Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/spurs-thunder-grades-22/

Ouch, bad loss.

Good for Victor-related purposes, though, I guess.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/spurs-thunder-grades-22/

Ouch, bad loss.

Good for Victor-related purposes, though, I guess.
    San Antonio Cavs man. We just tank a few years and then get LeBron to come here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Keldon starts just chucking shots up to see what will happen when they come down he needs to be set on the bench. He's been reading his press clippings about how he is the go-to guy for scoring this year and it ain't happening right now. Second half Jones kept Jonesing by taking his dribble down on the side and when nothing and no one was there he;d have to bring it back to the center with not much time left on the shot clock.
    Vassell is proving he can score night after night but he has no help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched down the stretch, and our offense was pathetic and predictable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched down the stretch, and our offense was pathetic and predictable.
    That’s kind of the odd thing about this group. All that passing, cutting, spacing and ball movement we saw early is gone. Now it’s guys ISOing up. Not sure if that’s desperation, apathy, or opponents scouting us well,but that’s the disappointing part for me. We’re a team of complementary pieces, and hero hall doesn’t work for this group.

Heck, the Bulls are showing that without their point guard, a ball dominant offense without a superstar doesn’t lead to many wins. And our group, with Keldon unsuccessfully trying to be that guy in the DDR role, is getting pretty stagnant, and not good at all. Keldon is worse in that role than Murray who was worse in that role than Demar. History repeating itself with each copy worse than the previous one. Pop should shut that sh!t down but I think it’s serving it’s bottom four purpose this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ And….Keldon is surrounded by (by NBA standards) bottom level talent other than Vassell, so I don’t blame him, necessarily, for simply trying to make something happen. Not many other options. But this group is better when they try to run the Beautiful Game offense….even if it’s the Special Education gym class version compared to 2014.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s kind of the odd thing about this group. All that passing, cutting, spacing and ball movement we saw early is gone. Now it’s guys ISOing up. Not sure if that’s desperation, apathy, or opponents scouting us well,but that’s the disappointing part for me. We’re a team of complementary pieces, and hero hall doesn’t work for this group.

Heck, the Bulls are showing that without their point guard, a ball dominant offense without a superstar doesn’t lead to many wins. And our group, with Keldon unsuccessfully trying to be that guy in the DDR role, is getting pretty stagnant, and not good at all. Keldon is worse in that role than Murray who was worse in that role than Demar. History repeating itself with each copy worse than the previous one. Pop should shut that sh!t down but I think it’s serving it’s bottom four purpose this year.
    Pop already shut it down. We are last in iso possesions in the last 2 years. This year is historically low. 2.8 this year the next lowest is 4.2. I don't think we iso'd less even in the Beutiful game era. 15-16 we are last at 5.6.
    Last edited by rankingtear; 12-01-2022 at 08:29 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s way obvious Pop is tanking. The efficiency in first-half scoring in contrast to the convoluted 2nd-half. He wanted to see what they could do playing good basketball 1st-half which resulted to 17 points lead, then slowly gave up the lead and ultimately losing. Come on man In Pop we trust

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its not the players that want to tank, its pop and the front office. You can see some of the terrible plays being made... where's the HOF coach play calling ? No , this is intentional. The team has options to get better trade wise and cap wise, but big transactions have been waiver wire pickups and signing 15th player level guys like Alize Johnson or Jordan Hall. Nope we're tanking.

This is not a very good squad we have, but bad play calling, bad subs utions, errors, or resting somewhat healthy players just makes it worse and its becoming pretty obvious what they're doing. We're tanking.

I expect a call from Adam Silver pretty soon, maybe even a fine. There's been lots of tanking before, but Silver and the NBA are getting tired of it. (Silver doesn't actually care about the spurs) No matter what the prize is later, the product is being degraded now and its not a good look. Hopefully we don't damage the spurs brand too much from all the tanking.

Its going to be a long year and it will really suck if we don't land Wemby or Scoot in next year's draft.
    Last edited by jjspur; 12-01-2022 at 09:44 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Send Keldon back to D league to get overhimself!!!

Only kidding , Keldon will be fine he is just going through a slump (allthough a bad one) and teams are focusing almist all their defence on him. It's really difficult when he is surrounded by lack of talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Even if you are rooting for the Spurs to tank, this type of collapse shouldn’t be something to be happy about."

Huh? This is exactly the type of loss to be happy about.
    Jumped down another spot to 4th against a team we will be competing with for Generational Wama.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All we can really hope for this season is that our youth doesn't pick up bad habits while losing .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Even if you are rooting for the Spurs to tank, this type of collapse shouldn’t be something to be happy about."

Huh? This is exactly the type of loss to be happy about.
    Jumped down another spot to 4th against a team we will be competing with for Generational Wama.
    I agree, it would be better to win games against teams fighting for the Playoffs. And it would also be much better for the team's mood.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When your leading scorer only gets 12 shots and you're running offense thru Keita Bates diop in the last min of a game it's obvious you aren't trying to win. Pathetic how little shots vassell gets while Keldon is bombing brick after brick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it'd be nice if langford can evolve his offense enough to put him in the rotation because he's looking like the real deal on the defensive side of the ball,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and it truly was a tale of two tanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really liked Langford in this game, hope he can carry on like this.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These games are getting unbelievably painful. Outside of a few players, there doesn’t seem to be a lot of progress.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't see what you all like about Tre, he seems terrible. For a guy who is most regarded for not ing up he sure is ing up too much. Dumb turnovers on offense because he can't create anything off the dribble so he tries to risk it and telegraphs passes, total reluctancy to shoot 3s, blown rotations on defense, can't stay in front of anyone.

Also it kills me that he often spends 12 to 14 seconds of the clock to get the ball into the offense, especially on low post sets, he just can't find the angle for the pass and then the ball gets passed out of the post and everybody's scraping because the clock is running out.

If he's your backup PG make sure the starter is a superstar who plays 40 minutes a game.
    If he's your starter - you're completely ed.
    If he's your tank commander - good job, go for Victor!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if you are rooting for the Spurs to tank, this type of collapse shouldn’t be something to be happy about.
    You'd be incorrect tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'd be incorrect tbh

im ing thrilled

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'd be incorrect tbh
    seriously

all the keldons/vassells of the world are great and all, but unless you've got one of the victor's, doesnt matter how many of the former you've got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its not the players that want to tank, its pop and the front office. You can see some of the terrible plays being made... where's the HOF coach play calling ? No , this is intentional. The team has options to get better trade wise and cap wise, but big transactions have been waiver wire pickups and signing 15th player level guys like Alize Johnson or Jordan Hall. Nope we're tanking.

This is not a very good squad we have, but bad play calling, bad subs utions, errors, or resting somewhat healthy players just makes it worse and its becoming pretty obvious what they're doing. We're tanking.

I expect a call from Adam Silver pretty soon, maybe even a fine. There's been lots of tanking before, but Silver and the NBA are getting tired of it. (Silver doesn't actually care about the spurs) No matter what the prize is later, the product is being degraded now and its not a good look. Hopefully we don't damage the spurs brand too much from all the tanking.

Its going to be a long year and it will really suck if we don't land Wemby or Scoot in next year's draft.
    Silver has no one to blame but himself for the watered down product.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Romeo defense just stands out, he just has a natural ability to predict where the ball handler is going next. Kid is very intriguing and just turned 23 last month. Vassell is just starting and I think he will have a much better overall career than Keldon when it is all said and done. Not a hot take or anything though seeing how Vassell was a lottery pick and Keldon was a couple picks away from being selected in the second round. I still think Keldon will have a long really good career but Vassell just stands out to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs are not playing iso ball. It's probably worse than that. They passing around the perimeter looking for an open three. Teams can do an easy switch. No bigs or scoring guards to really punish that. Then Johnson goes hard to the rim. Teams don't collapse on him. And he isn't a good enough passer to really find a weak link. And if was like that most of the quarter. It's not fun to watch.

Thread Information