Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But do y'all think Pop is trying to tank, or is it happening inadvertently?
    It’s happening because the front office purposely loaded this roster with bad and/or inexperienced players. Pop don’t need to try to do anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to be baffled if they don't make trades before deadline.

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s happening because the front office purposely loaded this roster with bad and/or inexperienced players. Pop don’t need to try to do anything.
    Lol that's funny, but yeah pretty smart by the FO if their intent is to tank.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at best, 14%, 1 in 7 chance of getting 1st pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tank looking good

at best, 14%, 1 in 7 chance of getting 1st pick
    Just a top 4 pick would go a long way to injecting talent into this roster tbh. The Thompson twins don't have the same potential as Wemby/Scoot but they could be All-NBA caliber.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this team actually kinda of sucks enough that they don't have to tank tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah before the season started almost every mock had us at either the worst team or at best the top 3 worst of the NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When they was 5-2 I had the brilliant take that they were a hungry, high energy, well-coached team that would win 40 games.

They proceeded to go 1-14 after. It just stinks that the Rockets, Pistons, and Magic are blatantly tanking for that 14% slot. Spurs may never get into that tier.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tank looking good

Just a top 4 pick would go a long way to injecting talent into this roster tbh. The Thompson twins don't have the same potential as Wemby/Scoot but they could be All-NBA caliber.
    Yeah, don't get me wrong I am sure we both will go crazy to get the first pick and even second pick but for me I would be VERY happy with anyone in the top 4. Anyone we get even 3 to 4 in the draft will be our best player easily so yeah tank away because we are what are record says we are........We Need Talent ...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Romeo Langford having himself a very solid game.
    Let the trade talks begin...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When they was 5-2 I had the brilliant take that they were a hungry, high energy, well-coached team that would win 40 games.

They proceeded to go 1-14 after. It just stinks that the Rockets, Pistons, and Magic are blatantly tanking for that 14% slot. Spurs may never get into that tier.

Right now the Rockets have the same amount of losses as us but 1 fewer win. The Pistons and Magic also have 5 wins. We still have plenty of time for them to leapfrog us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be Diaw, not TP. Wemby switched teams this summer.
    Babac is now in the French team coaching' staff, so Tony is the best way to get intel about Wemby, apart from calling Collet directly, who coaches Boulogne-Levallois and is also the Fench national team's coach.
    Last edited by Rocalcio; 12-01-2022 at 10:08 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Babac is now in the French team coaching' staff, so Tony is the best way to get intel about Wemby, apart from calling Collet directly, who coaches Boulogne-Levallois and is also the Fench national team's coach.
    Whatever the situation is in France, how does that affect the NBA lottery?

Wemby could pull a Kobe, forced his way from Charlotte to LAL, and force his way out of somewhere to SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wemby could pull a Kobe, forced his way from Charlotte to LAL, and force his way out of somewhere to SA.
    I don’t think he’s that kind of kid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Spurs are literally the worst team in NBA advance stats my dude. Get into that tier? lol, they ARE that tier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think he’s that kind of kid.
    You don't really know him, just like no one here really knew Primo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A player who would force his way to SA? The first thing to do with such a player would be send him for a long talk with a psychologist (after locking a chas y belt on him.)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    N we didn't kno kawhy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't really know him, just like no one here really knew Primo.
    I’m French and I follow his career in his club and in the national team. I read a lot of interviews of him and everybody agreed on the idea that he’s a nice and clever kid. Honestly, when you look at the hype surrounding him, if he was a bag we’d already know… You can’t compare him to Primo who was a nobody before the Spurs surprisingly drafted him that high, he wasn’t prepared to the pressure which fell on him after that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m French and I follow his career in his club and in the national team. I read a lot of interviews of him and everybody agreed on the idea that he’s a nice and clever kid. Honestly, when you look at the hype surrounding him, if he was a bag we’d already know… You can’t compare him to Primo who was a nobody before the Spurs surprisingly drafted him that high, he wasn’t prepared to the pressure which fell on him after that.

He seems like a good kid to me too, but I'm just pointing out that reading interviews with athletes doesn't exactly give you a deep and personal insight into their character. Of course they're going to say the right things, just as one does at a job interview. There were literally hundreds of tweets, instagram posts, interviews, and compliments posted here about Primo, and nobody suspected prior to a month ago that he had serious issues... Everybody "agreed" that Primo had high character and an "uncanny" maturity. Our second hand knowledge of athlete heroes is fundamentally unreliable, unless you're in their inner circle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, a generational talent isn’t going to “force his way to SA”. Our best hope is that he doesn’t mind playing in SA, but actively hoping a player will force his way here is a pipe dream.

Thread Information