Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A couple more years of tanking?
    Call it what you want but so many of these guys will look so much better with a possible cornerstone on the offensive end.

We need to be developing from a higher base. That isn’t a knock on our guys, just a reality. In my mind this is an organic bottoming out versus outright tanking but we are here now atleast i’m fine with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So getting Westbrook would actually be an improvement?

Gotta stay strong and have tank commander Tre lead us to a top three pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what it takes to secure a top pick……sacrifice is usually painful but bearable if you keep your eyes on the prize GSG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad I missed the last two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those who live by the floater, die by the floater. I still contend it is one of the most difficult shots in BB because it is often delivered at speed going into the basket area but the requirement to ease up and "float" the ball is counterintuitive to the motion of going to the basket. There IS a lot of difference between the finger roll and the floater although the delivery motion of the two shots look alike in some regard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those who live by the floater, die by the floater. I still contend it is one of the most difficult shots in BB because it is often delivered at speed going into the basket area but the requirement to ease up and "float" the ball is counterintuitive to the motion of going to the basket. There IS a lot of difference between the finger roll and the floater although the delivery motion of the two shots look alike in some regard.
    I agree 100%
    TP9 should get a lot of credit for what he was able to do.
    I take it as a positive he's getting in the paint. IF he cam master it may have something

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While many on this website scoff at the idea, I'm concerned at the long-term impact these blowouts will have on San Antonio to continue to have a basketball team. I saw on Social Media this morning the Spurs are having a 50% off sale on tickets for Black Friday. That is insane, but we've seen by the attendance numbers how badly they are struggling to get butts in the seats.

The Spurs better hope the land Wemby and can have the kind of record turnaround seasons they saw after picking David and Timmy, I'm not sure SS&E will be able to withstand a prolonged tank and the attendance woes that come with it. San Antonio has clearly become a spoiled, front-runner town and will have no one to blame but themselves.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie looking pretty good in la
    Yes he is. I never gave up on him most of the time he was here. I was still willing to give him a chance, but around 3/4 of the way through last season, I gave up on him. Maybe I gave up on him a little too soon.
    Meh putting up stats on a loser. It'll be good for his next contract though, bad for whoever signs him to that next deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio has clearly become a spoiled, front-runner town and will have no one to blame but themselves.
    Either that or they witnessed a combination of their franchise getting screwed out of anything resembling commensurate value for their superstar, tons of unique blunders from the front office and bad luck and decided to stop spending their money on the most irrelevant franchise in the league.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While many on this website scoff at the idea, I'm concerned at the long-term impact these blowouts will have on San Antonio to continue to have a basketball team. I saw on Social Media this morning the Spurs are having a 50% off sale on tickets for Black Friday. That is insane, but we've seen by the attendance numbers how badly they are struggling to get butts in the seats.

The Spurs better hope the land Wemby and can have the kind of record turnaround seasons they saw after picking David and Timmy, I'm not sure SS&E will be able to withstand a prolonged tank and the attendance woes that come with it. San Antonio has clearly become a spoiled, front-runner town and will have no one to blame but themselves.
    If the team plays like they did in both LA games this season is going to set low turnout records. That was embarrassing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is great. I stopped watching games a while ago. I think the team can get a bottom 3 record and surpass the Magic and Hornets in the race for the best draft odds. There's still a lot more losing to be done, once the Spurs are 6-18 they'd be right on track. For everybody complaining about attendance, I been saying way back they should've tanked during Covid when there weren't any fans allowed in the arena anyway. That would've been the right move from a financial perspective, but Pop had to get the record so here we are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eek.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hall left after his sop re year wth I thought for sure he was a 4 year college kid. Probably should have stayed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is great. I stopped watching games a while ago. I think the team can get a bottom 3 record and surpass the Magic and Hornets in the race for the best draft odds. There's still a lot more losing to be done, once the Spurs are 6-18 they'd be right on track. For everybody complaining about attendance, I been saying way back they should've tanked during Covid when there weren't any fans allowed in the arena anyway. That would've been the right move from a financial perspective, but Pop had to get the record so here we are.
    Pop set back the rebuilding process by 4 years by not gutting this team way back in 2018 when Kawhi wanted out. I said back then they should have started tanking instead of being a middling team competing to get into the playoffs. Pop's ego wouldn't allow it since he wanted the coaching record.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop set back the rebuilding process by 4 years by not gutting this team way back in 2018 when Kawhi wanted out. I said back then they should have started tanking instead of being a middling team competing to get into the playoffs. Pop's ego wouldn't allow it since he wanted the coaching record.
    Hard disagree. If the record was so important to Pop he wouldn't have stuck around for this season. Hindsight is 20/20 too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard disagree. If the record was so important to Pop he wouldn't have stuck around for this season. Hindsight is 20/20 too.
    The record was very important to him hence him not wanting to tank until this year. He's sticking around because he has no life outside of basketball. I'm convinced he will coach until his body won't allow him to coach anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally I'm happy Pop got the record and wouldn't prefer for them to be "farther along in the tank" in exchange for it. There's no guarantee that the team would be any closer to competing had they tanked starting with the Leonard trade. There are good players they could've picked in the intervening drafts, but they also picked guys like Lonnie, Samanic, Vassell, and Primo with middle-firsts we don't know if the eventual stars were high on their list. If they had tanked but drafted poorly, imagine the absolute free fall the franchise would be in now. Folks are losing their will after a quarter of the season. Imagine a streak 16 times as long as we've seen so far with no end in sight.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The record was very important to him hence him not wanting to tank until this year. He's sticking around because he has no life outside of basketball. I'm convinced he will coach until his body won't allow him to coach anymore.
    I don't understand. Even terrible teams will win 17-20 games per year. If he was always planning on coaching until the wheels fell off then why hurry to get the record?

There's also the implicit assumption that the Spurs would be a better team with a brighter future now if they had tanked in 2018. That's certainly possible but nowhere near guaranteed. Several other teams sucked then and continue to suck now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand. Even terrible teams will win 17-20 games per year. If he was always planning on coaching until the wheels fell off then why hurry to get the record?

There's also the implicit assumption that the Spurs would be a better team with a brighter future now if they had tanked in 2018. That's certainly possible but nowhere near guaranteed. Several other teams sucked then and continue to suck now.
    I would say because when you are older you have a sense of your mortality. You don't know how much time you have left and hence him trying to get the record as soon as possible.

Thread Information