Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He continued: “You play him at the four early on. Down the line, you leave the door open to him playing outside or him becoming a center. But, to give him space to grow and protect his body, he’s a four to begin with.”
    I definitely agree with this... which is why I could see them holding on to Poeltl.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Play him at the 4.

Uh, duh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ..." their meticulousness. Stories are told about how the Spurs keep open files for every professional basketball player dating back 30-plus years and how the franchise has a constantly updated list of potential replacements for each individual in the organization."

timvp can you get us a look at the Forbes File?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "give him space to grow and protect his body"

Absolute key for whomever drafts Wama.

Chet getting injured in a glorified rat ball pickup game was a tragedy. Also need to reach Wamas brain that do NOT take uneccessary risks like Chet did. I don't mean just playing in the game, i mean the disaster decision to try to run back and block Lebron while shuffling backwords.

Smart. Wama has got to play smart.
    Glad to see Spurs are already broaching the subject.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh man, all the hype being built up makes the disappointment that much greater. As a fan, this is why you don’t put all your hopes in one basket. It’s going to be a meltdown of epic proportions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Timvp for the insides. It explains a lot about Spurs direction, personnel changes and plays. It doesn’t hurt that Wemby played for TP and possibly had inside scope more than anybody. Sochan at PG is still a stretch but Wemby able to play PG and create makes it possible. So Poeltl is staying and that’s ideal being such an unselfish player. But 14% compared to 21% when Spurs landed Timmy with 3rd worst record (Spurs currently tied with 3rd worst record). Here’s hoping for the best

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh man, all the hype being built up makes the disappointment that much greater. As a fan, this is why you don’t put all your hopes in one basket. It’s going to be a meltdown of epic proportions.
    you sound like the kind of guy who'd be depressed about winning a million dollars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan, Vassell, Keldon, Wemby, Poeltl. Wow. Wemby playing some PG makes this work, but Sochan still needs to work a lot working on his handles and crisp passes, likewise Vassell as maybe another ballhandler down the stretch. While Poeltl could sit on tight games and Blake playing PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you sound like the kind of guy who'd be depressed about winning a million dollars.
    Man, you do a great job of comprehending what my thoughts are. I’ve said in very clear statements I would be happy about landing Wemba but have expressed the very realistic possibilities about having a player like that. I’m also fine with landing a few other players outside of Wemba, something you and other folks might not be able to cope with by the way you speak of rainbows and butterflies regarding this subject. I’m sorry I’m not that super optimistic that the Spurs will be able to get him. I’m able to deal with that. I’m not sure you will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's still going all in on a 14% bet. The odds are probably as good or better that Kyle Filipowski will be wearing a Spurs' uniform next season rather than Wemby... which, honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to either.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 12-04-2022 at 01:06 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. I have the mentality that the Spurs won't get him. It's why I scout other guys who will be available in the top 5-6 of the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, you do a great job of comprehending what my thoughts are. I’ve said in very clear statements I would be happy about landing Wemba but have expressed the very realistic possibilities about having a player like that. I’m also fine with landing a few other players outside of Wemba, something you and other folks might not be able to cope with by the way you speak of rainbows and butterflies regarding this subject. I’m sorry I’m not that super optimistic that the Spurs will be able to get him. I’m able to deal with that. I’m not sure you will.

No, you've managed to somehow elevate yourself above everybody else while sharing the exact same opinion, which is a masterful act of subjective backpatting. You think Wembanyama should be the #1 pick, but you do so while anxiously wringing your hands like Lady MacBeth, which makes you a genius of analysis. Everyone else who thinks Wembanyama should be the #1 pick is a naive and superficial poser, and they're drinking the Koolaid. Congrats on that!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, you've managed to somehow elevate yourself above everybody else while sharing the exact same opinion, which is a masterful act of subjective backpatting. You think Wembanyama should be the #1 pick, but you do so while anxiously wringing your hands like Lady MacBeth, which makes you a genius of analysis. Everyone else who thinks Wembanyama should be the #1 pick is a naive and superficial poser who is drinking the Koolaid. Congrats on that!
    Lord, here comes the guy who accuses me of going personal with people yet here he is again following every post of mine and goes out of his way to attack me because I don’t share his opinion. When can I stop living in your head rent-free? Jesus Christ. Every time I post now, I have to set a timer for about 30 minutes… about the time frame you would come react to my post and act all butthurt about it all the while being a hypocrite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lord, here comes the guy who accuses me of going personal with people yet here he is again following every post of mine and goes out of his way to attack me because I don’t share his opinion. When can I stop living in your head rent-free? Jesus Christ. Every time I post now, I have to set a timer for about 30 minutes… about the time frame you would come react to my post and act all butthurt about it all the while being a hypocrite.

Uh.. you do share my opinion.

You just share it better than me, or anybody else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh.. you do share my opinion.

You just share it better than me, or anybody else.
    Here’s a suggestion: if my posts irk you so much, put me on ignore.

and if you find that doing that is pointless because you’ll still see my posts because people quote me— then I don’t know what to tell you. Maybe my posts don’t need to appear as controversial as you think they are and they actually spur discussion on a forum with a lot of posting.

I’m just like a lot of other people on here. I don’t need to stand out in anyone’s mind. I’m not worth your time or effort if you feel like there’s no productive discussion to be had between you and I.

And that goes to a lot of folks who don’t like what I post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great article!

I, for one, am glad that the Spurs would be well prepared for landing Wemby should the lottery balls grant us that great fortune. Due diligence to the max! What's not to like about this?
    It makes sense for a small market, old-school team to operate this way. It also follows to reason that PATFO would be well-prepared for picks #2 -7, as well.
    It impresses me that the Spurs, especially Pop, are so holistic in their appraisals of the player and the person. No one can be 100% correct on this, especially lower in the draft order. Primo/Luka, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurfan gonna be sorely disappointed when we end up picking between 4-8 tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In poker terms spurs are roughly an Ace 10 suited against pocket aces preflop.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone who is optimistic about winning something with 14% chance gets disappointed most of the time.

I'd be happy with a top3 pick.

But yeah, Victor should really hope for the Spurs to draft him, other franchises that will be in the running are more or less dumpster fires. And it would be only right for Spurs to get the most hyped international prospect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've got a 14% chance. I'll look forward to learning about the other picks in the draft if we aren't so "fortuitous."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    be our new pg

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who’s putting all their hopes in landing the 1 pick?

Most fans seem ok with the front office taking a “chance” at placing themselves within that 14% percentile. They keep a file on every player. They should be prepared and they need to prepared - especially if they land in the top 3. They can’t this up. Period.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This organization is so predictable. They're supposedly seriously contemplating throwing away a quality asset(s) (on top of the two recent 1sts in the garbage) due to a 14% chance (if they actually believe it's not rigged which of course they'd never let on because teams have to keep up appearances).

Yes, the Wembanyama types typically come in as starting 4's and play the 5 more so in a backup capacity, but 5 is the most over saturated position in the league. It shouldn't be too difficult to find a lesser Poeltl and it shouldn't matter considering it's not realistic to expect to be much better next season.

Thread Information