Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Count
    Actually, that is what my response is about. I’m giving her all the respect. I think beard and his lawyer told her $5 million is probably walking away. She thought about it after she had her ass whipped and would prefer to keep that money.
    You're implying that she is now essentially lying for money. How is that "giving her all the respect"?

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    You're implying that she is now essentially lying for money. How is that "giving her all the respect"?

She DID take an ass whoopin. Im giving her respect on saying she didnt lie to begin with. She is lying now to keep that money. So if you are saying that is disrespect, so be it.

So you are saying because she changed her story I should give her respect? This has played out like most typical abuse cases. The abused and attacked spouse calls the police and tells the truth up front,
    only to recant the story because they don't want to lose the abusive spouse or any financials involved.

This is why most cases are followed through by the state instead of just being dropped. Not all the time, but the vast majority of the time.
    Last edited by lebomb; 12-26-2022 at 07:31 PM.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    She DID take an ass whoopin. Im giving her respect on saying she didnt lie to begin with. She is lying now to keep that money. So if you are saying that is disrespect, so be it.

So you are saying because she changed her story I should give her respect? This has played out like most typical abuse cases. The abused and attacked spouse calls the police and tells the truth up front,
    only to recant the story because they don't want to lose the abusive spouse or any financials involved.

This is why most cases are followed through by the state instead of just being dropped. Not all the time, but the vast majority of the time.
    i would have only been shocked if she hadn't recanted her story.

So what is Beards up to the minute status with Horns?

Post Count
    So what is Beards up to the minute status with Horns?
    It’s probably going to be a while…

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    re-affirmed commitments today from AJ Johnson and Ron Holland
    via texas mods.......
    Hearing rumors Beard’s firing will be announced this week, too.
    playblair heard this news 2 weeks ago as of the making of the thread......looks like news was held until after holidays........

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Officially gone.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    that er

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Now for the Travis County DA decision.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yeah apparently it took more than he had to just walk away.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    https://www.burntorangenation.com/20...exas-longhorns

“Being a head coach at The University of Texas at Austin is about more than winning games. The privilege of coaching comes with a great responsibility that goes beyond just avoiding improper conduct. A coach is a leader — a leader who develops student athletes’ positive character, supports their education, prepares them for success in lives after graduation, and represents the University of Texas with honor and respect. A coach’s influence is effected through both professional and personal interactions,” Davis wrote in response.

“Chris Beard engaged in unacceptable behavior that makes him unfit to serve as head coach at our university. Instead of immediately terminating Mr. Beard, the university exercised thoughtful restraint to allow time for additional material facts to emerge. Mr. Del Conte supported Mr. Beard and the program by supporting this pause before action and by presuming his innocence while the facts unfolded. But that support was not a determination regarding Mr. Beard’s conduct — such a decision would have been premature. It is a mistake to view a manager’s support for an employee as a statement of belief in criminal guilt or innocence. We understand that some but not all of the reports of Mr. Beard’s behavior were retracted. It is his actual behavior that we consider, not whether some acts also cons ute a crime. Whether or not the District Attorney ultimately charges Mr. Beard is not determinative of whether he engaged in conduct unbecoming a head coach at our university.

“There seems to be an incorrect underlying assumption that the criminal process outcome dictates Mr. Beard’s employment outcome. But these are different processes, where different decision makers are weighing different factors. My call to you, as Mr. Beard’s lawyer, was a courtesy to let you know that Athletics Director Chris Del Conte was prepared to start the termination process of Mr. Beard, that Mr. Del Conte was calling Mr. Beard that morning, and that there was only a short window open for Mr. Beard to resign should he choose to avoid termination. The university does not have a preference for his resignation versus his termination. And again, our evaluation of Mr. Beard’s fitness for service is not contingent on whether he is also convicted of a particular crime or whether those charges are dismissed at some point.

“Additionally, your letter this morning reveals that Mr. Beard does not understand the significance of the behavior he knows he engaged in, or the ensuing events that impair his ability to effectively lead our program. This lack of self-awareness is yet another failure of judgment that makes Mr. Beard unfit to serve as a head coach at our university. For these reasons, the university proceeds to terminate Mr. Beard. The attached letter is his termination notice and will be part of his employee file.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yeah apparently it took more than he had to just walk away.
    Yep.

That had to be a part of it.
    "Just get out of here, and take your salary or something."

I still want to see how Travis County does this.
    What does it take to get these things resolved, gotta be a nasty thing for the Law when the alleged victim recants.
    So the court and his basketball status may involve different processes, but if jail time came first, good luck coaching from behind walls.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yep.

That had to be a part of it.
    "Just get out of here, and take your salary or something."

I still want to see how Travis County does this.
    What does it take to get these things resolved, gotta be a nasty thing for the Law when the alleged victim recants.
    So the court and his basketball status may involve different processes, but if jail time came first, good luck coaching from behind walls.
    I meant more from the fight with his fiancee, but that too.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I meant more from the fight with his fiancee, but that too.
    After the ever so touching Xmas picture (now removed) of her sitting on Beard's lap I was thinking she may want to stay on him and the money train at the next basketball stop. Couple of years before people forget Im guessing. Or maybe Europe bball in the interim. Beard would be a hero in Serbia.

But yeah maybe she just milks him and gets out of there.

Post Count
    So is Texas on the hook for his full salary?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So is Texas on the hook for his full salary?
    Nope.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/20...reign-immunity

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I did not know that -- very interesting.
    Yeah I was thinking they had to wait for more from Travis County investigation (and not a trial necessarily) but apparently not.
    Forgot about that Leach case. Leach was still attempting to be a pain about that thing since he could not sue. Leach would openly talk about his efforts. (I believe a number of the people Leach really hated because of his firing had died, retired, or moved elsewhere. Which is a bit ironic now.)
    Blake probably knows more.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    ron holland is going to decomitt..........his mom is a feminazi..........i blame all u sjws at the university of texas.....cdc wanted to keep beard the descion was made over his head by sjws in the regetns.........all beard did was push her out of the way to move her & now he is jobless........

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Austin American Statesman thinks UT is sure that Beard's lawyer and Beard went way too far.
    And Wrongful Termination suit coming by Beard and counsel. Leach got hammered on this play and Texas Tech. And Leach had a lot more to stand on imo.
    Del Conte totally pissed off how Beard and Attorney acted out during meetings. UT lawyers blown away by lack of acknowledgement on very basic facts.

Post Count
    Austin American Statesman thinks UT is sure that Beard's lawyer and Beard went way too far.
    And Wrongful Termination suit coming by Beard and counsel. Leach got hammered on this play and Texas Tech. And Leach had a lot more to stand on imo.
    Del Conte totally pissed off how Beard and Attorney acted out during meetings. UT lawyers blown away by lack of acknowledgement on very basic facts.
    The whole episode is unbelievably sad from every angle.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The whole episode is unbelievably sad from every angle.
    Absolutely.

No winners in this thing.

Thread Information