Is Texas:

Better
    Worse
    The same?

Since Beard got removed.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count

"Over the last 100 games, the series is tied 50-50. The total points scored over the last 100 games are nearly identical, with Duke leading 7,861-7,844 (+17)"

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Pure speculation.
    Is Texas:

Better
    Worse
    The same?

Since Beard got removed.
    I see no difference except the coach

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Pure speculation.
    Is Texas:

Better
    Worse
    The same?

Since Beard got removed.
    I think just very slightly worse.

But they have a bunch of veteran leaders on that team, especially at guard, so they'll be expected to make a deep tourney run. I mean, they'll prob be a 2 seed, at worst a 3

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Pure speculation.
    Is Texas:

Better
    Worse
    The same?

Since Beard got removed.
    Very difficult question.
    The record in conference says better but by the actual play in games…? They were horrible the first half against KSU.
    And imo very vulnerable to big men led teams. But they are deep and scrappy. They are winning difficult games but then nothing appears easy. If they beat Kansas away on Monday it would be big. They looked like an always 10 pts behind team against Tenn.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    North Texas Mean Green
    Post Count
    I think the last year I watched college basketball and cared it was that time KD missed that free throw line shot that would have forced OT and the Longhorns were eliminated.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think the last year I watched college basketball and cared it was that time KD missed that free throw line shot that would have forced OT and the Longhorns were eliminated.
    I have had to exactly opposite problem.
    The pro game is so rife with traveling and carrying its just completely unwatchable.
    Last season in a really big game I watched Steph Curry get thrown a really bad pass on a catch and shoot. Curry took at least 4 steps to get his feet set properly, but set quickly to hit a long three. He could have never got the ball to the basket had he not reset properly (traveled) it was such a bad pass. But its Steph so.... 3 eeeeeeeee!. I was sick to the stomach. All the announcer saw it but what a great shot! It was, using at least 4 steps to get his balance.

This is the most college basketball regular season I have watched for a really long time but its not that much.

My Team
    North Texas Mean Green
    Post Count
    I have had to exactly opposite problem.
    The pro game is so rife with traveling and carrying its just completely unwatchable.
    Last season in a really big game I watched Steph Curry get thrown a really bad pass on a catch and shoot. Curry took at least 4 steps to get his feet set properly, but set quickly to hit a long three. He could have never got the ball to the basket had he not reset properly (traveled) it was such a bad pass. But its Steph so.... 3 eeeeeeeee!. I was sick to the stomach. All the announcer saw it but what a great shot! It was, using at least 4 steps to get his balance.

This is the most college basketball regular season I have watched for a really long time but its not that much.
    Yeah, me too regarding the NBA. Forget politics... it's just overall not the quality product it used to be even last generation. Traveling, carrying, moving screens, offensive violations and offensive fouls in general are almost never called. Corporate ads on jerseys... yuck... 10 different jerseys for every team and only 2 of them actually make sense as per the team logo and colors... yuck... home court color paint being changed for just about every other home game, yuck... can't play defense anymore.... yuck, the league has gotten chuck-centric since Curry and the GSWs FUBARed the game. Nobody drives to the hole anymore. Nobody really tries on defense anymore because they know if they breathe on a guy it's a foul. And it's spread to pick up games too. On offense guys are too lazy to drive to the hoop. Not much strategy left in the NBA or basketball in general. The days of running well orchestrated halfcourt basketball are long gone because everything is a continuous transition. Basketball is unwatchable. The peak of the NBA was the 90s up to the Kwame-Gasol trade. Then it was still watchable up until Steve Kerr sicked a 7' TOSB from the Georgia Republic on the Spurs' best player's lower leg, on purpose. It hasn't even been close to watchable since.

My Team
    North Texas Mean Green
    Post Count
    I miss the glory days of basketball and the NBA where every basket, every shot, every free throw counted and mattered... every basket was difficult to get, and the wisest and most well coached teams would outsmart and out-execute the other team, not just the teams with the best athletes or the best chuckers. Rules were enforced, and not just against the defense. Points were at a premium and every shot mattered. I greatly miss and yearn for those days of basketball and I'm not upset that I chose to give up basketball at just the right time both in terms of the quality of product and in terms of practicality for my life situation and being an adult versus a school age post-adolescent.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yeah, me too regarding the NBA. Forget politics... it's just overall not the quality product it used to be even last generation. Traveling, carrying, moving screens, offensive violations and offensive fouls in general are almost never called. Corporate ads on jerseys... yuck... 10 different jerseys for every team and only 2 of them actually make sense as per the team logo and colors... yuck... home court color paint being changed for just about every other home game, yuck... can't play defense anymore.... yuck, the league has gotten chuck-centric since Curry and the GSWs FUBARed the game. Nobody drives to the hole anymore. Nobody really tries on defense anymore because they know if they breathe on a guy it's a foul. And it's spread to pick up games too. On offense guys are too lazy to drive to the hoop. Not much strategy left in the NBA or basketball in general. The days of running well orchestrated halfcourt basketball are long gone because everything is a continuous transition. Basketball is unwatchable. The peak of the NBA was the 90s up to the Kwame-Gasol trade. Then it was still watchable up until Steve Kerr sicked a 7' TOSB from the Georgia Republic on the Spurs' best player's lower leg, on purpose. It hasn't even been close to watchable since.
    Yep.

And the Spurs suck.

My Team
    North Carolina Tar Heels
    Post Count
    Wide open this year as far as who will be cutting down the nets in Houston. Houston themselves would be cool to win in their hometown, have a legit chance of getting there as do several other teams. The Longhorns are having a phenomenal season and can see them getting a 1 seed as long as they finish the season strong.

My Tar Heels...have struggled to put it lightly. Not sure if last season's run was just a fluke or what, but they need to finish strong themselves just to make the tournament. Big win against Clemson yesterday to help with that.

Interesting next month and a half coming up for sure.

Texas.

Psssshhh. These phucks were #1 at one point.

#30 just chokes the wide open layup.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Rofl this chick

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    how is life without beard tech............did he batter u tech u cant get him off of ur mind u r a jealous ex he should choke

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    how is life without beard tech............did he batter u tech u cant get him off of ur mind u r a jealous ex he should choke
    U mad?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He makes no sense whatsoever.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Tech got that inferiority complex
    It’s ok
    It’s earned
    A big celebration for them when they reach up and spank overrated UT though
    Good for them High Plains Red Raiders

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Rofl this chick
    Is there an 'English' translation of what's going on or is only the 'Shuckin and Jivin' version available?

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I miss the glory days of basketball and the NBA where every basket, every shot, every free throw counted and mattered... every basket was difficult to get, and the wisest and most well coached teams would outsmart and out-execute the other team, not just the teams with the best athletes or the best chuckers. Rules were enforced, and not just against the defense. Points were at a premium and every shot mattered. I greatly miss and yearn for those days of basketball and I'm not upset that I chose to give up basketball at just the right time both in terms of the quality of product and in terms of practicality for my life situation and being an adult versus a school age post-adolescent.

Yep, I'm not hating on the current generation of NBA players or anything...in fact I think the skill level is still high. However, if I recall correctly, this 3 pt chuckfest started when nerdy statistician who worked for the Rockets said that statistically the greatest shots in basketball were dunks, free throws, and three pointers; eliminating the midrange game. IMO, bball was ruined by some nerd essentially "hacking" basketball like it was a video game. That was right around the time only the Harden-Rockets and Warriors were playing that style but soon after everybody emulated it. Regardless, now it is just boring to watch. 20 pt leads mean nothing anymore, which if you are a casual I guess that's fun but its hard to appreciate greatness when every regular season game comes down to how "hot" one team gets from 3 on that given night

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Is there an 'English' translation of what's going on or is only the 'Shuckin and Jivin' version available?
    This reads like you are around 100 years old...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yep, I'm not hating on the current generation of NBA players or anything...in fact I think the skill level is still high. However, if I recall correctly, this 3 pt chuckfest started when nerdy statistician who worked for the Rockets said that statistically the greatest shots in basketball were dunks, free throws, and three pointers; eliminating the midrange game. IMO, bball was ruined by some nerd essentially "hacking" basketball like it was a video game. That was right around the time only the Harden-Rockets and Warriors were playing that style but soon after everybody emulated it. Regardless, now it is just boring to watch. 20 pt leads mean nothing anymore, which if you are a casual I guess that's fun but its hard to appreciate greatness when every regular season game comes down to how "hot" one team gets from 3 on that given night
    For me traveling and carrying the ball is just ridiculous. These rules were invented to make the game a bit more difficult. When you are given a bad pass your team gets punished because you travel or you have to keep the ball in by stabbing at it with one hand and then lose your dribble. You cant just re establish position by traveling and double dribbling. Now a player comes off a screen to catch a ball and after he catches the ball he can take like 3 steps before establishing control and without losing his dribble. Thats bull . Let him set right up again after a ty play? Carrying the ball allows stop and starting to become extremely easy. It looks cool but its easy to do. Its much more difficult to be evasive if you actually are NOT allowed to carry the ball along with you. Offense has gotten way too easy. I dont mind the 3s, I do mind players resetting their feet and traveling in order to get the balance and body position to actually get off a good shot. Its stupid easy if you allow that.

I could go on. with the eleventy billion timeouts given that are saved till the end of the game so we can turn basketball into football where an actual Play lasts about 4 seconds. Some sort of accountability from the players of understanding where the game is at so the coaches dont get to constantly tell them what to do. Practice it and know it. It wont allow for stupid players who cant keep track of what is going on. Good coaches have to coach their players during practice to know things about the game and follow it. Then, a 50 game season with only 6 total teams making the playoffs. The two best records get a bye. Three out of five series.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Basketball may have better athletic levels now, but skill level NO. The midrange game is completely gone. Players only practice screen and rolls and have to make a layup, or just chuck a 3pt shot. No one ever shoots a midrange shot from various locations on the floor. Guess what, when that shot is the only one available because the shot clock is about to expire, NO ONE can hit that damn mid range. I have seen it fail at every level now, AAU, highschool, college and the NBA. All players can make nowadays is a layup or a 3pt shot. That is all they practice.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Basketball may have better athletic levels now, but skill level NO. The midrange game is completely gone. Players only practice screen and rolls and have to make a layup, or just chuck a 3pt shot. No one ever shoots a midrange shot from various locations on the floor. Guess what, when that shot is the only one available because the shot clock is about to expire, NO ONE can hit that damn mid range. I have seen it fail at every level now, AAU, highschool, college and the NBA. All players can make nowadays is a layup or a 3pt shot. That is all they practice.
    While I was deadlifting at the local gym last night. Like to walk inbetween sets. There is a pool and bball gym. Surprisingly always boys balling.

Random game but everyone chucking 3's...and making. One guy was slashing and scoring at will.

So these guys are clearly practicing 3's alot. I was the Euro 3 & D of my time but understood
    1. Pass moves quicker than dribble
    2. Change of pace over speed
    3. Box out

Almost no one can guard a 2-man game. Force the defense into a decision.

Yah all that seems gone now. We see the Blue Bloods struggle this season as they recruited players hoping to make a network And1tape...

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    This brings me back. I remember playing gym ball for a couple years. Then trying out for an organized team and everything moved 10 times faster. The 3point shot was so scarce. Barely had enough time to see the rim the ball pressure was so intense. Get use to it over time. Game slows down. Lanes open up and yes you catch glimpse of the front end

Thread Information