Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are the bottom 4 Lottery (4 with most losses) all at an even 14% chance?
    Bottom 3. 4th worst has a 12.5% chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched every game in '96/97. It is very hard to watch this team

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed!! It's much harder to watch this team than it was back then.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big night for the tank. Both Houston and Charlotte won. Spurs now in the bottom 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can grit my teeth for the nearly inevitable loss, but I haven’t seen Keldon smile in like a month.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are now 3rd in L column with 14% chance to get top 1 pick according to tankathon.com

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 1996/97 you know they’ll be back the following year when DRob gets healthy. This time is a looong process and we’re not certain what lies ahead. The “losing” is also putty’s damp on the player’s spirit particularly Keldon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 1996/97 you know they’ll be back the following year when DRob gets healthy. This time is a looong process and we’re not certain what lies ahead. The “losing” is also putty’s damp on the player’s spirit particularly Keldon.
    losing definitely aint fun

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Mavs team 30 years ago started out 4-57, and the following year 1994 started 2-39.
    1998 Nuggets were also 2-39 at one point.

As far as streaks, there’s the ‘10 Cavs and ‘14 Sixers 26 game losing streak to chase.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I started out the year kind of skeptical about the tank, not wanting to hype myself up at the idea of maybe landing Victor. But ever since the Primo fiasco, it looks like the team is straight-up looking for their next cornerstone - and they sure know where to look!

Excellent year to finally commit to the tank, and even better with the rotating "injuries" and not flat-out burning the team up. We'll see what happens at the trade deadline, but I'm very content at the way the season is going so far.

We get Victor and maybe another pick in the draft, develop them a couple seasons, and it's back to the races.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really looks like the players have gotten the memo. Even though players don't have any incentive to tank (as they will likely be jettisoned at some point) they are playing like they have bought into the concept. Utter lack of effort.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This losing streak is beautiful. I also enjoy that sniffers are realizing Keldon and Vassell are simply putting up numbers on a talentless team. Maybe they are part of the future or maybe they are assets to be moved to continue the rebuild.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This losing streak is beautiful. I also enjoy that sniffers are realizing Keldon and Vassell are simply putting up numbers on a talentless team. Maybe they are part of the future or maybe they are assets to be moved to continue the rebuild.
    I don’t think anyone said they were franchise guys, just maybe an All Star selection down the line. We had DD for 3 years, he’s made a number of all star teams over the years, and multiple all nba teams, and we missed the playoffs his last two years. One all star won’t make the difference if there isn’t a franchise guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Currently 3rd on the L column, 14% chance on a top 1. I can’t wait for Blake to be back. All 3 rookies should be averaging 30+ minutes out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Currently 3rd on the L column, 14% chance on a top 1. I can’t wait for Blake to be back. All 3 rookies should be averaging 30+ minutes out there.
    Malaki was mainly known as a shooter, hasn’t shown that, but he has some sneaky good handles and creativity. Another kid who just is in the right place, doing the right things in limited minutes. He was a 41% shooter from long in college, so I’m pretty sure that will come around.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malaki was mainly known as a shooter, hasn’t shown that, but he has some sneaky good handles and creativity. Another kid who just is in the right place, doing the right things in limited minutes. He was a 41% shooter from long in college, so I’m pretty sure that will come around.
    I think that he hasn't adjusted to the extended range. It seems like he is consistently short on his misses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like that he’s having opportunities to work on his handles, maybe getting more aggressive instead of passively waiting for a pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like that he’s having opportunities to work on his handles, maybe getting more aggressive instead of passively waiting for a pass.
    I was checking his stats on bbref, and while 100% of his 3s are assisted, only 23% of his 2s are assisted. Shot creation is a pretty advanced skill for a rookie. He also understands how to dribble into space to pass, not just to shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even with 11 straight losses the compe ion for a bottom three finish is intense! Luckily I think this group is up to the challenge!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even with 11 straight losses the compe ion for a bottom three finish is intense! Luckily I think this group is up to the challenge!!
    Deep down they are the challenge!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    .250 = current Spurs win %
    .266 = 1997 Pop win % as birth of the Tim Duncan dynasty was being formed.

Pop just may be on this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    .250 = current Spurs win %
    .266 = 1997 Pop win % as birth of the Tim Duncan dynasty was being formed.

Pop just may be on this.

his going away present, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's a race to the bottom

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can spurs out tank the rockets and make it 12 straight losses?!Tune in Thursday to find out

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Historically when a team tanks almost no players on the original tank team are still here when the team is good.

Thread Information