking on you. But I think ST posters want them to tank for that Victor/Scoot sweepstakes BUT they cannot get embarrassed. Bruh, a loss is a loss. It’s not like they’re chucking 3’s either. It’s only less than 20 games in the season. By the time they’re 10-40, are we going to crucify this team? We want them to tank BUT it has to be this way or that. Come on.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not picking on you. But I think ST posters want them to tank for that Victor/Scoot sweepstakes BUT they cannot get embarrassed. Bruh, a loss is a loss. It’s not like they’re chucking 3’s either. It’s only less than 20 games in the season. By the time they’re 10-40, are we going to crucify this team? We want them to tank BUT it has to be this way or that. Come on.
    You're too fixated on that specific word. As I said, it's more a question of functionality.

The current youth should be put in a position that best suits them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just discovered that Boris Diaw is the president of Metropolitans 92, Wembanyama's team. Nice to think the Pop or RC can call any time for insider updates.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I miss Boris

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just discovered that Boris Diaw is the president of Metropolitans 92, Wembanyama's team. Nice to think the Pop or RC can call any time for insider updates.
    Does it even matter if Spurs dont get 1st or 2nd pick?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes it does as they are still some stud players probably in the 3rd to 6th range - Yeah it would be nice to get a top 2 pick but probably any player in the top 8 range has more upside then any current Spurs player. Not hating on any of our guys it's just the name of the game top talent the higher the draft pick..

Even if we get the number one pick this team still needs more talent so for me I am looking at this year and next year at getting high draft picks with the hopes we make the correct picks. If that happens then start adding some key vets when needed to seriously compete in playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    any player in the top 8 range has more upside then any current Spurs player
    The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes it does as they are still some stud players probably in the 3rd to 6th range - Yeah it would be nice to get a top 2 pick but probably any player in the top 8 range has more upside then any current Spurs player. Not hating on any of our guys it's just the name of the game top talent the higher the draft pick..

Even if we get the number one pick this team still needs more talent so for me I am looking at this year and next year at getting high draft picks with the hopes we make the correct picks. If that happens then start adding some key vets when needed to seriously compete in playoffs
    If the Spurs get the number 1 or 2 pick, not sure if people are remembering, but the Spurs also have a lot of money to lure in big free agents to play with those guys. I am sure lots of players would like to play with the two guys who as of right now are considered to go 1 & 2.
    Last edited by Ice009; 11-21-2022 at 09:18 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs get the number 1 or 2 pick, not sure if people are remembering, but the Spurs also have a lot of money to lure in big free agents to play those guys. I am sure lots of players would like to play with the two guys who as of right now are considered to go 1 & 2.
    Not in their 1st 3 years no. Spurs would be very good, but I doubt any Tier player would be knocking on Spurs door to ring chase with a 18 yrs old (19 at draft day).

Thread Information