View Poll Results: Will Trump serve any jail/prison time?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 23.81%
  • No

16 76.19%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Discuss

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Yes and no.

He will be found guilty of a serious enough federal criminal charge that he will be sentenced to jail time.

Before getting sentenced, he will find a way to flee the country or he will pass away. Thereby, he won’t actually go to jail.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    No. He won’t even get a conviction.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Won't go to trial.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes and no.

He will be found guilty of a serious enough federal criminal charge that he will be sentenced to jail time.

Before getting sentenced, he will find a way to flee the country or he will pass away. Thereby, he won’t actually go to jail.
    Barring a random cardiac arrest (not impossible, but about as likely as the GOP winning Michigan by 10% or more in 2024), I don't see Trump dying for at least another 15-20 years. He will live well into his 90s. Unlike Biden his brain is still firing on all the cylinders he's ever had. Yes his diet is horrible but he doesn't drink or smoke or do drugs like his dead brother did.

Flee the country is possible, but with such a high profile person, how will he be not caught? He'd have to choose a third-world country, i.e. a country that wouldn't extradite him to the USA because of lack of treaties.

No. He won’t even get a conviction.
    I've been reading that the case in Georgia against him is stronger than anything that's come out of NYC or the federal DOJ over J6:

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-steps-2022-12

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flee the country is possible, but with such a high profile person, how will he be not caught? He'd have to choose a third-world country, i.e. a country that wouldn't extradite him to the USA because of lack of treaties.
    Russia would take him. He could manage a hotel in Sochi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russia would take him. He could manage a hotel in Sochi.
    And have all the hot eastern european s he likes. Just like he's always liked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol private poll results. i voted no

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Barring a random cardiac arrest (not impossible, but about as likely as the GOP winning Michigan by 10% or more in 2024), I don't see Trump dying for at least another 15-20 years. He will live well into his 90s. Unlike Biden his brain is still firing on all the cylinders he's ever had. Yes his diet is horrible but he doesn't drink or smoke or do drugs like his dead brother did.

I've been reading that the case in Georgia against him is stronger than anything that's come out of NYC or the federal DOJ over J6:

The NY case against him is strictly civil iirc.

The stolen do ents just seems like something he’ll be able to plead out without jail time.

The J6 stuff might potentially deserve jail time but the burden for a conviction with that stuff is extremely high and hard to pull off.

I have no idea re: the Georgia case against him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US Injustice system rewards corrupt, greedy politicos and bizness people.
    tRump is both.

He ain't doing a day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol private poll results. i voted no
    En led to a secret ballot.
    It's in the Cons ution

(But Trump wants to draft his own Cons ution, tbh)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump might go to the pokey for swiping top secret docs, but I tend to doubt any of this J6 stuff will stick. We'll see.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

That's not true, the guy is not nearly as sharp and witty as he was in 2016. It may not be cognitive decline, though - maybe just a case of him being scared less because people are trying to put him in jail on multiple fronts, so he cant string together coherent thoughts.

I have listened to the entire GA phone call. Trump is usually bright enough to use mob-code type talk and not incriminate himself - but not in this phone call. He blatantly tells Raffensperger to "find" enough votes for him to win and then just say you have "recalculated". Trump willfully tried to defraud the state of GA, and used intimidation to do it, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not true, the guy is not nearly as sharp and witty as he was in 2016. It may not be cognitive decline, though - maybe just a case of him being scared less because people are trying to put him in jail on multiple fronts, so he cant string together coherent thoughts.

I have listened to the entire GA phone call. Trump is usually bright enough to use mob-code type talk and not incriminate himself - but not in this phone call. He blatantly tells Raffensperger to "find" enough votes for him to win and then just say you have "recalculated". Trump willfully tried to defraud the state of GA, and used intimidation to do it, imo.
    That's why I'm thinking the Georgia case is the most likely to actually stick compared to anything regarding J6, Russia, taking docs to Florida, or the NY tax fraud.

The funny thing is that even if the GOP leadership did "find enough votes" for him to win in both Arizona and Georgia, he still would have lost the electoral college.

Trump might go to the pokey for swiping top secret docs, but I tend to doubt any of this J6 stuff will stick. We'll see.
    I think that would have happened in August though if that were to happen. The FBI could have easily seized him in the raid but they didn't.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That's why I'm thinking the Georgia case is the most likely to actually stick compared to anything regarding J6, Russia, taking docs to Florida, or the NY tax fraud.

The funny thing is that even if the GOP leadership did "find enough votes" for him to win in both Arizona and Georgia, he still would have lost the electoral college.

I think that would have happened in August though if that were to happen. The FBI could have easily seized him in the raid but they didn't.
    At that point I think it was all about damage control. He had already declared his own 306 Electoral college(same number Biden got) votes to be a "landslide victory" just 4 years earlier. Stealing GA and/or AZ was all about softening the blow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At that point I think it was all about damage control. He had already declared his own 306 Electoral college(same number Biden got) votes to be a "landslide victory" just 4 years earlier. Stealing GA and/or AZ was all about softening the blow.
    Which it objectively wasn't.

400+ is

Nixon's reelection was

Reagan's were both times, Bush '88, LBJ in '64. Bush '88 was the last one. Clinton '92 was close but with the caveat of Ross Perot taking some ECVs away from Bush by proxy. There hasn't been anything close to a landslide in over thirty years due to polarization.

The only possibility of a landslide will be Biden in '24 if and only if Trump runs third party against DeSantis.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah the secret docs thing will likely stick but he won't go to jail. They will strike some kind of deal where he does house arrest or something like that and he can't run for office again. Works for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah the secret docs thing will likely stick but he won't go to jail. They will strike some kind of deal where he does house arrest or something like that and he can't run for office again. Works for me.
    so long as he pleads guilty and can't run for anything, cool.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Might as well let him keep running since he's torpedoing the fascists in elections now.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Biden president
    Not Trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you two are A-OK with President DeSantis being inaugurated on Jan. 20, 2025.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you two are A-OK with President DeSantis being inaugurated on Jan. 20, 2025.
    DeSantis won't win, he's too weird and too uncharismatic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn’t think so, but I think now they have him on the docs case.

Though I do think Old Joe pardons him if jail time is in play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For what?

Thread Information