Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol I just read the Pistons want an unprotected FRP for Bojan. WTF.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently Miami is looking to acquire Russell from Minnesota and they'd need a 3rd team to take Lowry to make it happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently Miami is looking to acquire Russell from Minnesota and they'd need a 3rd team to take Lowry to make it happen.
    Lowry is trash now. I remember in 2017 I beleive when he was a free agent he wanted to join the Spurs and we didn’t even pick up the phone.

Miami has nothing to offer that they are willing to part with. They really ed up JB’s final years tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lowry is trash now. I remember in 2017 I beleive when he was a free agent he wanted to join the Spurs and we didn’t even pick up the phone.

Miami has nothing to offer that they are willing to part with. They really ed up JB’s final years tbh.
    I have no idea what they'd part with but it'd be less than moving Duncan..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good luck with that…

I suppose the deal could be built around Russell for Herro. Herro has the poison pill thing, but I suspect the income value for Minni comes close to what they’d move out with Russell. That leaves finding a home for Lowery.

EDIT: assuming I got the poison pill thing right, *I think* this could be a framework:

SAS: Lowery, Jovic, MIA 23 & 26 FRPs
    MIA: Russell
    MIN: Herro
    Last edited by CGD; 01-16-2023 at 08:50 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good luck with that…

I suppose the deal could be built around Russell for Herro. Herro has the poison pill thing, but I suspect the income value for Minni comes close to what they’d move out with Russell. That leaves finding a home for Lowery.

EDIT: assuming I got the poison pill thing right, *I think* this could be a framework:

That's alot for Miami to give up for Russell... I'm not sure what Minny is looking to get out of the deal though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good luck with that…

Dude really?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's alot for Miami to give up for Russell... I'm not sure what Minny is looking to get out of the deal though
    I’m not saying I like it. I simply think it’s delusional for them to believe they can just “dump” lowery onto a third team. It’ll be expensive.

I also don’t expect they’re going after Russell without some strong confidence he’ll resign there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean yeah. Why else would the spurs help facilitate a Lowery dump?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not saying I like it. I simply think it’s delusional for them to believe they can just “dump” lowery onto a third team. It’ll be expensive.

I also don’t expect they’re going after Russell without some strong confidence he’ll resign there.
    They can probably move Lowery by attaching a 1st... then they have to determine what minny wants for Russell who's an expiring contract and likely to be elsewhere next season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can probably move Lowery by attaching a 1st... then they have to determine what minny wants for Russell who's an expiring contract and likely to be elsewhere next season.
    Lowery is still owed another year after this one. I think it’ll take more than a protected pick. Then the spurs should ask for a 3rd asset just for the cost of facilitating, especially bc the only real positive asset Heat has is Herro and he has that poison pill stuff.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lowery is still owed another year after this one. I think it’ll take more than a protected pick. Then the spurs should ask for a 3rd asset just for the cost of facilitating, especially bc the only real positive asset Heat has is Herro and he has that poison pill stuff.
    I didn't say protected pick...but a top 3 protected pick would do it...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird trade environment. There are so many decent teams, no real exceptional teams, yet no one seems to have any assets to trade to increase their chances.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol I just read the Pistons want an unprotected FRP for Bojan. WTF.
    Hes playing great tbh and would really help teams. With the prices being paid for DJ, Mitc , Gobert…one UFRP does not seem that outrageous. Teams will need to pay up - there are only so many sellers…

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good luck with that…

Miami has pick obligations that don't clear for 25 and 26, so I think other than 23 they can't trade another 1st until 28

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bad time to trade at the moment, assests are lacking all over... seems many teams are in debt lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d do it in a heartbeat just think the other two teams say no.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miami has pick obligations that don't clear for 25 and 26, so I think other than 23 they can't trade another 1st until 28
    Fine by me

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Heat would need to dump Lowery and Robinson to be a major player in free agency this summer. Not sure if they would be willing to part with the assets required to do that. Cant say I blame them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Heat would need to dump Lowery and Robinson to be a major player in free agency this summer. Not sure if they would be willing to part with the assets required to do that. Cant say I blame them.
    Assuming Bam, Herro and Butler are off the table they’ll need to attach heavy draft capital to unload Duncan Robinson and/or Kyle Lowry and his dumpy. They should mortgage their future to try with the hopes Dipo can stay healthy.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming Bam, Herro and Butler are off the table they’ll need to attach heavy draft capital to unload Duncan Robinson and/or Kyle Lowry and his dumpy. They should mortgage their future to try with the hopes Dipo can stay healthy.
    Victor cant be trusted to stay healthy. He's averaged 24 games a season over the past four years and he just turned 30. On the other hand Butler is 33 and is running out of time. Tough spot because they have to dump both Lowery and Robinson to make a big move in free agency. Glad it's not my decision.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good luck with that…

Yeah, no offense but come on, that's plain robbery from the spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raps and Celts interested in Hurdle per BR. We’ve been pretty good at helping non rivals win championships lately. Let’s keep it going and add a far out unprotected FRP from Bean. I’d do it in a heartbeat.

And for the sniffers, come June you can brag that the a big part of the Celtics success is PATFO’s genius.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...raptors-linked

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raps and Celts interested in Hurdle per BR. We’ve been pretty good at helping non rivals win championships lately. Let’s keep it going and add a far out unprotected FRP from Bean. I’d do it in a heartbeat.

And for the sniffers, come June you can brag that the a big part of the Celtics success is PATFO’s genius.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...raptors-linked
    Interesting. So Boston would just give up an unprotected first round pick? I need to look at their roster and see what other players might be in play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oof that Duncan Robinson deal is so terribly sour wow. Awful production, about to turn 29 (!!!), and on the books for almost 20mm at least 2 more seasons with a 3rd lingering but diminished
    yeah but theres also something really poetic about a guy literally named Duncan Robinson joining the spurs

Thread Information