Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/TomerAzarly/stat...0%2Fframe.html

“He meant a lot,” Clippers star Kawhi Leonard said of Spurs coach Gregg Popovich. “He’s the reason why I’m the player I am today. Built that foundation on showing me winning basketball and, yeah, he’s a great coach. Still one of the best coaches I had. We’ve been in too many battles to have a scar on our relationship.”

Number Two will go into the Hall of Fame as a Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah the snake will be forgotten two days after he retires.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It still hurts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs legend

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If his career as a Clippers ends in major disappointment, which is almost assuredly what will happen, I suppose it’s slightly possible that he wants to rehabilitate his image… And I guess that could lead to a rapprochement with the Spurs, but I sort of doubt it’ll ever go that way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    him and his deranged attention whoring family.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a weird way we got lucky that we didn’t sign him. The dudes body just can’t handle an NBA season. We probably would’ve had one more WCF appearance and then be on the hook for him for $250 million and him sitting out

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, if #2 stayed with the Spurs, he wouldn't win another championship with LaMarcus Aldridge, Ageing Tony and Manu, Patty Mills, Jonathan Simmons etc. Although nobody predicted, but that Toronto championship helped solidified his place in the Hall of Fame already. He can retires now and nobody will said he is not a hall of fame player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, if #2 stayed with the Spurs, he wouldn't win another championship with LaMarcus Aldridge, Ageing Tony and Manu, Patty Mills, Jonathan Simmons etc. Although nobody predicted, but that Toronto championship helped solidified his place in the Hall of Fame already. He can retires now and nobody will said he is not a hall of fame player.
    He played 11 years, and has only scored 11K points. That’s pretty light for the HOF. Normal is about 20K, these days. Even if he plays out his contract at 60 games/yr, he’ll probably be around 15K. He’ll probably get in, but first ballot is in question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will get in but he shouldn’t. It’s mostly based on two FMVP. The first one is questionable. The second one lucky.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a weird way we got lucky that we didn’t sign him. The dudes body just can’t handle an NBA season. We probably would’ve had one more WCF appearance and then be on the hook for him for $250 million and him sitting out
    I'll always wonder what would have happened if he didn't get Zaza-ed in 2017. Might have won another chip with us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They would have gotten 1 more le out of him. In 2018 they would have beaten the Warriors since Durant was out until the Finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If his career as a Clippers ends in major disappointment, which is almost assuredly what will happen, I suppose it’s slightly possible that he wants to rehabilitate his image… And I guess that could lead to a rapprochement with the Spurs, but I sort of doubt it’ll ever go that way.
    Yeah that's NOT going to happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They would have gotten 1 more le out of him. In 2018 they would have beaten the Warriors since Durant was out until the Finals.
    I thought Durant got hurt in those playoffs against Houston. Maybe Durant wouldn’t have if #2 stayed with us. It’s a weird butterfly effect thing. But who knows. Maybe we do win that year. Or maybe Kawhi continues to be a and not play that year with us. He gets paid and then acts like he is now with the Clips and doesn’t play through any pain. The only reason he sucked it up in Toronto is bc he was forced to in order to get paid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. Spurs have edited him out of pretty much every retrospective since he left. In reality, by sitting out, he basically stole $19M from them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Durant got hurt in those playoffs against Houston. Maybe Durant wouldn’t have if #2 stayed with us. It’s a weird butterfly effect thing. But who knows. Maybe we do win that year. Or maybe Kawhi continues to be a and not play that year with us. He gets paid and then acts like he is now with the Clips and doesn’t play through any pain. The only reason he sucked it up in Toronto is bc he was forced to in order to get paid.
    Durant getting hurt would have happened regardless of Kawhi staying or leaving with the Spurs. He had a lot of wear and tear on his body from playing in 2 deep playoff runs with the Warriors. He tore his Achilles that injury always results from too much wear and tear. It would have happened either way. What happened in the Houston series was I believe partially strained Achilles which comes from overexerting yourself and is a precursor to tearing your Achilles if you don't rest which proved to be the case when Durant came back too early during the finals.

I'm just assuming in a perfect world he is a true professional and plays out his contract without sitting out with injuries.
    Last edited by daslicer; 11-21-2022 at 10:34 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. Spurs have edited him out of pretty much every retrospective since he left. In reality, by sitting out, he basically stole $19M from them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm just assuming in a perfect world he is a true professional and plays out his contract without sitting out with injuries.
    Then yes we would’ve had le number 6. Also it would’ve been an all time series I believe since we would’ve been facing the Bucks in the finals. Kawhi vs Giannis in the NBA finals. 2 small market teams battling each other. Mentor vs protégé in coaches. The stories would’ve been some real heartwarming .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad #2 became a part time player and a meme.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll always wonder what would have happened if he didn't get Zaza-ed in 2017. Might have won another chip with us.
    We probably chip tbh. Maybe even the next year. I don't think he would have pulled his nonsense if we were defending a chip.

Zaza ing ed us hard but it's best not to dwell on what could have been tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We probably chip tbh. Maybe even the next year. I don't think he would have pulled his nonsense if we were defending a chip.

Zaza ing ed us hard but it's best not to dwell on what could have been tbh.
    He walked away from TOR on the heels of one. He was always going to LA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we could've ringed in 17 and 18. Spurs were a 60 win team at that time and added Rudy Gay the next season. I always wanted to see the Kawhi-Gay-Aldridge line up, but that never happened. Also don't forget they would've traded for DeRozan regardless and shipped out Pau Gasol instead with Green and one of Murray/White. Spurs would've been loaded in 2018

Thread Information