Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perfect for the tank. This guy assures we won’t be getting better anytime soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with Chinook

Spurs FO has been better, especially finally engaging in trades and picking more of a direction. But between Primo pick/situation and this? It’s a small thing, but teams like Spurs need to be relentless. They have no reason not to be constantly taking high upside low risk gambles on young players. This just reeks of coasting and lack of effort

Not a HUGE deal, but it’s just more signs of some of the “issues” with current GM situation IMO. All about the details especially for small markets like SA who are rebuilding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I would have preferred to give Barlow more minutes since the front line has some injuries. This looks like a time where you could realistically plug him in without worrying too much about winning, although Hall wasn't giving us much at Guard so moving him isn't a real concern. I guess I just want to see more time given to the youngsters, especially when there is a injury situation that opens up some minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with Chinook

Spurs FO has been better, especially finally engaging in trades and picking more of a direction. But between Primo pick/situation and this? It’s a small thing, but teams like Spurs need to be relentless. They have no reason not to be constantly taking high upside low risk gambles on young players. This just reeks of coasting and lack of effort

Not a HUGE deal, but it’s just more signs of some of the “issues” with current GM situation IMO. All about the details especially for small markets like SA who are rebuilding.
    Do you really want to be better, right now? We picked up two decent pieces before the season in Roby and Bassey.

I guess I’m less complaint oriented than a lot of people on this board. If you can’t point at a player and say “we should have picked HIM up”, then I really DGAF who our 15th man is, rebuilding or not.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I would have preferred to give Barlow more minutes since the front line has some injuries. This looks like a time where you could realistically plug him in without worrying too much about winning, although Hall wasn't giving us much at Guard so moving him isn't a real concern. I guess I just want to see more time given to the youngsters, especially when there is a injury situation that opens up some minutes.
    Given Barlow performance in the G league, he probably not even ready for the G league. Playing him in the NBA will probably destroy his confidence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you really want to be better, right now? We picked up two decent pieces before the season in Roby and Bassey.

I guess I’m less complaint oriented than a lot of people on this board. If you can’t point at a player and say “we should have picked HIM up”, then I really DGAF who our 15th man is, rebuilding or not.
    Ya - I think context matters. As I said, I don think it matters in the sense of wins/losses now or truly shaping the future either way. But it’s about the process and details etc…at least for me. Enough to comment on via the message board but not something to get all worked up over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nah. We're not getting paid a bunch of money to scout everyone. It's not our jobs to be scouring the d-league trying to find talent. But it is their job, and they should be doing it.

Yes, the team should want to improve their prospect pool now. If their sole goal were being bad, they can do a better job of it. The Sixers were a horrible team with Covington. The Thunder were a horrible team with Dort. There's no excuse for them to not do the little things to try to improve their long-term position. We aren't just talking about a "15th man" like in the old days. We're talking about a guy who is going to get a chance to play. KBD was the 15th man last season. Langford was the 15th man this season. They both played more than 20 minutes tonight. Alize played tonight. It matters, and they shouldn't just piss those opportunities away. It's not like they have much else to do right now.

That said, I understand it's a tight needle to thread. They can't just worry about future value. They should care about the guys on their team, and you can argue getting folks who've trained in the system allows for better flow. But Johnson and Hall suck. Even though they know the plays, they aren't helping out there. The chance that there is a d-leaguer out there who can play in the NBA is relatively high, given how many of them break into the league. It might take some Othyus Jefferses and Malcolm Thomases to get there, but they have the time and minutes to spare.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well said ^

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hall 33 points 9-12 from three and 12 rebounds for Austin last night.

Thread Information