Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope LA gets desperate to move those 27 and 29 picks, even if it's not to us. There's nothing out there that's gonna make much difference for them. Our package of jak, rich, and Doug probably results in more wins than anything out there but it won't do much more than have them getting beat in the 1st round. There present is kinda screwed and I wouldn't mind them screwing their future as well.

yea our trash isn't getting them anywhere. They would rather die then trade us those firsts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would take one of those firsts for Jak and Richardson tbh…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would take one of those firsts for Jak and Richardson tbh…
    The problem is there is the matter of Westbrooks bloated contract, and taking that into cap room. That’s worth the other pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem is there is the matter of Westbrooks bloated contract, and taking that into cap room. That’s worth the other pick.
    I would do it for the pick and swap of 2026 pick. We have to pay the money anyway. Its value is what someone is willig to give them for it. Until a trade happens value is unstated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would do it for the pick and swap of 2026 pick. We have to pay the money anyway. Its value is what someone is willig to give them for it. Until a trade happens value is unstated.
    I’m quite sure Indy brushed them off for the same reasons. Acquiring positive value players, and offloading negative ones into cap room are two separate bills that both need to be paid.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Clippers look like they are on the verge of imploding. They might be desperate. Too bad they have nothing of value left after getting rolled by Presti.

Wonder how long before Unc and Phew start looking for the exit.

Both LA teams being ass is everything Adam Silver deserves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sacramento has the best record in the Pacific division.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Cant suck forever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but they’re barely over .500. Poverty division, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, the point was as much that the Kings aren't bad but that the whole division is mediocre at best. Still expect GSW to win another one just because everyone else is terrible, too.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m quite sure Indy brushed them off for the same reasons. Acquiring positive value players, and offloading negative ones into cap room are two separate bills that both need to be paid.
    Right and I am sure teams are brushing us off right now because of what we want. I think KAT went for way to much but that is what 2 people agreed his value was. Value is determined when both sides agree until then it is not set. some can want to much and some want not to pay enough. This is how houses prices go up and down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh. Taking on WB, especially since SA is both so far beneath the salary cap and because he is only one year is no big deal. Sure, would I like multiple firsts for taking him on + giving up Jak/Richardson? Sure.

But I value quality over quan y. I would rather have 1 unprotected Lakers pick than 3 lottery protected picks for example personally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't think LAL is looking to trade Westbrook. I think they're trying to add pieces. Not sure what salary they have though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't think LAL is looking to trade Westbrook. I think they're trying to add pieces. Not sure what salary they have though.
    It’s part and parcel; the WB trade only happens with good players coming back in return as well..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree, I think they’d love to find a way to add Demar or Beal but those aren’t realistic. But adding Jak and Richardson doesn’t really elevate their chances this year. Tough spot.

This trade works on salaries but not sure their is enough for CHI in it:

LAL: DDR
    SAS: Brick + both FRP picks
    CHI: Jakob + Richardson + Christie (LAL)

Could consider adding the CHA pick we own to CHI if someone sends us a meaningful SRP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree, I think they’d love to find a way to add Demar or Beal but those aren’t realistic. But adding Jak and Richardson doesn’t really elevate their chances this year. Tough spot.

This trade works on salaries but not sure their is enough for CHI in it:

LAL: DDR
    SAS: Brick + both FRP picks
    CHI: Jakob + Richardson + Christie (LAL)

Could consider adding the CHA pick we own to CHI if someone sends us a meaningful SRP.
    My guess is LAL, for all their lunacy, knows they're not competing this year. But missing the playoffs once again would be incredibly embarrassing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is LAL, for all their lunacy, knows they're not competing this year. But missing the playoffs once again would be incredibly embarrassing.
    That's the big question in all of this... how important is it for LA to make the playoffs in a year where LeBron is still performing at a high level offensively? I think it's pretty important to them...

I wonder if there's a scenario where they could just take Doug and Josh without including WB? Can they put enough salary together to do that? Maybe 1 pick or even just a swap can get that done? That might be more enticing to them if they think AD is coming back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the big question in all of this... how important is it for LA to make the playoffs in a year where LeBron is still performing at a high level offensively? I think it's pretty important to them...

I wonder if there's a scenario where they could just take Doug and Josh without including WB? Can they put enough salary together to do that? Maybe 1 pick or even just a swap can get that done? That might be more enticing to them if they think AD is coming back.
    My view too. They're not completely ty. Another piece or two would do the trick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They get quite close with the Nunn/Beverly package but probably need to add some smaller filler too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jakob Hurdle?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest difference with Poodle from this summer is that you can finish games with him now. He’s shooting like 75% from the line over like 15 games or so.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest difference with Poodle from this summer is that you can finish games with him now. He’s shooting like 75% from the line over like 15 games or so.
    True. 69% over last month, 72% last two weeks wich is a significant improvement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The he keeps saying Hurdle?

Also not sure why he keeps saying Hurdle will be a key trade deadline target but it somehow depends on the Wembanyama sweepstakes.

What was he drinking?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He still gets his ish pushed in by athletic centers.

Certainly by a long shot not all on him, but our defense is worse than it's ever been. I think ppl here overestimate his value and assume we can get 2 FRPs for him as has been reported PATFO wants. We will be lucky to get 1 unprotected. More than likely its gonna be top ten protected or be a pick swap and a SRP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He still gets his ish pushed in by athletic centers.

Certainly by a long shot not all on him, but our defense is worse than it's ever been. I think ppl here overestimate his value and assume we can get 2 FRPs for him as has been reported PATFO wants. We will be lucky to get 1 unprotected. More than likely its gonna be top ten protected or be a pick swap and a SRP.

his value definitely isn't improving this being his final season

Thread Information