My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/spurs-lakers-grades-21/

Well, at least the shootout was pretty entertaining.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins ejection is a joke. But boy our defense is terrible. I'm suspecting pop is playing entertaining basketball over a winning one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins ejection is a joke. But boy our defense is terrible. I'm suspecting pop is playing entertaining basketball over a winning one.
    So many open 3s for the opponents every game night....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a nice shootout. I think Spurs just run out of ammunition with too many people out, especially the way Poeltl, I think Spurs won had he not got injured and finished the game. Spurs are now sole 4th place in the Loss column with 12.5% of getting top pick and 45% getting top 4 pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I just watched the game...all it takes is like one drive in the paint, our entire defense collapses, and then it's like one pass out and there is absolutely zero rotation out to the perimeter.

Not sure if that is by design or just a sign of a bunch of young players missing their assignments, but it ain't great either way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely terrible perimeter defense on 3's. They really need to practice on that....shouldn't be hard, just raise your arms up in the air which is more than what they are doing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This one was there for the taking. As others have said, terrible D, especially guarding the three point line. Slow rotations, not closing out, not communicating real great out there. Our group is too athletic to be a step slow all the time. But maybe that’s all part of the subtle tank. It just looks like Pop is letting some bad habits on D go on that he’d normally be pulling his hair out over.

My disdain for the Lakers would have made me appreciate this one not going towards the tank. But a loss is a win this year. And it’s obvious to me that the Lakers won’t be great, so that’s my consolation in losing to them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anything about Poeltl yet?

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    that was the softest ejection i have ever seen besides the time Tim accidentally shoved that one ref (was it Salvatore against GS sometime in the mid-2000s? i forget) on accident midgame and got ejected, or when he laughed on the bench

but seriously, flagrant foul is a non-basketball play. Collins clearly made a play on the ball and everything else was incidental contact. A foul? Sure. A flagrant foul implying a non-basketball play? complete bull , even worse to code it as a penalty 2 and eject him. Refs are trying so hard to keep the Lakers up in the standings

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I just watched the game...all it takes is like one drive in the paint, our entire defense collapses, and then it's like one pass out and there is absolutely zero rotation out to the perimeter.

Not sure if that is by design or just a sign of a bunch of young players missing their assignments, but it ain't great either way
    For the past few seasons we have the problem of interior defence. We always collapse the whole team when opponents drives. That's why we always give up 3s.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that was the softest ejection i have ever seen besides the time Tim accidentally shoved that one ref (was it Salvatore against GS sometime in the mid-2000s? i forget) on accident midgame and got ejected, or when he laughed on the bench

but seriously, flagrant foul is a non-basketball play. Collins clearly made a play on the ball and everything else was incidental contact. A foul? Sure. A flagrant foul implying a non-basketball play? complete bull , even worse to code it as a penalty 2 and eject him. Refs are trying so hard to keep the Lakers up in the standings
    You must be thinking about that time referee Jack Neis was in the lane and Tim pushed him out. That was early in the 2003-04 season, and Tim actually got suspended for a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And it’s obvious to me that the Lakers won’t be great, so that’s my consolation in losing to them.
    Also, the draft pick the Lakers convey to NO won't be as high and that's a good thing (NO is a bit more of a threat with draft picks).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indeed the foul from Zach Colloins should have been a Flagrant 1. But its not the first time he fouls someone pretty hard ... he has a nasty streak which will not help him in the future.

Thread Information